Threezero Game of Thrones - 1/6 Jon Snow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a post in this thread that shows all the custom heads available? In fact it would be good to start a thread with all GOT custom heads listed for reference (because the heads are such crap on these figures- which is sort of a unique problem these days in this hobby as most figures come with decent sculpts, so a list of customs available would be quite useful).

Sean

Hi Sean. What you're mainly seeing is Vimal's work as far as sculpt. He has a bald version for rooted hair and a sculpted hair version. His castor also provides a translucent skin texture, which is great for photographic realism, if that's what you're going for. What varies entirely are the paint jobs and hair rooting. THAT'S where your figure becomes truly unique. And unless you do it yourself, it's also where most of the cost comes into play ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There have also been some amazing retooling and repainting of the stock head (see Owen's work). I think Rocco also had a sculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got me one at retail price this very week!:yess:

Funny. From the front, I'd say the likeness is so so, but from 3/4, it's just spot on. Nothing as good as those customs of course...

As someone else who's debating on getting one and cringing at the prices they go for online, can I ask where you got one for retail?

Nice try but I won't be fooled, that's a photo from the show! :lol

Jokes aside good job, that's got to be the best Jon Snow figure I've seen! :clap Most custom heads tend to look more human however they fail horribly at capturing the actor's likeness.

Thank you, sir! That's Vimal's sculpt and Mike's (Hydeous') paint job and hair rooting. Out of my nicer figures, it's probably my favorite custom portrait. I'm looking forward to Vimal's King of the North Jon Snow coming to us shortly...

Thank you, sir! That's Vimal's sculpt and Mike's (Hydeous') paint job and hair rooting. Out of my nicer figures, it's probably my favorite custom portrait. I'm looking forward to Vimal's King of the North Jon Snow coming to us shortly...

I'm jumping on the Hydeous bandwagon, that custom looks so amazing. I didn't mind my Snow to much until I saw that one. Great shot.

Glad to hear it! Hydeous comes highly recommended, guys. Not only does he have mad skills, he's also incredibly professional and doesn't fart around. I honestly can't say that about half of the artists I've worked with (unless somebody else brokers their deals). With Mike, you get the full package.

Glad to hear it! Hydeous comes highly recommended, guys. Not only does he have mad skills, he's also incredibly professional and doesn't fart around. I honestly can't say that about half of the artists I've worked with (unless somebody else brokers their deals). With Mike, you get the full package.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, bud :rock

Is there a link to that thread? I'd like to check it out and possibly buy.

You can order the head from vimal and PM me for modding it. I can do season 7 look as well if anyone wants to.

95% done:

C4857B1D-727E-40FC-8A17-0C9BA0E8750D.jpeg

Lol... yeah, doesn't make the ThreeZero head seem so worthless anymore ;)

I will say that the Jon's stock sculpt still isn't the greatest. But a great repaint and hairing makes one hell of a difference. I know Owen did one a while back. But, honestly, I like your version better!

Back