Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Aaron Eckhart could play a superhero, who would you want him to play?
Booster Gold.

BG5YL_4.COV_.450_CMYK_A_580_537e93e2c4f435.76151788.jpg

I agree that I think that SSCs QC is on the rise. There have been so many awesome pieces come out as of late that have just been killer all around. People asked them to step up their game and they definitely seem to have listened

Let's hope that continues...especially on their Court of the Dead line and future MOTU line.

Holy hell I am away for 1 day and you guys get all wonky on me. The statue of Thor DOES NOT look like professor X or 2 face LOL :lol

To the "this blows XM out of the water" hell yes :goodpost: I figured out why I am into this line of PFs and the DC trinity ETC. and its because they have the best blend of real and fake in my eyes. What I mean by that is when I see Captain America on my shelf (allied charge) I say to myself, that is what a real life cap would look like. They bridge the gap in a way for me. The reason why Bowen has always been awesome to me is those statues literally were like comic panels in statue form. When I made the choice to go from 1/6 to 1/4 its because I get the presence of a piece of art in a way by the 1/4 that the 1/6 couldn't really offer. It's the comic characters without a kiddy feel and kind of with a more gritty realistic look. I cant really quantify it, its just how I see it. With all that said the XM pieces (I'm not talking about every single one) are like 1/4 size bowens again to me. The XM Thor looks that part and IMO not as well done as the action Bowen Thor. This is just a little insight of how I look at some things. Thank you for listening.

Holy hell I am away for 1 day and you guys get all wonky on me. The statue of Thor DOES NOT look like professor X or 2 face LOL :lol

To the "this blows XM out of the water" hell yes :goodpost: I figured out why I am into this line of PFs and the DC trinity ETC. and its because they have the best blend of real and fake in my eyes. What I mean by that is when I see Captain America on my shelf (allied charge) I say to myself, that is what a real life cap would look like. They bridge the gap in a way for me. The reason why Bowen has always been awesome to me is those statues literally were like comic panels in statue form. When I made the choice to go from 1/6 to 1/4 its because I get the presence of a piece of art in a way by the 1/4 that the 1/6 couldn't really offer. It's the comic characters without a kiddy feel and kind of with a more gritty realistic look. I cant really quantify it, its just how I see it. With all that said the XM pieces (I'm not talking about every single one) are like 1/4 size bowens again to me. The XM Thor looks that part and IMO not as well done as the action Bowen Thor. This is just a little insight of how I look at some things. Thank you for listening.

Well said and couldn't agree more.

Let's be friends. :hi5: :yess: :lol

Now, all I need is Sideshow to come back with a new Iron Man and then I can rest.

same feeling here, though Magneto and Wolverine are good enough,,, I have POed XM Ms Marvel She hulk and Thor,,, Ill definitely keep SS Thor,,so XM Thor might be passed on.
other XMs that dont give a Bowen feel is prob DD

Hey Josh, How does that arm joint look in person? It looked bad in some pics....but I wondered if they just didn't seat it well.
Honestly it sits under the tunic, you'll never even see it but make sure you sit in the grooves properly because you want the magnet to take full hold before putting the tunic back over the shoulder

Honestly it sits under the tunic, you'll never even see it but make sure you sit in the grooves properly because you want the magnet to take full hold before putting the tunic back over the shoulder

Thanks, do you think it has room in between the magnets for a 1/32" earth magnet? He looks awesome Josh! So glad I ordered him!

Here's a better pic now that my internet is back up. I do have one issue with mine, the base is uneven, I already contacted Sideshow and I'm waiting to hear back. Other than that he is flawless and huge. The Figure easily makes the Batman PF look small in girth and if he was up right he'd dwarf both Batman and Superman. Thor PF EX SM.jpg

Back