Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the EX Ragnorok blade works pretty well for what is going on in the Marvel universe right now. Thor, at this moment, cannot wield Mjolnir anymore. Instead it's a mysterious woman who is now worthy, identity to be revealed in time. I don't know what Thor will be doing, or if he will be wielding Ragnorok or any weapon at all. I like to think that at least, the EX piece can work with what's happening currently in the universe.

Also, I'm gonna do the Throg for 80$ combo discount. Thor accidentally helped make this little guy. It doesn't work well as a set, because I don't believe they ever had any interaction aside from the first, but it's niche and nice that the little guy has some recognition.... I take it back, they do battle right? Avengers v. Pet Avengers? Bah, it's starting to get convoluted, lol.

Also, I'm gonna do the Throg for 80$ combo discount. Thor accidentally helped make this little guy. It doesn't work well as a set, because I don't believe they ever had any interaction aside from the first, but it's niche and nice that the little guy has some recognition.... I take it back, they do battle right? Avengers v. Pet Avengers? Bah, it's starting to get convoluted, lol.

You can use COMICCON14 coupon today on Thor to save $20 and use next month's $20 coupon on Throg.

I think the EX Ragnorok blade works pretty well for what is going on in the Marvel universe right now. Thor, at this moment, cannot wield Mjolnir anymore. Instead it's a mysterious woman who is now worthy, identity to be revealed in time. I don't know what Thor will be doing, or if he will be wielding Ragnorok or any weapon at all. I like to think that at least, the EX piece can work with what's happening currently in the universe.

Yeah, while this gimmick is unfortunately true...I'm still not displaying Thor without Mjolnir. No way, no how. This female Thor is nothing more than a gimmick and will probably last as long as the female Loki did. She'll be forgotten soon enough. I'm still upset about this story line. The ONLY Marvel Now book I'm truly enjoying is Thor. I'll be dropping it as soon as the change is made.

Thor will be wielding the axe Jarnbjorn. Now that would have been a kickass EX.

And he wouldn't have had to hold it so damn awkwardly

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

LOL! Come on Jedi, first the off hand looks awkward and now your saying that the hammer looks that way too? I'm beyond happy with the way the PF turned out. I'll even go so far as to say it's a special looking piece. I simply can't wait for it to ship and add it to my collection.

LOL! Come on Jedi, first the off hand looks awkward and now your saying that the hammer looks that way too? I'm beyond happy with the way the PF turned out. I'll even go so far as to say it's a special looking piece. I simply can't wait for it to ship and add it to my collection.

No Lol not the hammer. Hammer looks sick. I mean the way he holds the sword straight up bro. I just wish they didn't make him hold it like that. I'm an EX guy, not a fan of regs to be honest so for me the EX itself wasn't the problem its the way he holds it. Like I said Eaaarly on, would've loved it if it had two switch out arms. Left holding Mjolnir too and a switch out regular hand with nothing. Sword is cool but it would've looked cool if they hand a place on the base to kinda slide it in maybe (sorta like a sword in the stone thing)
Dude you have NOnidea how much in wanted to love this figure. I have yet to get a Thor for my collection
Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

You can use COMICCON14 coupon today on Thor to save $20 and use next month's $20 coupon on Throg.

Ur the man! PO'd!! Usually these codes haven't worked on any PO's that I put in, so I stopped even reading them. I gotta stay on ball and start paying attention to these emails and read what qualifies, lol. Thanks again!!

Ur the man! PO'd!! Usually these codes haven't worked on any PO's that I put in, so I stopped even reading them. I gotta stay on ball and start paying attention to these emails and read what qualifies, lol. Thanks again!!

That's what broke me about a month back. I was thinking about getting the REG a bit cheaper from an online retailer. However, $20 off and the reward points for this was enough for me to say f' it and pick up the EX. Now I'm just waiting for the Doom PF to become coupon code eligible so I can pick it up too.

That's what broke me about a month back. I was thinking about getting the REG a bit cheaper from an online retailer. However, $20 off and the reward points for this was enough for me to say f' it and pick up the EX. Now I'm just waiting for the Doom PF to become coupon code eligible so I can pick it up too.

Exactly what I did. $20 off and then another $20 or what ever from reward points. Ordered back in Early June, after seeing comic con... Glad I did.

So this one has been on the market for some time and has still not sold out the EX of 1,000. Does that surprise anyone? Has it ever happened that SSC has updated their statue from the time they put it up for pre-order to the time it gets shipped to make it more attractive or is the pre-order set in stone? I would love if they came out and said that they would have a spinning hammer as the EX rather than that amazingly terrible sword.

So this one has been on the market for some time and has still not sold out the EX of 1,000. Does that surprise anyone? Has it ever happened that SSC has updated their statue from the time they put it up for pre-order to the time it gets shipped to make it more attractive or is the pre-order set in stone? I would love if they came out and said that they would have a spinning hammer as the EX rather than that amazingly terrible sword.

Sometimes. A light-up feature was added to Green Lantern. Superman had the plain red heat vision eyes added, but that was long after it went on wait list.

I can't see them changing the EX for Thor, though.

Yea not gonna happen...

I really want to get into making casts/molds of pieces for custom arms, hands, weapons, etc.

If that were to happen I would 1. Jump for joy and 2. Watch in amazement as hundreds cried foul, cancelled their regs at other retailers and then made a mad scramble to PO the EX before it sold out.
Sometimes. A light-up feature was added to Green Lantern. Superman had the plain red heat vision eyes added, but that was long after it went on wait list.

I can't see them changing the EX for Thor, though.

Yea not gonna happen...
Yep, no chance

Back