Thoughts on Hot Toys batman display?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottrb83

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and have been collecting primarily Batman Hot Toys. More specifically from the Nolan movies as they are among my most favorite films to date. I currently have both a Batman Begins Batman, Joker 2.0, Dark Knight Rises Batman DX12, and my favorite the 1/6 Tumbler. I currently have these displayed on a book shelf and the tumbler is sitting in storage as it's just to massive to really stick anywhere decent. I'm looking for a proper way to display these items. I've been into scale model building and feel comfortable with an airbrush and building displays from scratch.

That brings me here and in need of assistance from you guys. I've already decided to build a walnut shadow box interrogation scene with the joker and batman DX12 behind him. However the tumbler is a bit harder. I'm also looking to build a wooden case for the display/diorama and prehapes use it as a TV stand or some sort of coffee table, having some sort of functionality to it would be nice...willing to take other creative suggestions.

Here are the scenes from the movies I'm considering.

I first feel in love with the tumbler during it's first scene jumping the roof tops, thought this might be cool and haven't seen anybody do this yet.

CVvWfP9.jpg

My other favorite scene with the tumbler is from the beginning of the dark knight and I think shows off what a beast it is. Also I feel like I could integrate the 1/6 Batman Begins Suit since it made an appearance at this point in the film.

feature_00038_the_tumbler_from_batman_begins-440x252.jpeg

My other thoughts were the underground bunker which I have seen other users post, plus would give me a reason to buy the new armory. Or I was going to do just some random alley, nothing so much with the films but thought it might look cool with some joker/harvey dent posters on a brick building and perhaps a Crime Alley sign posted someplace. What are you thoughts and any advice on building displays or dioramas. This will be ultimate project.

Thanks!

I would love to see a roof top scene.... one of my favs as well... but the alley scene may be cool if you wanted to showcase any of the figures.... maybe joker and Bats getting out of the tumbler....

I would go for rooftop as well

dont forget to post step by step instructions, you know, since I want to know how and maybe get the idea from you? (if allowed), thanks

i would go for the rooftop too. i have never seen it done and I'm sure would display the tumbler great. the bunker dio's are good for displaying the figures and the tumbler but very static, the rooftop and the wall crashing scene would make terrific action diorama's.
second pick would be crime alley. kind of cross the nolan universe with the comic universe, great for displaying the figures too.

Back