Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about the gap between shoulder and arm? A friend just received his copy and it looks like a tetris, is that a flaw or was it designed like that?

What about the gap between shoulder and arm? A friend just received his copy and it looks like a tetris, is that a flaw or was it designed like that?

You have to be careful when you attached the left arm to the shoulder that you don't get any part of Thor's tunic caught, or the pieces don't fit well. I recommend attaching the arm before placing him on the base. It took a bit of fiddling, but if you get it right it looks pretty good...

D7B4DF03-6399-411D-A2C3-47F40D37EADE_zpst8fmfcdl.jpg

I think how the arm connects is done in the best way possible in terms of going with the square pattern. On mine you cants ee the seam unless you look directly at his armpit my tunic pulls over the top of the shoulder where the seam is. If the Arm seam is what deters you from getting this you are doing yourself a disservice

thorpf.jpg

Received mine today. This has an unbelievable presence. Beautiful sculpt and dynamic pose.

Unfortunately, the cape arrived with a small chip near the bottom beneath Thor's right leg. I've never dealt with Sideshow on returns/replacements. Hoping they can swap it out as I hope to keep this in my collection.

thorcape_sad.jpg

Great pics everyone! Mine is scheduled to arrive on Friday and will be my 1st PF. Pretty excited to finally have one of these great pieces.

OK, I received my Thor on Monday but didn't get a chance to unboxed him until today. Finished putting him together a few hours ago and he's perfect. The QC came out great on mine.

Gotta say, this piece turned out every bit as good as I hoped it would. The mixed media on this statue is ridiculously good. I'd say it's almost on par with Lobo. It really adds a lot to the piece. The sculpt itself is amazing. I love the dynamic pose and all the little details to the piece. I know the portrait is hit or miss with some peeps but I LOVE the realistic looking portrait. He looks every bit the warrior and not just a pretty boy. The only knock I'll give the PF is the EX feature. The sword will just stay in the box. No way I can display Thor without Mjolnir. Other than that small quibble, this is an incredibly impressive piece. All of you still waiting on this piece...you are in for a treat.

OK, I received my Thor on Monday but didn't get a chance to unboxed him until today. Finished putting him together a few hours ago and he's perfect. The QC came out great on mine.

Gotta say, this piece turned out every bit as good as I hoped it would. The mixed media on this statue is ridiculously good. I'd say it's almost on par with Lobo. It really adds a lot to the piece. The sculpt itself is amazing. I love the dynamic pose and all the little details to the piece. I know the portrait is hit or miss with some peeps but I LOVE the realistic looking portrait. He looks every bit the warrior and not just a pretty boy. The only knock I'll give the PF is the EX feature. The sword will just stay in the box. No way I can display Thor without Mjolnir. Other than that small quibble, this is an incredibly impressive piece. All of you still waiting on this piece...you are in for a treat.
Congrats, sir, he is one of my favorite pieces if last year.

Congrats, sir, he is one of my favorite pieces if last year.

Thanks Josh. I have to say I'm really loving my last few PFs from SSC. Red Skull, Doom, Lobo, and now this Thor have all been hits for me personally. They turned out great and I'm very happy with all of them. If SSC would quit jacking up prices, I'd literally have nothing to complain about. :lol

Thanks Josh. I have to say I'm really loving my last few PFs from SSC. Red Skull, Doom, Lobo, and now this Thor have all been hits for me personally. They turned out great and I'm very happy with all of them. If SSC would quit jacking up prices, I'd literally have nothing to complain about. [emoji38]
Yep, the prices will eventually do me in as well. I may have shorten my list of wants just because of it. And I don't see myself ordering 6-8 per year like I have been.

Yep, the prices will eventually do me in as well. I may have shorten my list of wants just because of it. And I don't see myself ordering 6-8 per year like I have been.

I've been pretty lucky. In the old days I'd usually have no more than 3 PFs on PO per year. I only collected Marvel pieces and SSC's Marvel line was hit or miss for me so I never had POs piling up. All that changed after the DC license was announced. I already have 4 POs with SSC (Wolvie, Sabes, Darkseid, and Prime's Deathstroke) this year. I still have to PO Aquaman and Goblin and I have my sights aimed at the new GL as well as possibly picking up Dark Phoenix. I'm going to have to sell off some old pieces if I pick up all of the PFs I mentioned. I'll need the $$$ and space to make it work.

I've been pretty lucky. In the old days I'd usually have no more than 3 PFs on PO per year. I only collected Marvel pieces and SSC's Marvel line was hit or miss for me so I never had POs piling up. All that changed after the DC license was announced. I already have 4 POs with SSC (Wolvie, Sabes, Darkseid, and Prime's Deathstroke) this year. I still have to PO Aquaman and Goblin and I have my sights aimed at the new GL as well as possibly picking up Dark Phoenix. I'm going to have to sell off some old pieces if I pick up all of the PFs I mentioned. I'll need the $$$ and space to make it work.
Yep our lists for the year are pretty similar (mine are Spidey, Sabs, Wolvie, GL, Aquaman, Darkseid and Jason) but come this years POs I'll have to be very selective.

Received my Thor yesterday and wow, the size and presence of this piece cannot be accurately captured in photos. I'm blown away by how massive he is. This is also my first PF from SS that has no flaws whatsoever, so I hope it's true that SS is stepping up their QC game.

Reading those few gripes early on about the pose I thought would maybe stick in my head with this, but in hand he looks so freakin dynamic that I have to do a double take to make sure he's not actually moving:lol

The sculpted cape is a great surprise as well, since I usually prefer as much fabric and mixed media as SS can cram into these pieces, but there's tons of motion to it and they've done real well in making it look as though it's cloth.

So glad I jumped on the waitlist when I did!

Received my Thor yesterday and wow, the size and presence of this piece cannot be accurately captured in photos. I'm blown away by how massive he is.

I have both Thor PF's. The other looks like it dwarfs the current Thor on first glance. As well it should with the pose perched up so high and at full tretch. Then I did a head to toe measurement as well as width of the biceps thighs and torso's on each PF.

They are almost exactly the same. Same length. Same girth. Even the old Thor's abdominal area which many say looks too thick is only a tad thicker. It is almost like SS went back and did the dimensions on the old statue to make sure even though this one is crouching that it is still the same embodiment of their previous work.

Bravo.

I had wait listed this statue and just got it today. In all seriousness....THANK YOU to whoever returned this or to whosever credit card got denied!!! I wouldn't have this if not for you! Thank you so much! Oh my God...it's so ****ing AWESOME!!! The size, the pose, the sculpting, the paint job, the fabric...HOME RUN Sideshow!!! I'm in awe of this statue. I feel like each statue I get is my favorite, but this might knock my Captain America out of first place. If you're on the fence like I was, order this already. I don't see how anyone could be disappointed.

Back