Thoughts on niche 1/6 figure possibilities

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tathataboy

Freaked Out
Reaction score
South of Kansas City, on the Kansas side.
So I read through some of the comments on the Steve Jobs 1/6 figure, and it got me to thinking...

I love macabre stuff and historical stuff. I see all these really cool figures coming out, licensed stuff, based on movies. However, what about figures based on:

1. Classic horror writers- Poe, Shelley, Stoker, Lovecraft...

2. Classic horror characters as depicted in their books (period costuming, etc), non-movie versions of Ichabod Crane, Dr. Frankenstein, Van Helsing, Scrooge, Faust, Roderick & Madeline Usher (from "The House of Usher")...

3. Real killers of the past- HH Holmes, Lizzie Borden, the Bender family, Elizabeth Bathory, Jack the Ripper, Ed Gein (Ed is probably as "modern" as I'd get), John Wilkes Booth....

Your thoughts, o esteemed fellow enthusiasts?

i would buy mad max or road warrior figures......:lecture

I'd buy a Lovecraft Figure, though I'm not sure many would.

Yeah, it's definitely "niche" appeal. However, in the long-tail market, that niche appeal might cover a thousand-figure order. I have enough respect for the folks on this board to use the applicable responses as a finger-in-water regarding interest in these kind of figures.

BTW- I'm currently working on a kitbash of Mad Max/Road Warrior using a hero heads head (https://www.h2creative.com/HHOF.pdf). My skills suck, but I enjoy it. :)

Soooooo...I'll take this as a "not interested" in the characters I listed. Gotcha.

personally i wouldn't be...........but i'm interested in seeing your max.......check out this thread & post some wips & pics.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22299&highlight=road+warrior

that thread needs bumping anyway.............:lol

How about something more along these lines?

tumblr_lbxr2mceyq1qa01u8o1_500.jpg

manwholaughs.jpg

manwholaughs.jpg

Back