ThreeA to make 1/6 marvel figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a lot of people love 3A but personally i cant stand the style and think it looks ****. That said i hope they do look a lot different to his usual stuff and something pings my interest.

Shall be good, comic Marvel stylised to look gritty.
Yeah, gritty plus heads that look like weird monkey men:

OddjdPs.jpg

or babies:

hd8LqlM.jpg

Just the way Stan, Jack, Steve, etc. intended

I was excited til I saw reimagined.

**** sake.

pretty much.
im not the worlds biggest ThreeA fan to begin with, but ill keep an open mind until i actually see them.

for right now though...interest is literally zero for these

I'm really excited to see these!
Great to hear Dr Doom, Wolverine, and Iron Man mentioned up front.
I was going to buy the Captain Action IM and see what could be done from that, now I think I'll wait and see what Ashley comes up with.
I just hope these won't be too stylized.

Amazing news, threea makes nothing but gold, can't wait to see wolverine Ash's style.

Can't believe 3A has detractors, to each his own I guess, their production quality is top notch, they're supposed to look like "dragged thorugh dirt" cause most characters live in a permanent war world, the sculpts have 10 times more personality than any HT figure ever made IMO, they're original unlike most things out there, but that's just me, although the face sculpts were kind of an acquired taste for me I've gotta be honest, but now that I've learned to like them, I can't get enough of it, Ash's style on marvel characters in nothing but great news, I'm sure you already know Ash has worked with marvel before in pencil and ink.

2ikp9g5.jpg

Ash's work is very versatile, it's not all WWR and Zombies.

Last edited:
Agreed. A fresh take should always be welcome! If its not your style then it's all good, but trashing the idea before any photos are released is premature in my mind.

If you want more of the same, stick with Hasbro or HT. at least this will be a new direction.

That being said, I think Ashley Wood crapped the bed with his Zaku "reimagining". I get what he was going for, but for me, it fell flat on execution.

I like the idea of marvel comic 1/6 figures but not into ashly woods stylising of them, I don't want my figures to look like a 10 year old carved them outta wood and dragged them though the dirt:(

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I just want a big Juggernaut and a nice size Hulk.

Agreed! If anybody wants more of a literal translation of Marvel characters, there's a million other avenues to be explored, whether it be normal figures at TRU, or bigger scale from Hot Toys.
I'm personally anxious to see what comes up.

Agreed with Uncle and Rageous.

Plus, someone mentioned something about not liking "cartoonish crap"... wtf man? :lol we're talking about comic books here, some representations of the marvel characters if not most are the epitome of cartoonish.

The "realistic" ones from recent movies are in fact reimaginings, and very pale boring ones if you ask me.

Last edited:
Back