ThreeA - REAL STEEL - Atom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason i'm really warming to wanting Metro, he's like a Franken-robot

I like him a lot too. He is a very colorful and intricate design. Given 3A's style, he would actually be most suited for them so I am rather confident we will be seeing him. I'm just worried they won't do my favorite, Twin Cities.

He's the main robot, but also the most boring looking one. I wish Noisy Boy had been the main robot overall, but then I suppose the underdog theme wouldn't have worked quite as well.

I like the raw look of Atom just like the MK I of Iron Man. I can't wait to order him to be honest.

I'm still waiting for Sideshow to put Midas up for order.

No love for Atom? But he, it, was the star of the movie? Zeus will be awesome too!

Pretty much what Monger said. Noisy Boy and Midas were probably my two most favorite designs. But despite putting Atom towards the bottom of my want list, I'd still probably get him.

Pretty much what Monger said. Noisy Boy and Midas were probably my two most favorite designs. But despite putting Atom towards the bottom of my want list, I'd still probably get him.

I can understand that. He was rather dull in design compared to the others. But that's what added to his persona as the underdog which is also why I further taken a liking to him too.

I agree with Teddy, the only one I need (I think). Glad I didn't buy those cheap ones that were at retail. Need a Hugh Jackman figure w/ controller to go with him.

I agree with Teddy, the only one I need (I think). Glad I didn't buy those cheap ones that were at retail. Need a Hugh Jackman figure w/ controller to go with him.

If all else fails, maybe you could customize a HT Wolverine?

Atom and Zeus would be the only ones I'd be interested in getting. the others look great no doubt. but Atom was awesome. the kid was just a little annoying.
If all else fails, maybe you could customize a HT Wolverine?

or grab the Headplay Hugh Jackman sculpt. I have on that i'm going to turn into a replacement head for the new X3 wolverine. It's a great likeness to Hugh IMO.

when i saw the film i thought noisy boy is familiar(basically gigantor with samurai dome). familiar in design n cliched in concept. a samurai bot with big bold kanji? sounds like something a high schooler would thought up.

but i thought atom has lame design in the film as well. until i saw that threeA proto. just look at the detailing on the legs alone. in film, atom moves a lot/or the camera moves a lot, so you cant truly appreciate details like that. but here in toy form it's really amazing.

so, i dont know... didnt care about ambush's design in the film, but the toy made me go ga-ga(the pistons and the rusted metal look sold it for me). midas is sleeker in design, but... i dont know, i'm partial to more pistons. zeus will be too shiny for my taste, and i dont care about its gorilla look.

so for now, it's a toss up between ambush, midas, and atom. i need to pick only one and it's a real toughie.

you're a better man if you can decide so easily:
https://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-190508-1-1.html
https://radtoyreview.com/2012/09/13/review-3a-real-steel-ambush/

This just got posted to the ThreeA blog...

new.jpg

Wow.

Wow indeed. Not a fan of the film, or the designs tbh, but that it some impressive work, it actually looks like metal.

Back