thor auction??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadcent

Super Freak
Reaction score
hey, i have had this happen before, and was wondering if anyone knew why a auction like this would end without notice???

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150298861861&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

bidding was at about $250 i believe, with a day or so left to go, and all of a sudden auction ends. and it says 1 cent??

did the seller get a better offer to end the auction early, or can they just end the auction for no reason? would he still have to pay ebay??
maybe you out there that have actually sold on the bay could shed some light on this for me. i've only ever purchased off the bay, never sold anything.
thanks

hey, i have had this happen before, and was wondering if anyone knew why a auction like this would end without notice???

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150298861861&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

bidding was at about $250 i believe, with a day or so left to go, and all of a sudden auction ends. and it says 1 cent??

did the seller get a better offer to end the auction early, or can they just end the auction for no reason? would he still have to pay ebay??
maybe you out there that have actually sold on the bay could shed some light on this for me. i've only ever purchased off the bay, never sold anything.
thanks

I was watching this auction as well. The only thing I can think is that it wasn't going as high as he liked so he dropped everyone's bid and ended the auction. :confused:

I was watching this auction as well. The only thing I can think is that it wasn't going as high as he liked so he dropped everyone's bid and ended the auction. :confused:

yeah that's one thought that went through my mind, but if anyones even a semi experienced ebayer, we all know that it's the last minute to hour that matters the most.

I actually think someone made him an offer and he ended it without having to pay the ebay fees

Yeah, PLENTY of eBay auctions for Marvel PF's have ended early.... I tried emailing them and asking WHY it ended, but they never responded... I'm sure it was because they sold it outside of eBay :eek:

Yep or like others were saying, it might not be making their bang for the buck and they'll pull the auction...

It's not that outlandish really, happens all the time with all kinds of goods on the 'bay.

If you end an auction early, you don't have to pay the final value fees, but you still have to pay the listing fees. I'll admit I've done it once or twice myself, but really only to sell to other members of this board.

I've had items that I've been watching end early before too, doesn't really bother me. The number one rule I follow with ebay is to not get attached to anything until I've won and paid for it.

That's kinda dumb though.... That's why you set a reserve. Everyone KNOWS that the auctions get a lot of action within the closing minutes :rolleyes:

I think a reserve deters a lot of people from an auction. I personally don't bid on any auctions that have reserves, but your right though the closing seconds get the most action...

I think a reserve deters a lot of people from an auction. I personally don't bid on any auctions that have reserves, but your right though the closing seconds get the most action...

Yep, I'm definitely out on auctions with reserve, it's the anticipation of a great deal that draws ppl to auctions...

im trying to sell my ex, do you guys think $480 plus shipping is too high?

Last edited:
Isn't it against Ebay policy to negotiate deals outside of the system for a current auction?

Isn't it against Ebay policy to negotiate deals outside of the system for a current auction?
if you own the item you can do what you like with it,f@ck ebay, the less money they make the better it is for all of us

Back