This will be my first year playing Fantasy Football...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm drafting 6th in my league and I spoke with a few of the other people drafting above me.

Looks like it's going to be CJ, AP, Rice, Rodgers, Brees, then me. Bit of a dilemna as the MJD news has surfaced and it's between him and Gore for me...what do you guys think?

The hope here is that I can get Brady or Manning on the way back up.

Question 2, if Gore, Turner and Brees are available (other current possibility) what would you guys do and why?

My league has 6 pts for QB TD's, -3 for INT's, and 1pt for 20 PYDs, 1pt for 10 RYDs.

Andre Johnson...you can get a very good QB between rounds 3-6...depending on how many teams in your league.

Well my draft was last night...and 316 after your suggestion for Andre Johnson I started considering him at the 6 spot. Here's how it went in order of draft.

Andre Johnson
Randy Moss
Ryan Mathews
Arian Foster
Pierre Thomas
Felix Jones
Visanthe Shancoe
Bernarnd Berrian
Carson Palmer
Matt Ryan
Lee Evans
49ers D
Neil Rackers
Greg Olsen
Jacoby Jones

I'm pretty happy overall...I surprised myself with the Randy Moss pick but it was too tempting to pass up having the #1 AND #2 WR's on most peoples boards as my starters.

If Mathews and Foster turn out to be really good I could be all set. However, I grabbed some great backups. The news that Dallas is going to shop Marion Barber makes me feel really good about the Felix Jones pick.

Mesa, how'd your draft go man?!

QB Carson Palmer
WR Miles Austin
WR Chad Ochocinco
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Ryan Mathews
TE Jason Witten
W/R Ahmad Bradshaw
BN Vince Young
BN LaDainian Tomlinson
BN Jordan Shipley
BN Vincent Jackson
BN Jeremy Shockey
K Rob Bironas
BN Neil Rackers
DEF Green Bay

that's my team this year

seems to be a pretty solid team, you got serious talent on there, but due to the fact I'm an eagles fan, I cant like Miles Austin, but dudes got talent, I'll give him that :)

Well my draft was last night...and 316 after your suggestion for Andre Johnson I started considering him at the 6 spot. Here's how it went in order of draft.

Andre Johnson
Randy Moss
Ryan Mathews
Arian Foster
Pierre Thomas
Felix Jones
Visanthe Shancoe
Bernarnd Berrian
Carson Palmer
Matt Ryan
Lee Evans
49ers D
Neil Rackers
Greg Olsen
Jacoby Jones

I'm pretty happy overall...I surprised myself with the Randy Moss pick but it was too tempting to pass up having the #1 AND #2 WR's on most peoples boards as my starters.

If Mathews and Foster turn out to be really good I could be all set. However, I grabbed some great backups. The news that Dallas is going to shop Marion Barber makes me feel really good about the Felix Jones pick.

Thats funny, I got Andre Johnson & Moss for my 1st two picks. My third was Greg Jennings then I took a gamble with Jay Cuter at QB, we'll see what happens. Can't wait for kickoff.

Andre Johnson
Randy Moss
Ryan Mathews
Arian Foster
Pierre Thomas
Felix Jones
Visanthe Shancoe
Bernarnd Berrian
Carson Palmer
Matt Ryan
Lee Evans
49ers D
Neil Rackers
Greg Olsen
Jacoby Jones

Good draft....from the looks of it you're in a 10 team league.

Andre Johnson
Randy Moss
Ryan Mathews
Arian Foster
Pierre Thomas
Felix Jones
Visanthe Shancoe
Bernarnd Berrian
Carson Palmer
Matt Ryan
Lee Evans
49ers D
Neil Rackers
Greg Olsen
Jacoby Jones

My draft isn't until this Tuesday. I'm sort of bummed about it, because it's an online draft, the guy running it is out of town for a little bit. So draft is on Tuesday at 7:00 PM and I have no idea what to expect. I wish we were doing it in person because I've never participated in one, and I'm guessing I'm going to have some questions. Oh well.

I downloaded the iphone app which has been sort of useful, but I'm not comfortable with the yahoo interface yet.

I'm so glad I decided to do a practice draft...

Edit: I'll post my team when I'm done with this practice draft.

Damn, I lost the webpage before I was able to cut and paste, which was disabled.

Question: Is it better to stack on on WR and RB on your bench before picking your Defense and Kicker? In this practice draft, I was #2 and I opted for the NYJ Defense on something like 6 or 7 before picking a WR Bench player.

Last edited:
Thats funny, I got Andre Johnson & Moss for my 1st two picks. My third was Greg Jennings then I took a gamble with Jay Cuter at QB, we'll see what happens. Can't wait for kickoff.

Man you are stacked at WR! Nice!

Good draft....from the looks of it you're in a 10 team league.

Yep, you got it man.

