Threezero Game of Thrones - 1/6 Jon Snow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my exclusive completely unexpectedly as I hadn't checked the thread in awhile. I understand the complaints about the headsculpt. It looks good with a little distance but up close the likeness or paint isn't right. On a positive the weathering on the outfit and the sheer weight and size of Ghost is awesome.

Will bring my camera to work and get some studio shots tomorrow.

Alright guys, I really feel like a jerk for complaining, but I finally opened Jon Snow. There's a reason threezero never updated us with the production photos along the way, as with Tyrion and Ned, and it's because Jon's awful.

What would you say is arguably the most important thing about a figure? Sure, it's all important, but the head sculpt is what draws you in, right? Well what I received today was a very tan man bearing a resemblance to Kit Harrington, but in a "Oh cool, that's a pretty good cosplay," kind of way. His hair seems wrong, and the paint is sloppy on the hairline. The eyes have paint issues, as well, and the sprayed-on beard is much more noticeable and less tame than on Tyrion or Ned. I have little specks from it all the way up on Jon's forehead. I just hope they can fix these issues before Jaime Lannister is released. It'd be a shame if his paint job turned out as poorly as Jon Snow's.

Ghost is heavy, maybe unnecessarily so, and his paint is equal to that of a cheap dollar store toy. No joke. The sculpt around the head is questionable, too. His muzzle/nose/whatever that's called feels way too tall. His paws are more rough than Tyrion's hands. Ghost has a particular look in the series, and this doesn't capture him at all. This is just a big, white dog. I might be willing to sell him. I'll decide in due time.

Alright, complaining over - there is something good about Jon Snow, and it's the clothing. With the exception of the boots, it's all great. In fact, it almost feels wrong to pose him with his cloak on because you miss so much detail covering him up like that. So, as always, clothing was top notch by threezero.

Overall a major disappointment, though I hope you guys are more pleased than I am.

Wow... this is the first time I've received a figure in hand before seeing any in hand photos posted.

By all accounts here, the likeness is off but I still want to see Jon Snow and Ghost in-hand myself when I get home tonight.

Looking forward to pairing it with the other two ThreeZero figures, along with my custom Danny sitting on the throne.

My Jon Snow and Ghost arrived today. Yes the head sculpt is more Eric Bana than Kit Harrington, but everything else is fantastic. The outfit, weapons and Ghost are all top notch. The set makes a great impression. Happy I ordered the exclusive.

JonSnow5.jpgJonSnow1.jpgJonSnow6.jpgJonSnow7.jpgJonSnow4.jpg

very happy with Jon and ghost in hand, like the previous two, photos don't do it justice.
a576a6f6e8ba047434af480bd7e10db2.jpg

Thanos came in today to! whoot whoot!
bbe7e4477f9fa7de82cada4df682bd69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine showed up today out of the blue. DHL van pulled up right after I parked i the garage! So good timing. I think he turned out great. I really like the likeness. The weathering and outfit are superb.

The more I look at the sculpt, the angrier I am. At first I was like...."well, okay..."

But now...

First impressions on Jon- Wow, this figure stinks. As in it smells horrible. I think Ned smelled the same way, but this one was overpowering out of the box. Guess it's the rubber? I'm no expert on material smells.

I agree. I had to open a window after unboxing it. Maybe I'll leave it in my garage a few days to decant. Those poor people in the factory. I hope they were given adequate ventilation.

Well, got mine. Haven't opened Ghost yet, just going over Jon. Over all he's not bad, the weak point of the likeness are the eyes. They also look sleepy, and are painted sloppily in comparison to most HT eyes.

The outfit is very nice, but the rubber belt is odd. Loose threads ends sticking out everywhere on the cloth tunic. My biggest complaint are those clown boots... They've gotta go if I decide to keep it.

92d9e7ee2fef14d5a264593a62cc51f3.jpg

Yeah, those boots. That's the only problem I have with the Ned Stark figure also. The boots are way too big. I'll still get it, but I'll need to work on fixing those boots.

That picture is exactly what the custom head I'm trying to get made will be based on. It's the "Jon Snow look." We only need 7 more people interested and Rocco will start sculpting it. Remember, it isn't a sales thread. Just saying you are interested helps it get made, but you are not obligated to buy it. Help your fellow freaks out and get a better headsculpt!

PM me a price if you're still looking for interested parties.

Great pics in here from everyone. :hi5:

Ghost is a BEAST! (pun intended)

I gave Lord Snow the girlfriend test and her response was, in so many words, one of the better 'dolls' that look like the actor.

Anyway, here are a few quick snaps of Jon. I'm digging him. Also, as others have said, the box is the best they have done. Thanks ThreeZero - Now the 10 month wait for Jaime. :yess:

24738548866_d9654e7a87_b.jpg

24764776695_c90b8dba5e_b.jpg

24397149959_e47c90d91f_b.jpg

24469291600_fdfa130757_b.jpg

24738593376_a8b7e482fc_b.jpg

Back