Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol Go to their website and look at the prices on the Honeytrap line. There were people singing it's praises too, couldn't believe what I was seeing. :rotfl

That sh$t was ridiculous! I'm glad I got some suckerpunch stuff at a lower price. Those were actually really nice and good prices too. I had to pay a bit more for babydoll because I bought one of the limited Japanese run they did for us here in the US. Still, the new BW and Cap look really good....and one thing people like is prob that the sculpt everything. I like mixed media but sometimes it doesn't work.

That sh$t was ridiculous! I'm glad I got some suckerpunch stuff at a lower price. Those were actually really nice and good prices too. I had to pay a bit more for babydoll because I bought one of the limited Japanese run they did for us here in the US. Still, the new BW and Cap look really good....and one thing people like is prob that the sculpt everything. I like mixed media but sometimes it doesn't work.

Agreed, the Suckerpunch line was probably their best stuff to date and the prices were great, now if they could just land something I liked and kept the price that low, then we'd be talking. Too bad it looks like all their Marvel movie stuff looks to be priced over $400.

There's always XM Studios...

Oh, wait...You did say affordable?

I saw Cap A XM at the local distributor yesterday... I must say I am quiet impressed, full sculpted, paint was good, and heavy as hell. I guess it's a bonus for asian market, as they can have option of buying via SS (which if order the exc is very pricey due to tax and shipping) or XM. Competition is good =)

Honestly, this is where PCS could step up their game if they were a bit more organized. Looks like they just got a few new licenses but what really need is something huge like a Marvel Comics or one of the Big film frabchise licenses to get more attention. But, of course they probably won't

This exactly. I have a handful of PCS stuff and the quality is on par if not better in some circumstances then SS. Anyone who owns judge dredd can attest to the quality and paint of their stuff. The problem is they have been wildly successful with their SF and MK lines and have already introduced He Man and some other lines as well. The delays on these lines is already troubling. They don't have enough staff to take on a marvel or DC license right now. Eventually it will happen and when it does collectors will have a new quality venue to choose from

I like the overall statue, but the sword is just weird imo. I'm sure the hand will look great once in hand and as he gets into everyones collections this piece will be a homerun. Just not sure if I'm going to order this as I'm seriously looking at trimming down my collection and possibly getting out of this hobby. Just not happy with SSC continuous subpar QC and lack of customer service that I've seen with international customers.

I like the overall statue, but the sword is just weird imo. I'm sure the hand will look great once in hand and as he gets into everyones collections this piece will be a homerun. Just not sure if I'm going to order this as I'm seriously looking at trimming down my collection and possibly getting out of this hobby. Just not happy with SSC continuous subpar QC and lack of customer service that I've seen with international customers.

I agree... i feel like their QC is going down, past couple of pieces have had paint cracks or paint issues that i just deal with cause the replacements end up sorta the same /:

I agree... i feel like their QC is going down, past couple of pieces have had paint cracks or paint issues that i just deal with cause the replacements end up sorta the same /:

Yup, offer of $20-$40 discount on damage item for international collectors definitely errrrrr

How close can SS's scale approximation be to the real thing? I only have 1 PF to date and that is Joker. So i got all this comparison from each using the size chart found on SS. Does Thor "seem" be short because of the way his pose is positioned? No re-sizing done here. This is just a straight copy-paste of each chart size pasted side by side using the same scale used in the SS website.

Last edited:
How close can SS's scale approximation be to the real thing? I only have 1 PF to date and that is Joker. So i got all this comparison from each using the size chart found on SS. Does Thor "seem" be short because of the way his pose is positioned? No re-sizing done here. This is just a straight copy-paste of each chart size pasted side by side using the same scale used in the SS website.

I can tell you that it's off because with That Joker head(non-exclsuive) Batman is a good 2" larger than the Joker. It's the Exlusive head where the Brim of the Hat makes him 24". As for the New Hulk and Thor, I can probably scale them to size sometime this week if you want to see how big they are next to other PF's. It's still an estimation, mainly because Sideshow's sizes are hard ever exact.

:lol Go to their website and look at the prices on the Honeytrap line. There were people singing it's praises too, couldn't believe what I was seeing. :rotfl

The honeytrap line was a joke price wise. It wasn't even a licence was it but just a bunch of made up characters from GG there selves wasn't it?

I must admit I didn't see what the final products looked like but the protos looked great though

I can tell you that it's off because with That Joker head(non-exclsuive) Batman is a good 2" larger than the Joker. It's the Exlusive head where the Brim of the Hat makes him 24". As for the New Hulk and Thor, I can probably scale them to size sometime this week if you want to see how big they are next to other PF's. It's still an estimation, mainly because Sideshow's sizes are hard ever exact.

It also looks SOOOOOOO much shorter because when SSC originally inputed the measurements into the size chart they put the EX and the Reg at the same height of 20" where as the Ex is actually 22" with the extra 2" of sword. So the Ex is VERY SHRUNK in that comparisson. Here is the proof.

b9cef1e91fcd94a9d5164557052dd0af_zps9aa742d8.jpg

I know we haven't seen it, but just based of that picture of Red Hulk next to Hulk Maquette you can tell its wrong. Haha Let alone the mini thor. Haha

Not tiny but not that big either. Yeh he has bent legs but at 20" with 3-4" of base he can't be that imposing a figure.
Thor should be huge like the original.

Back