Thoughts on Dyeing a Uniform

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, got two sets of the HRT Uniform yesterday! I wish they could keep these things the same! Different Material, No Armor Pads on the Elbows..............Uggghhhhh! I hope they bleach out and dye nicely! I have one more on the way. I am going to use these three HRT's for Zap, Steeler and Stalker. After these are dyed I will dye my one FBI 2.0 darker to match the other. Now trying to find more of the FBI 2.0 Uni's!

Well I finally got these in from Rattlesnake Toys. Plan to strip and dye these to the light OG for Zap, Stalker , and Steeler. I actually like the material and detail on these ones better than the FBI 2.0.
vuqusude.jpg

I have to applaud you guys that get these pro bodies to actually stand! They suck! I see as I get more involved in this I will be porting everyone over..........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Change of plans now that these are in the color remover! Lol! The material around around the knees is staying dark! Doh!

Actually it is the material around the knee that will not strip of color. Unfortunately headed to work today but will get pics later.

Synthetic material did you in. The only way to fix this is to replace the knee material with something the correct color or something that will dye. It shouldn't be too difficult. Make sure the thread you use either matches what is there or is natural cotton so it will dye along with the fabric.

There's also painting the fabric the right color, but you'll get better results replacing it.

Synthetic material did you in. The only way to fix this is to replace the knee material with something the correct color or something that will dye. It shouldn't be too difficult. Make sure the thread you use either matches what is there or is natural cotton so it will dye along with the fabric.

There's also painting the fabric the right color, but you'll get better results replacing it.

Thanks! I may just leave it be. :wink1:

Or paint it. I really do not want to replace material at this point. :monkey4

yep, common problem. planning on having them wear knee pads? might not look to bad... have to see how it looks once you have dyed them.
nobody uses cotton thread... thats screwed me over before.

No, I mean knee pads over the top, like the ones on the troopers... that would pretty much hide the bits that wont color!

I guess I should have just gone with the Vietnam Uniforms. I know that the Original 82 Figs don't have the Kneepads/Elbow Pads and removing them will leave Glue Residue that will not Dye. Unless you think the Residue can be removed with Goo Gone or something?

'Bout ready to give up!

I thought where he was going was a cool modern day take on the green shirts. I hope he is able to remove the residue. I would like to see the results.

Thanks SFO! I appreciate the positive reinforcement! I didn't think the knee pads were a deal breaker but am going to try to remove them from one set of the HRT's I just stripped and see how it goes. Worst case I glue them back on! I was definitely inspired by your work, EF's, Mando, KD, Ski, Scifi and a few others. I am just trying to carve my own niche and create some bad a$$ joe's!

Plus, I think if I create a kick a$$ Greenshirt pads or no pads EF will come around! I know that he is an OCD purist and I still love him! Lol! His Greenshirts are what got me hooked!

Not going to mess with it too much but started peeling back a knee pad after band practice tonight and glue is the least of my worries! There is a gaping hole on the material of the knee underneath. I guess I could rip it out and add a new piece of material (???).

Back