Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me put it this way. Skaar is only 18 inches tall (to the top of his head), and about 23 inches wide from finger tip to finger tip. And keep in mind, that's with 1 arm stretched all the way out with a sword.

The hulk pf's will be bigger than Skaar (if you just imagine that top sword arm down by his side). That's a massive statue!

And I have no doubt this thor will be just as impressive. Without that huge bat cape and fortress of a solid 5+ inches added to that statue

Not tiny but not that big either. Yeh he has bent legs but at 20" with 3-4" of base he can't be that imposing a figure.
Thor should be huge like the original.

That I agree. I feel like this is an undersized thor. But that's because they chose to do it that way, not because he is under scaled right? If it was based on Straczynskis thor this would have been based on a 6'8 300lbs thor. That's what I want! Haha

Like this. Thor towers over them. 2871360-2831982-siege__4___page_26.jpg

It also looks SOOOOOOO much shorter because when SSC originally inputed the measurements into the size chart they put the EX and the Reg at the same height of 20" where as the Ex is actually 22" with the extra 2" of sword. So the Ex is VERY SHRUNK in that comparisson. Here is the proof.

b9cef1e91fcd94a9d5164557052dd0af_zps9aa742d8.jpg

Oh i can see that now. Thank you for pointing that out.

Not tiny but not that big either. Yeh he has bent legs but at 20" with 3-4" of base he can't be that imposing a figure.
Thor should be huge like the original.

The original Thor is as big as the Galactus maquette! I've always thought the original was way too big.

It's hard to tell, but I bet if you straightened this Thor's legs out, he'd be at least 20" tall without the base...that's like 6'8" at 1/4 scale. Doesn't look tiny at all to me.

The original Thor is as big as the Galactus maquette! I've always thought the original was way too big.

It's hard to tell, but I bet if you straightened this Thor's legs out, he'd be at least 20" tall without the base...that's like 6'8" at 1/4 scale. Doesn't look tiny at all to me.

That was my problem with the original Thor amazing piece but bit of a pain to display. I must admit I love your customised Thor Bmutha

That I agree. I feel like this is an undersized thor. But that's because they chose to do it that way, not because he is under scaled right? If it was based on Straczynskis thor this would have been based on a 6'8 300lbs thor. That's what I want! Haha

Like this. Thor towers over them. View attachment 102941

I very much like this pic, in general I like when artists try to match the actual heights of the characters, even of this pic is slightly off.

Thor 6'6"
Iron Man (in armor) 6'6"
Luke Cage 6'6"
Captain America 6'2"
Tony Stark (sans armor) 6'1"
Ms./Captain Marvel 5'11"
Spider-Man 5'10"
Bucky 5'9"
Wolverine 5'3"

Hopefully it's just Thor's pose on this PF that makes him look not large enough. As far as core Avengers, he should be larger than almost everybody else, 2nd to Hulk (but as a long time comic reader I still have a hard time considering Hulk a core Avenger though...).

I realize scale and statue height are 2 different things, but my only gripe with this statue is even if the scale is correct, he doesn't seem large enough purely due to the height of the statue. Regardless of being in scale, even if he is 100% 1/4, it just falls down to the perception the relatively shorter height gives. The taller Batman PF might look more imposing than this Thor. If this Thor PF's overall height was taller it could possibly give the perception this Thor is larger without actual enlarging the figure. Personally in my Avengers line up I'd like Thor to stand above the other members since he is larger, not blend in with their heights.

Lol... if you guys can't see a wide stance with bent legs makes somebody not quite as tall as if they stood straight then :slap. Same with the new Hulks who are wide stanced, bent legged and leaning forward almost 90 degrees. Oh noes!! he is only 20" tall.

Lol... if you guys can't see a wide stance with bent legs makes somebody not quite as tall as if they stood straight then :slap. Same with the new Hulks who are wide stanced, bent legged and leaning forward almost 90 degrees. Oh noes!! he is only 20" tall.

You'd think a bunch of nerds, dorks and geeks would be smarter eh? :lol

Yeah...I usually try to stay out of this kind of nit picking, but this whole "he isn't tall enough" discussion that's going on in these two threads is something I just don't quite understand.

Exactly you have to take the pose/design into consideration when looking at the measurements.

No one is as tall leaning as you are standing up to the height will be shorter but rest assured you will still see his overall size when the statue is in hand.

What's funny to me is that no one has even seen this guy in person yet and they are bashing the size...haha. Like savage said Skaar is only 18" and in person he is MASSIVE! Just chill out until SDCC.

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

What's funny to me is that no one has even seen this guy in person yet and they are bashing the size...haha. Like savage said Skaar is only 18" and in person he is MASSIVE! Just chill out until SDCC.

I wouldn't say it is so much bashing, as trying to figure out where the heck the price bump came from.

Fair enough. I myself am wairy of this price hike. I think SSC is out-stepping their range and there will be a breaking point soon enough if it hasn't happened already. I think we will find out the future of this today when Savage Opress gets released..A minor character, so the price 'should' be lower. Time will tell.

Fair enough. I myself am wairy of this price hike. I think SSC is out-stepping their range and there will be a breaking point soon enough if it hasn't happened already. I think we will find out the future of this today when Savage Opress gets released..A minor character, so the price 'should' be lower. Time will tell.

Yea I can see a boiling point coming where many people are going to be priced out of this hobby soon enough, which isn't good for the hobby as a whole nor SSCs business.

I think people are just trying to figure out how to justify the price tag.. I'm guessing it's based on overall dimensions, I know Indy was 24"x24" and costs $550, this one is 20"x20" and costs the same. Maybe seeing pictures of him next to other PF's might help people see his true size.

I think people are just trying to figure out how to justify the price tag.. I'm guessing it's based on overall dimensions, I know Indy was 24"x24" and costs $550, this one is 20"x20" and costs the same. Maybe seeing pictures of him next to other PF's might help people see his true size.

See, that's my thing. I get having a problem with pricing and stuff but when no one has actually 'seen' the product yet, these speculations are misfounded. I get talking about the piece all the same, because everyone will have an opinion.

Skaar was a sturdy 31 lbs and cost $380...the new Hulks at 18.5 lbs will be hollow and cost $550...even the new Thor only weighs 15 lbs.

To me weight is a non-issue as you can't showcase that in a display case well unless the shelf is bowing due to its weight :)

Really wish SS would stop making them so hollow.. I just dont feel like these new hollow statues will stand the test of time...

Back