Threezero 1/6 White Walker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a funny feeling that this figure has been in development for quite some time... that they were going to originally go with the more primitive look but, after the Hardhome episode decided to add the clothing as an afterthought.

The reason I say this is he looks more natural shirtless... he looks a bit chunky with the clothes.

Still, a first day order for me.

I think you're right on the money. A White Walker was part of the original 7 figures that was said to be in development waaaay back when this line was first announced. Season 2 was already out and then they were going for that look, then, as you said, Hardhome happened. They just added the armor. This also explains why they went with this and not the Night King.

On a positive note, I actually have higher hopes for this figure than most other figures in this line. No human likeness of paint to deal with. They did pretty good with the Michonne zombies. I don't really have high hopes for Arya. It'll be more of these same there. Midling likeness, so-so paint, crap hair, scale will be weird, great clothes.lol

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Ordered the normal version. Can’t justify the spend to get both versions. If they had included a second head sculpt with the deluxe version I definitely would have picked up 2.

Still annoyed by the choice of hairstyle, can easily ignore it with the regular version but it's too noticeable with the deluxe/earlier look. Hope threezero tweaks it.

Unless the hand/feet/head connections are problematic, I'm thinking a quick cast of the headsculpt should be able to net 2 whole figures by just bodyswapping the clothed version to a cheapie generic body. If that's the case, I'll be grateful they didn't do rooted hair even though I agree it would look better.

seems like crap detail/paint on a $200 figure, part of paying these prices is to have amazing detail, life like, this doesn't seem like it. You can look past that when they are $130-$150 like their early figures, but at $200 you expect close to HT quality.

really disappointing with last 2 releases (value of them at least, had they been 20% less I would be okay with the quality). Maybe this is the price point they need to justify keeping the line going.

probably will still order through BBTS but thinking $10 for a skirt and bare feet isn't worth it considering the bare chest looks like crap.

and one more thing in my little rant here, I agree this should have had rooted hair (normally I like all figures sculpted but this one has so little rooted would be better). In fact they should have reversed the last two releases, Arya needs slick back sculpted hair and this needs rooted.

I'm actually really surprised to see so many joints on this guy. On the limbs and the torso. Considering they tend to like sculpted vinyl on the arms (even for the male characters. And they did sculpted vinyl torsos for Michonne's Pets. A little disappointing for me.

Sleazebag haircut aside it looks pretty awesome, hope this guy has the same type of body they used for The Hound, the clicking joints are quite nice.

Uh, you know he has an exclusive new body, right? Under the clothes he has a grey, tattered, White Walker body, so you can use the extras coming with the exclusive as seen in promo pics.

You don't say? :lol

Body/bones/skeleton whatever. Just because the exterior is different or special doesn't mean it can't reuse the same basic framework for this new toy, which I hope they do. The Hound's body feels way more solid and better quality than Ned's for example and I believe it's also the same body 3A used for their Halo line a few years back which by the way were awesome.

You don't say? :lol

Body/bones/skeleton whatever. Just because the exterior is different or special doesn't mean it can't reuse the same basic framework for this new toy, which I hope they do. The Hound's body feels way more solid and better quality than Ned's for example and I believe it's also the same body 3A used for their Halo line a few years back which by the way were awesome.

Makes sense. I got Ned and the Hound, but didn't notice the difference on their body builds. Anyway, of course, I hope the quality is as good as possible.

These guys in china get previews of figures months in advance guessing thats a prototype, looks pretty decent.

Back