Thoughts on Dyeing a Uniform

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since this is where this started I figured I should post here as well. :exactly:

As promised here are Pics of the Soldier Story FBI 2.0 Uniforms that I stripped with RIT Color Remover and re-dyed with a Dylon Olive Green. I haven't decided if a dip back in the Olive is necessary or go straight to the Dark Green from here (???). These will be used for Grunt and Breaker.

Well, I kept one of these Uni's "as is" for my Zap down the road and darkened the other up! I am now worried I went too dark but will see when I get home tonight as it will be 100% dry. I will also post pics later as well. I need to get more of these on order! :slap :)

Well? Thoughts on the Darker Uni???

DSC04115.jpg

DSC04116.jpg

That's perfect Olive Drab Fuzzhead, great job!
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

I wish I had a couple of suits like that for Greenshirts.

These are Very Hot suits right?

Colors look good.

Thanks EF! I was wanting to do a test piece but these days have limited time for Toy Stuff, at least until the House Renovations are done, so I just went for it. I thought it turned out o.k. so glad to hear I was right. I need to get more of these Uni's since it seems that this is the direction my greenshirts will take. :)

That's perfect Olive Drab Fuzzhead, great job!
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

I wish I had a couple of suits like that for Greenshirts.

These are Very Hot suits right?

Thanks! These are my first Strip an Dye attempts so I appreciate the compliments!

Yes, these are the Very Hot FBI 2.0 Uniforms that were OD and Beige/Brown. I stripped them of Color first with the RIT Color Remover and then dyed both with a Dylon Olive Green. For the darker color I added RIT Dark Green Liquid to the Olive Green Dye Bath and voila!

C.

Now I just have to finish dyeing the Pouches for my Wild Weasel to match the Uniform EF! LOL! This will prove to be a test! :exactly::gah::yess:

Do like it did and buy all the uniform sets you will need and dye them all at once, that way they match.

My 'Fuze is slightly different than the other gray/green and drives my OCD nuts.

Do like it did and buy all the uniform sets you will need and dye them all at once, that way they match.

My 'Fuze is slightly different than the other gray/green and drives my OCD nuts.

Yeah, I should have! How long can a Dye Bath last in the right conditions? LOL! I was not sure how I would like these Uni's and as well how addicted I would become after finding this place. :):hi5:

Looking at Ebay the Uniforms with the Dark Green Pads are not available, only the HRT with the Lighter Green Pads. Oh well. Next purchase will hopefully cover all of my Greenshirts.

Back