Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't resist, it's a mix match of pictures from different places and different lighting but hey, it's close enough.

NewMarvelPFcompareSM3.jpg

I can't wait to get the Green Hulk and Pose him with the M. Thor, I think Posing them almost like I have them in the Picture would make for a killer set up. Now Just give me Iron Man and a Modern Cap and I'll be set to go.

The only other character I'd like is a new Black Panther, I had the PF and sold it a while back, it was a great looking piece but those are the only Avengers I really care about. A modern cap would be something to see in 1/4 scale. That would make a cool Avengers 2.0 display.

And Ghost Rider, if I can get that I could almost quit and be happy. :)

The only other character I'd like is a new Black Panther, I had the PF and sold it a while back, it was a great looking piece but those are the only Avengers I really care about. A modern cap would be something to see in 1/4 scale. That would make a cool Avengers 2.0 display.

And Ghost Rider, if I can get that I could almost quit and be happy. :)

Yep, GR is on my list too along with DD and Moon Knight. If I can get those three and a Cap and Iron Man my Marvel Heroes would be done.

No... He is saying that these statues are indulgences ... Not investments.

Oh I know. Haha. I just love them too much. Trust me, besides just hanging out on the forums and what not. I'm probably done after Cap and Hulk PF's. For a good while anyways...

:lol Done, You'll wait a bit...get that itch like all Polystone Junkies do and then BAM! Two more PO's

Most likely but once I get those 5 magical pieces I want. I gotta make all my custom displays for them. Then a home theater/man cave/office. Then... More statues probably. Haha

Oh I know. Haha. I just love them too much. Trust me, besides just hanging out on the forums and what not. I'm probably done after Cap and Hulk PF's. For a good while anyways...

Lol... Once your in... You are in .... Unless you can find another distraction... :wink1:...lol

:lol Done, You'll wait a bit...get that itch like all Polystone Junkies do and then BAM! Two more PO's

Lol... I don't know... I don't got the itch so much anymore...lol

My perfect line up will consist of Cap, Hulk,Thor, Ironman and a Spidey. If I could get all those in the style I want... I'll gladly get out of the game.... Most likely muahahaha :devil

But I want Spidey to be "swinging" and ironman to be hovering!

My perfect line up will consist of Cap, Hulk,Thor, Ironman and a Spidey. If I could get all those in the style I want... I'll gladly get out of the game.... Most likely muahahaha :devil

But I want Spidey to be "swinging" and ironman to be hovering!

Spoken like a true addict

Most likely but once I get those 5 magical pieces I want. I gotta make all my custom displays for them. Then a home theater/man cave/office. Then... More statues probably. Haha

That's what they all say hahaha

Yeah I what your saying. But I think the fact that all these statues are showing up at about 20 inches isn't a coincidence. I think they planned for these PFs to go together. And wanted width to be the main size determining factor when it comes to the character, and not the height of the statue. (So it will be easier to display them all together)

We know that's what makes the statues smaller inches wise, trust me. I have no complaints that the hulk statue is shorter than the cap statue because that hulk is pretty much curled up into a ball, and he is still going to look physically dominating displayed with all these guys. But what peedi was saying is that when the statue is taller in general (like bats and supes with their huge bases and fully stretched out bodies) the statue is more imposing in person. You know? Just because the DC statues or that G Hulk statues are taller, your eyes will automatically go to them first. Even though the Hulk pf is the exact same scale, and just hunched over, people can't help but be excited about that things height.

Yes savageHULK, that was all I was saying. I'm not sure why there was a height rant after my post, for me it was one minor take away and it seems the point was missed... I don't think anybody missed the fact that this statue is 20 inches due to Thor's pose, my post was purely about perception that statue height can give. It was just my gripe this statue isn't overall taller. Unlike many here I actually like the pose so I actually wouldn't change it! Much, anyway...some minor tweaks, but as soon as I saw this I wanted it.

Yeh, and that's the reason this won't make as an impressive display piece as say G Hulk.
It's the stance that makes him look smaller than other pieces...obviously!

This was my original sentiment. This Thor and Hulk will be the same height as Hawkeye. Now both characters are indeed both TALLER and LARGER than Hawkeye, their poses just don't make the overall statue height taller. My personal taste is for the larger characters to have statues that tower over the smaller characters, I just think it would look cooler that way. Much like how Apoc in his upright pose will tower over all the X-Men PFs... He's HUGE!!! His total statue height matches G Hulk but his base is also shorter. It all falls down to pose and/or base height.

Okay Boys and Girls, because some of you asked here a Real Size comparison between G.Hulk, Rulk, M. Thor and The Classic Punisher which I know is True 1/4 Scale because I measured him myself. The only Variable is we don't know if the measurements on the Sideshow site are 100% accurate.

Notice, that if you take the feathers off G.Hulk and Stand up Rulk, they are actually similar in size, also notice that M. Thor dwarfs the Classic Punisher as far as mass goes and if he was standing up straight he'd tower over him. Now like I said, these are only based on Sideshows measurements, so in hand these might be a bit different. I always say +/- an inch with Sideshow Measurements.

View attachment 103039

Nice to see how these match up, and thanks for this effort. I do think most understood that these characters are in scale, some just want the full size of the state to be taller. For example, you could uncurl Red Hulk more to make him taller, or if Red Hulk's base was elevated to the height that G Hulk's right foot is, it would make the Red Hulk statue's height taller without changing the actual figure.

But the increase in cost that raising the overall height due to a taller base would bring probably wouldn't make it worth it :slap

And as much as I want a plain ole basic Green Hulk, look what $50 more gets you! I probably won't own G Hulk, but geez that thing looks GREAT!!!

Back