Thor PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad I got this ordered, I wonder what's next? :chew

I honestly think the days of the Marvel grails is over. It's become a very popular line and exclusives barely hold their value any more.

???

I don't know what you mean ??

Cap ex sells for $400+

Spidey sells for the same

Thing just came out . . give it a chance . . . Which ones are you talking about ??

???

I don't know what you mean ??

Cap ex sells for $400+

Spidey sells for the same

Thing just came out . . give it a chance . . . Which ones are you talking about ??

Spidey's been out for how long now? I wouldn't call $400 too much of an increase for Cap. Once you consider shipping and everything, it's barely breaking even. His ES is quite large. I am a bit surprised to see the regular Hulk going for what it's going for at this point.

I mainly mean that many flippers jump on any Marvel piece that is announced and make it a quick sell out and then flood the secondary market. The AH line is a great example. All 3 exclusives have the same ES yet the value of each is about $50 cheaper per release.

I was talking about when you said that the exclusives "barely hold their value" and that statement didn't make sense to me . . .

All the exclusive PF's and Dios sell at or, most of the time, above retail . . .

Cap ex should have been about $300 shipped new . . . so a Value of $400 is pretty damn good . . .

Again just talking about "Holding Value" not flipability . . .

I was talking about when you said that the exclusives "barely hold their value" and that statement didn't make sense to me . . .

All the exclusive PF's and Dios sell at or, most of the time, above retail . . .

Cap ex should have been about $300 shipped new . . . so a Value of $400 is pretty damn good . . .

Again just talking about "Holding Value" not flipability . . .

Fair enough. I knew what you meant.

It just seemed that at some point last year a lot of people started jumping into this line to only make money. At the same time we saw ES's rise. A lot of people were hoping that every exclusive would take off like some of the earlier grails but so far only SIM has really shown that kind of popularity.

I wonder if the SIM or IM will come down in price once the hype of the movie dies a bit, should I chance it and wait it out?

The short answer is no. SIM has had so many issues that the numbers that are actually in circulation is unknown, eBay sellers have picked up on that and are looking for that kind cash. The standard IM hasn't gone down in price in forever and is reaching the $1000 mark without hesitation.

I would not be interested in the SIM (Luckily) I am interested in the regular version. Is it the exclusive of the regular that is high? How much for the regular regular version? Also maybe if Sideshow released a movie PF (possible) that might help take the wind out of the sails a bit and lower the price, I'm hoping the same for the Green Hulk. The Grey hulk is understandable why it's so high but why the Green Hulk? 1000 is a large ES, is it the movie as well that's pushing it up more?

Fair enough. I knew what you meant.

It just seemed that at some point last year a lot of people started jumping into this line to only make money. At the same time we saw ES's rise. A lot of people were hoping that every exclusive would take off like some of the earlier grails but so far only SIM has really shown that kind of popularity.

It's all cool . . . :cool:

I agree it will take something major to reach "Grail" status (a word thrown around a little too lightly lately) but I have noticed that a lot of the PF's are starting to dry up . . .

Green hulk finally is living up to expectations and more people are getting into the hobby which can only help . . .

Looking at some of the prices for bowen items on the secondary market on items with twice the ES . . . I see great potential for all these PF & VS statues . . .

Exclusive is about $900, Regular is about $750 for IM if you can find one.

The Hulk is that price because without a doubt its one of the best PFs to come out of this license. Its second right under Doom.

If SSC released a film inspired Comiquette in 1/4 scale it wouldn't have an effect on the original piece because the armor and design are drastically different. All it would do is get people to stop hunting the original. The prices have risen on the original and will stay that way until SSC releases a comic version again. I don't see them going to the Granov stying again for a long time, if they do go back again it'll be Silver Age.

Thanks Mike for the info, I got to see HULK in person just recently and I agree he is the best out of the bunch, very impressive in person.

I wonder if the SIM or IM will come down in price once the hype of the movie dies a bit, should I chance it and wait it out?

That's what I'm hoping for. I'd be willing to pay $750, but anymore than that and I can do without. Only time will tell.

So far, time has only seen an increase in price. Marvel will always be popular, it's a continuing line, where as LOTR seems to be dimming with the movies getting older and older; Hobbit may help. SW sustains on a life of it's own.

Fools this is the God of Thunder's thread!!! Not something about a human in a tin suit!!!! :monkey1

Fools this is the God of Thunder's thread!!! Not something about a human in a tin suit!!!! :monkey1

Especially not some man in a tin suit who would be foolish enough to think he, himself a mere mortal, can create a clone of The God of Thunder, Thor Odinson!

the statue is awesome !!!!!!!!!! congrats to sideshow and martin canale , if i had the money , i buy it , really believe that is fat ???????? JESUSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! les that like a character with waist of women ??? !!!!!!!!! i don't believe this !!!! the body is great .................and if your get the exclusive edition also have to zakk wylde !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeahhhhhhhhhhh :chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

the statue is awesome !!!!!!!!!! congrats to sideshow and martin canale , if i had the money , i buy it , really believe that is fat ???????? JESUSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! les that like a character with waist of women ??? !!!!!!!!! i don't believe this !!!! the body is great .................and if your get the exclusive edition also have to zakk wylde !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeahhhhhhhhhhh :chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

I don't understand alot of this, but I like you sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back