Thor alteration suggestions.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not digging the belt:

7205_press08-001.jpg

same here. looks like a cheap belt. come on sideshow you can do beter.

A Thunder God would not sport that plastic looking belt :monkey4 At least make the buckle made out of metal....or is it metal?

Almost all the PF capes have wires for posing. The DCD Batman has a large cloth cape and the wires make it work very well in any pose you want.

I can understand wanting to maintain the integrity of this very specific pose and I'm guessing that's why they went with a sculpted cape. But I still would have preferred the more realistic cloth cape.

Maybe they can line the sculpt with cloth ?! :D Then it will keep its specific pose and look like cloth ...

You know, that jerkin material they threw on there looks like a knapsack. We wouldn't want to give the impression that a God of Thunder is poor, do we?

One thing you can see in the hi-res photos that wasn't obvious before is that the cape has a texture to it that more closely resembles cloth than sculpted pieces usually do. I don't see them changing the cape at this point, but the material on the tunic I'd think would be possible.

What about armpit hair? Do Gods not have it or does he shave it. If you add it I would suggest using any extra Elektra hair or taking it off the Prophecy Girl Buffy's still sitting around.

It is. You can tell by the rough edges.

I don't think the material is so much in question, as to the over all aesthetic of the belt. This one looks very cheap for instance compared to Captain America's.

At the moment I still hope they change his tunic to some sort of feaux leather, but I'm sure the guys working at Sideshow thought this through and went with cloth as the best option, so I'll say if they change it good, if they don't I'll stick by them.

Back