Thor: Ragnarok (November 3rd, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loki is the trickster after all, the God of Mischief... Although in true Norse Mythology he was never actually seen as an evil God. And Thor buys into his foolery every time. Even Loki makes fun of him with what he is able to get away with. Loki just thinks he's a muscle bound buffoon, but will never actually admit he's jealous of him. In the movies, and comics. Thor still believes one day Loki will see the error of his ways and be his buddy again and they can take down baddies together as brothers like when they were growing up...

Not sure if this is the right place to type this but frak me Chris Hemsworth autograph at Supanova Sydney is $200aud and his photo is $210aud.

He's $200 for the autograph and $200 for the photo op when he does then in the states

That's what I always thought. The actor gets the appearance fee that they charge and the convention sets the price on the customers.

not in good old lou ferrigno's case :lol

lou in particularly is getting a poor reputation with organisers and fans in the uk

seems the guy is rightly or wrongly ****ed off at folks getting rich on his signature ,at the recent wales comic con in wrexham ,he was hustling a dealer i know who was conducting a private signing with darth vader himself dave prowse , into doing a private signing with him ,lou failed to accept that the demand wasn't there comparative with darth and took the hump when the dealer pointed it out and declined the offer of a private session with lou ,but lou saw the £5000 change hands and the bitterness set in i guess

for the rest of the day ,in spite of being advertized as £30 per signature on his booth ,lou played appraiser of the potential value of the items he was going to sign ,8x 10 pictures £30, anything else well that was up to lou :thud:

a pal of mine took a hulk statue to be signed and when lou saw it was signed by stan lee he said he wanted £100 to sign it as it would be"worth a fortune when stan dies "

which may or not be true ,but well not nice to say or think when folks have come out lugged sometimes heavy and fragile stuff and are willing to pay you for a signature on it to have the price jacked up like that whatever the justification ,

not sure if this was the start of lous new price structure but i believe its now standard practice for him ,much to the dismay of event organisers :slap

Loki is the trickster after all, the God of Mischief... Although in true Norse Mythology he was never actually seen as an evil God.

Actually, Loki is the god of fire in Norse mythology, his mischief and trickery is just his personality, and it definitely wasn't as prominent in mythology as it is in the MCU.

not in good old lou ferrigno's case :lol

lou in particularly is getting a poor reputation with organisers and fans in the uk
.....a pal of mine took a hulk statue to be signed and when lou saw it was signed by stan lee he said he wanted £100 to sign it as it would be"worth a fortune when stan dies "

which may or not be true ,but well not nice to say or think when folks have come out lugged sometimes heavy and fragile stuff and are willing to pay you for a signature on it to have the price jacked up like that whatever the justification ,

not sure if this was the start of lous new price structure but i believe its now standard practice for him ,much to the dismay of event organisers :slap

Well, *bleep* him IMO. Yeah, stuff might be "worth" something but what difference does it make if you're not selling, but just a collector who wanted just a bit more of that connection? And who knows how much collectibles will be worth, a year, 5 years, 10 years from now?

Actually, Loki is the god of fire in Norse mythology, his mischief and trickery is just his personality, and it definitely wasn't as prominent in mythology as it is in the MCU.

Yes, he is also referred to at times as the God of Fire, but much less so in any mythological lore than being the God of Mischief... I actually took a Mythology class back in College, a State University, as an elective. Maybe my text book, the cliff notes handbook I purchased and still own somewhere and professor were wrong? Where do you get your information? Would like to know if I'm correct or not. It's funny as a lot of websites have comments with people arguing over Loki and his true origins.....

LOKI FACTS AND FIGURES
Name : LOKI
Alternative names : LOKE, LODER, LOKKJU, LOPTER, LOPTI, LOKI-LAUFEYJARSON
Type : deity
In charge of : Mayhem
God of : Trickster, Mischief, Mayhem
Celebration or Feast Day : Unknown at present
Good/Evil Rating : OKAY, not bad

From : https://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/norse-mythology.php?deity=LOKI

Many websites have similar info, many more so than mention him as the God of Fire.

Wikipedia has him listed as both.. https://mythology.wikia.com/wiki/Loki

https://io9.gizmodo.com/8-things-marvel-got-wrong-about-thor-and-norse-mytholog-1458989921

After watching that youtube vid and the Ragnarok trailer, it still urks me seeing Hela destroy Mjolnir, an object that's nearly indestructible and one of the most powerful weapons in the Marvel Universe. Being a big Thor fan and after what Marvel did in the comics, it's a real turn off for me. Hopefully there's a good explanation. Since it was rumored that

Spoiler Spoiler:
I've long given up on MCU Thor, he's my favorite Marvel character and he cannot catch a break.

At least he'll go back to normal in the comics in a while.

looks like thors got another "friend from work " dropping in :slap:lol

1ruews.gif

Back