My draft isn't until this Tuesday. I'm sort of bummed about it, because it's an online draft, the guy running it is out of town for a little bit. So draft is on Tuesday at 7:00 PM and I have no idea what to expect. I wish we were doing it in person because I've never participated in one, and I'm guessing I'm going to have some questions. Oh well.

I downloaded the iphone app which has been sort of useful, but I'm not comfortable with the yahoo interface yet.

Well good luck brother...definitely post it when it's all said and done.

BTW, believe I got your stand today. Just won't get around to opening it until tomorrow or Monday. It's my wedding anniversary this weekend...a bit busy.

BTW, believe I got your stand today. Just won't get around to opening it until tomorrow or Monday. It's my wedding anniversary this weekend...a bit busy.
Awesome, glad to hear it.

:exactly: and saves me some serious typing...whew! :lol

Knowing how your league scores is VERY important. In my league for instance we score QB's as 1 pt for each 20 yds passing/ 1pt for 10 yds rushing/ 6 pts for TD's/ 2pts for 2pt conversions/ -3 pts for INT's.

However there are a bunch of leagues out there that score QB's very similar but only 3 pts or 4 pts for TD's. So in my league, QB's that throw a lot of TD's and low picks every year are pretty valuable.

Don't reach for players you "like" is also good advice.

Don't forget you can go to ESPN.com and run a mock draft on their site. It's a lot of fun and gives you a chance to see how things might play out so you can prepare for them.

These are the rules of my league:

Scoring & Settings
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Tue Sep 7 7:00pm PDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 10
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Fractional Points: Yes
Negative Points: Yes
Passing Yards 25 yards per point; 1 points at 300 yards
Passing Touchdowns 4.5 4
Interceptions -1
Rushing Attempts .1 0
Rushing Yards 8 yards per point; 1 points at 140 yards 10 yards per point; 1 points at 140 yards
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Receptions .1 0
Reception Yards 10 yards per point; 1 points at 150 yards
Reception Touchdowns 6
Return Touchdowns 6
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles -1 0
Fumbles Lost -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
Kickers League Value Yahoo! Default Value
Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3.2 3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3.6 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
Point After Attempt Made 1
Defense/Special Teams League Value Yahoo! Default Value
Sack 1
Interception 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Touchdown 6
Safety 3 2
Block Kick 2
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6
Points Allowed 0 points 10
Points Allowed 1-6 points 7
Points Allowed 7-13 points 4
Points Allowed 14-20 points 1
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1
Points Allowed 35+ points -4

Question: Is it better to stack on on WR and RB on your bench before picking your Defense and Kicker? In this practice draft, I was #2 and I opted for the NYJ Defense on something like 6 or 7 before picking a WR Bench player.

Your last 2 picks of your draft should be DEF and K....never before then.

One strategy is to NOT draft backups for QB, TE, Def, and K so you can stock up on RBs/WRs.

Heading out to my live draft at Buffalo Wild Wings.

You can't beat $100 in free food, free draft supplies, and the atmosphere of doing the draft live with everyone in one place.

I can already predict the first questionable pick...it will be my boss at #3.:rotfl

And now my draft results. This is a 12 team, PPR scoring league.

#4 Ray Rice RB
#21 Greg Jennings WR
#28 Pierre Thomas RB
#45 Joe Flacco QB
#52 Felix Jones RB
#69 Hines Ward WR
#76 Derrick Mason WR
#93 Bernard Berrian WR
#100 Tim Hightower RB
#117 Laurent Robinson WR
#124 Mewelde Moore RB
#141 Jermaine Greshaim TE
#148 Jabar Gaffney WR
#165 Cincinnatti Bengals DEF
#172 Neil Rackers K

I'm glad people are posting their draft order. Helps me to see the priority.

But I still think it may be a good idea to take a good defense before you fill up your bench with "average" RB and WR.

Mesa, like poker, half of the game is what your opponents will do. usless you think the 1st defense off the board is way better than say the rest of the top 6 then you probably dont need to be the first person picking a defense.

I do disagree with the others about QB. I would certainly carry a bench QB rather than a 4th or 5th RB or WR.

How many teams in each league will greatly affect how you draft...particularly in the later rounds. The more teams there are, the slimmer the pickings get quickly and those defences and kickers don't look as bad as they do in the fewer-team leagues.

We have had a 16-team league since I started. We dropped to 14 this year and I am bummed. Making it to the SB in bac-to-back seasons in a 16 team league comes with good bragging rights.

If I make it this year, I will feel that there will need to be an asterisk by it.

Guys join the league. No money involved inless you guys want to.

Hey guys I am in 2 leagues with friends and I dont like my draft picks. I want to start another league with some SSF and maybe if you guys want put $10-20 in the pool to make it worth paying attention every week. Let me know it will be a yahoo league. Hurry season starts Thursday!!

here is the link to join:

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo....&password=1212

password is 1212

If it doesnt work let me know.

Back