Threezero Game of Thrones - 1/6 Jon Snow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Breathing new life in a figure that I barely noticed.
8eed3ec12910387a110f5d376e398cc6.jpg
8a46b2d64ac875a86c580d732893e9e2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

It’s way better than the threezero for sure. Wondering if a repaint would bring Out more likeness. Makes me a bit sad they went for a mass released head with no mass released outfit to pair it with as a long hair sculpt to pop right on top of your old threezero figure right in time for the s8 premier would be a very good feeling.

Regardless I’m very happy to see the head finally released

Re: Possible Hot Toys DC TV license?

On one hand, I agree that, while this S7-8 HS is a massive improvement over the stock HS...it's kind of a shame that we don't have an outfit to match it. On the other, However, we all know it's only a matter of time before we get a proper threezero S7-S8 Jon snow. Will that sculpt match the quality of this? No idea...but if it falls short, well, at least I have nut piz's HS as backup. Threezeros jon snow better feature a knockout portrait.

On one hand, I agree that, while this S7-8 HS is a massive improvement over the stock HS...it's kind of a shame that we don't have an outfit to match it. On the other, However, we all know it's only a matter of time before we get a proper threezero S7-S8 Jon snow. Will that sculpt match the quality of this? No idea...but if it falls short, well, at least I have nut piz's HS as backup. Threezeros jon snow better feature a knockout portrait.
Yeah, this is the dilemma I’m in now. I want to buy the sculpt but I have nothing to put it on. BUT if I pass on it and then TZ makes one with a bad headsculpt, I’m gonna regret passing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, this is the dilemma I’m in now. I want to buy the sculpt but I have nothing to put it on. BUT if I pass on it and then TZ makes one with a bad headsculpt, I’m gonna regret passing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, I think you or anyone else that's on the fence SHOULD get this. If TZ makes a later season Jon snow (honestly we really don't know when), and if the portrait is really good, then you can always customize Nut Piz's HS into a battle worn look. The good thing with that is, it's already a stellar sculpt with a great paint job. all that's left for you to do is dirty it up. That's what I intend on doing. The major difference between this current portrait and the stock portrait is this:

IMG_5053.JPGIMG_5058.JPG

(Not mine! This was found in this thread...somewhere in the 200s page)

This is major custom work on the original. As I mentioned before, the stock portrait had a good sculpt, but the paint job effed it up. In order to make that HS shine is a repaint. Which cost 3 bills if I remember correctly. All of that dirt adds an extra level of realism.

And with this:

IMG_5048.jpgIMG_5049.jpg

Black ink, little brush, finger tip=boom, you got battle worn Jon. Faux hair not necessary.

So, in the event TZ's Jon snow 2.0 has a HS that is equal to or exceeds this HS...I'll be making my own weathered Jon.

I could never understand how anyone could proclaim the stock sculpt a good sculpt. That very first owen picture above there (he never topped thst first one of you ask me) was the best it ever looked and if you ask me you can really tell it’s a poor sculpt without refined details and IMo a terrible likeness.

I think the new eleven head is an excellent base I can’t wait to try and repaint and rehair it. I’m also doing that currently with the cult king HS which has its issues but I still think is the best Jon we have seen yet

I could never understand how anyone could proclaim the stock sculpt a good sculpt. That very first owen picture above there (he never topped thst first one of you ask me) was the best it ever looked and if you ask me you can really tell it’s a poor sculpt without refined details and IMo a terrible likeness.

I think the new eleven head is an excellent base I can’t wait to try and repaint and rehair it. I’m also doing that currently with the cult king HS which has its issues but I still think is the best Jon we have seen yet

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to take anything away from the (...eleven? Nut Piz?) new headsculpt. It's why I did NOT hesitate to get it haha. I'm just basing my claims of the stock portrait having a good sculpt based on the pics i provided. I haven't kept up with the painters follow up work. But even still, others that have attempted to repaint the stock headsculpt (some more successful than others) did a better job than TZ's factory. even if other custom paint jobs haven't reached the level in the pics...it showed the sculpt was there. Of course we can agree to disagree. In any event, the new portrait is excellent and provides an excellent base for future customs. That we can agree on.

I agree with this. I studied Kit Harington facial structures and likeness, and 3z stock sculpt is nowhere near, especially the eyes and nose. That's why even a good painter like Owen can't even make it good twice. Because the base sculpt is not good, and he did kinda like make up.

Maybe some of you knew, I did a custom work on Jon Snow boots and gloves. The stock really is oversized

Jon 1.jpg
Detail Boots 3.jpg
Detail Gloves.jpg
3569d0cff4e8e5f6f2d9e0d76ea1825a.jpg

Pictures with the figure are from the buyers of my work

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to take anything away from the (...eleven? Nut Piz?) new headsculpt. It's why I did NOT hesitate to get it haha. I'm just basing my claims of the stock portrait having a good sculpt based on the pics i provided. I haven't kept up with the painters follow up work. But even still, others that have attempted to repaint the stock headsculpt (some more successful than others) did a better job than TZ's factory. even if other custom paint jobs haven't reached the level in the pics...it showed the sculpt was there. Of course we can agree to disagree. In any event, the new portrait is excellent and provides an excellent base for future customs. That we can agree on.

Stock head sucks

It’s way better than the threezero for sure. Wondering if a repaint would bring Out more likeness. Makes me a bit sad they went for a mass released head with no mass released outfit to pair it with as a long hair sculpt to pop right on top of your old threezero figure right in time for the s8 premier would be a very good feeling.

Regardless I’m very happy to see the head finally released
It's better in hand, too. I'm using my cap phone to take pics at the moment. But I think this sculpt in the right persons hands could really knock this out of the park.

Also, judging by last night's episode. You could have a passable S8 E1 Jon if you plop this sculpt along with the sword belt on Ned Starks body. There's scenes where he's not wearing that neck plate and segmented coat of plates.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I agree with this. I studied Kit Harington facial structures and likeness, and 3z stock sculpt is nowhere near, especially the eyes and nose. That's why even a good painter like Owen can't even make it good twice. Because the base sculpt is not good, and he did kinda like make up.

Maybe some of you knew, I did a custom work on Jon Snow boots and gloves. The stock really is oversized

View attachment 450482
View attachment 450483
View attachment 450484
View attachment 450485

Pictures with the figure are from the buyers of my work

Are you gonna offer another run of the gloves and boots?

Be nice if they re-issued the new sculpt without the scars and with Night's Watch era hair. I'd buy another one, even at sixty quid, for that.

Be even nicer to get a similar quality replacement for the Daenerys figure.

Be nice if they re-issued the new sculpt without the scars and with Night's Watch era hair. I'd buy another one, even at sixty quid, for that.

Be even nicer to get a similar quality replacement for the Daenerys figure.

Mmmh... If only Nut Pizs had teased a Daenerys sculpt, we could dream, right? :D
27788876_336566190196083_3589332643237938632_o.jpg

Back