Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after this and hulk, i still need a Iron man and Captain America, not happy with the ones out there and on pre orders

after this and hulk, i still need a Iron man and Captain America, not happy with the ones out there and on pre orders

I love and am getting the new cap. (Hulk and thor too). So I'm in the same boat waiting for all those ironman movie statues to come.

might get the movie iron man, 2 or 3 of the marks,, but I need a modern comic version

Tunic! That's the word I was looking for! Good stuff brother filip.

No problem. I'm usually not a real big fan of mixed media on my statues. However, I really think this will be the BEST mixed media piece we've seen in a long time. Peeps can say what they want about the piece ( I LOVE IT!) but the costume on this PF will be second to none if the production pieces look as good as the proto pics. Thor's costume looks incredible.

Fair enough it's not to some peoples tastes but I love this piece. Just hope it arrives looking as nice as the pictures

Hoping to see some pictures & videos of this from SDCC

Is there any particular reason people aren't too fond of real clothing on statues?

I'm only just getting into them but the mixed media is part of the appeal for me

Real fabric folds and lays in ways that sculpting just doesn't seem to achieve, I love that realism

Is there any particular reason people aren't too fond of real clothing on statues?

I'm only just getting into them but the mixed media is part of the appeal for me

Real fabric folds and lays in ways that sculpting just doesn't seem to achieve, I love that realism

It's just personal preference. Some people prefer fully sculpted because it allows for more detail (especially musculature), or they believe the fabrics make it look like a doll. There are likely many other reasons people have.

Other people prefer mixed media for the realism. Generally, there is also less concern for QC issues by limiting the painted areas...not always, though, as we saw with Batman.

Great sculptors are able to capture that realism as well. I have the Punisher COM and if you could see the folds sculpted into that piece, you would swear it's real cloth. It takes real artistic skill (sculpting and painting) to achieve the realism you are talking about. However, it is possible. Especially with the stable of talent SSC has.

Fair enough it's not to some peoples tastes but I love this piece. Just hope it arrives looking as nice as the pictures

Hoping to see some pictures & videos of this from SDCC

Agreed and it'll likely look much better in person. These statues almost always seem to look worlds better in person than in pictures.

I keep hearing about this Batman problem, but I'm looking at it right now and I don't see a problem

Maybe I'm too much of a PF novice at this point

There is no problem

No novice, people just overly critical. Haha. "Loose armpits"

It's not a problem unless you think it's a problem. I'm not sure the best way to describe it..."obvious deviation from the prototype", maybe? Not to beat a dead horse, but the fabric around the armpits is not form fitting at all...that cannot be debated. On the prototype, it was. Whether you think it looks bad, though, is another question altogether. I just used that as an example of a potential issue with the fabric portions on a statue. They seem less abundant than paint issues.

Here are a few pics to illustrate the difference between what was provided out of the box, and what it was supposed to look like...again, whether it is a "problem" is in the eye of the beholder.

Final+Batman.jpg

Final+Batman1.jpg

Final+Batman2.jpg

Batman+comparison+shots2.jpg

Batman+comparison+shots3.jpg

Back