this is the movie cobra commander??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im not defending anything...but im not going to bash something before i see it, thats my point....

That's fine, but I'm not seeing it based on what the company has used to promote it. Not even using Irish's rope-jumping method. What I've seen doesn't even justify a matinee or discount theaters price. Potentially down the line when it's all but free via a Blockbuster monthly pass. That way if it sucks, I can stop it mid way through, pull it out of the player and take it back to exchange for something better.

They could slap: UN Peace Force on this movie in a heartbeat, remove the Arashikage symbols from Snake Eyes and his weapons, and nobody would ever know that it was a G.I. Joe movie. You can't do that with Transformers. But this flick, yes. That's how far they've strayed from the very essence that IS G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero. That's why it sucks. And as if to add insult to injury, they're aiming this movie at the G.I. Joe hardcore fans, in just about every way they've promoted it. It'd be a different story if they were marketing it to the Twilight and the WB/CW/Mtv tweens, but they're not. They're marketing it at everyone who has a deep fondness for the figures we grew up with.

Look, to most of us here, this movie is like diet mayonnaise. Is it healthy? SURE! Is it watered down? Absolutely. Is it mayonnaise? Yes, in a way. Do people use it? Yes. But in the end, either way you look at it, it still tastes like $#!+.

That's fine, but I'm not seeing it based on what the company has used to promote it. Not even using Irish's rope-jumping method. What I've seen doesn't even justify a matinee or discount theaters price. Potentially down the line when it's all but free via a Blockbuster monthly pass. That way if it sucks, I can stop it mid way through, pull it out of the player and take it back to exchange for something better.

They could slap: UN Peace Force on this movie in a heartbeat, remove the Arashikage symbols from Snake Eyes and his weapons, and nobody would ever know that it was a G.I. Joe movie. You can't do that with Transformers. But this flick, yes. That's how far they've strayed from the very essence that IS G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero. That's why it sucks. And as if to add insult to injury, they're aiming this movie at the G.I. Joe hardcore fans, in just about every way they've promoted it. It'd be a different story if they were marketing it to the Twilight and the WB/CW/Mtv tweens, but they're not. They're marketing it at everyone who has a deep fondness for the figures we grew up with.

Look, to most of us here, this movie is like diet mayonnaise. Is it healthy? SURE! Is it watered down? Absolutely. Is it mayonnaise? Yes, in a way. Do people use it? Yes. But in the end, either way you look at it, it still tastes like $#!+.

Your the man for saying that!!

And you realize if they made it All American hero..how many law suits they'd get, hollywood has to appeal to everyone or dismiss questionable issues altogether. It would just turn into song of the south if they did.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

wholeheartedly agree

Your the man for saying that!!

And you realize if they made it All American hero..how many law suits they'd get, hollywood has to appeal to everyone or dismiss questionable issues altogether. It would just turn into song of the south if they did.

I'll hold ya to that general statement when Marvel releases the Captain America film. :lol

Back