This has to be scam right?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though I'm utterly dubious about this, I sincerely hope that those who did order figures by some miracle do receive a figure. Even if they ordered a WM die-cast Mk I from IM2 and say a HT John Matrix Commando figure showed up instead, I'd still be thoroughly impressed. :lol

Well, I thought I'd post the final chapter in the "to good to be true $80.00 Spacetrooper" saga. I received notice on eBay that my package had been delivered on Jan 28th. The only thing I'd received from China that day was a pink Beret that I hadn't ordered. The really strange thing was it had my full name on the package, but it had been sent to the address of a local coffee shop about 5 blocks from my house. Now I am a regular customer of this coffee shop, but even I had no idea what their exact mailing address was, and have no idea how anyone outside my family would know that I shop there. Their Postman and mine are the same, and when they refused to accept delivery of the package, the Postman recognized my name, and knowing I buy a lot of things from China, brought it to me to see if it was some how mine. The customs tag said it was a coat, valued at $2.00., but contained a bright pink Beret Reported the whole thing to eBay, and they promptly refunded my money to PayPal, so no harm, no foul.

So ends the "To good to be true saga"
Old Grandpa

My buddy ordered something from this seller also and he also stated that apparently they tried to deliver the package to him on Saturday, but it went to the wrong address; similar to your scenario. After hearing your ordeal, I expect his package to be the same thing, or something similar. Not a HT figure, basically.

I had a friend who ordered something on ebay which was a high end star wars product 2 years back.
Same thing happened, got a pair of socks instead of his item.
Reported to ebay/paypal.
Really, if it is too good to be true, it usully is.
The only 1 time I ever remember when something was too good to be true and WAS, was when an Asian seller had the SSC Snowtrooper for cheap, and lots of them!! Was stoked to get that bargain so long after Snowie had sold out and prices were insane.

The only thing I'd received from China that day was a pink Beret that I hadn't ordered.

I'm sure the rest of the ensemble is going to the others who ordered from this seller.

Also, expect to be bombarded now with junk email in the next few months since this guy now has all your contact info and address and will sell that for some quick cash.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

The only 1 time I ever remember when something was too good to be true and WAS, was when an Asian seller had the SSC Snowtrooper for cheap, and lots of them!!

Yes, I was among the initial guinea pigs on that and luckily it paid off, but they weren't "cheap" -- they were original retail after the price had soared on ebay, so it wasn't an insane deal.

I had a friend who ordered something on ebay which was a high end star wars product 2 years back.
Same thing happened, got a pair of socks instead of his item.
Reported to ebay/paypal.
Really, if it is too good to be true, it usully is.
The only 1 time I ever remember when something was too good to be true and WAS, was when an Asian seller had the SSC Snowtrooper for cheap, and lots of them!! Was stoked to get that bargain so long after Snowie had sold out and prices were insane.

:exactly:

The thing that tipped me off the most to this seller being a fraud was the fact that they were listing a MK I War Machine die-cast figure, and those aren't expected to be released until WAY later this year. There's absolutely no way this person has a hold of one; or 10, as they sometimes like to list how many they've sold in the last hour or so. There was another similar seller recently that had a BvS Supes listed at roughly 70 bucks also. I mean no. Just....no.

giphy.gif

That is of course if the glaring fact that there is nobody in their right mind that would list a plethora of brand new various HT with a "BuyItNow" of 70 bucks a pop isn't enough to convince you already. I mean I got my MoS Supes for 50 bucks, but that was because it was an auction that nobody bid on during the time when the MoS Supes figures were stagnant and you could practically get them for free.

I had emailed the guy some time back, asking a simple, 'are you for real?' and got no response

In order to make a believer out of me, I would have asked the person to take a picture of the item. Even if it was MISB. Crack the shipper box open and take a picture of the figure just through the viewing window while it's in the box.

I'm sure they probably wouldn't do that lest compromising the MISB status, but that's the only way I'd believe a HT "BuyItNow" for $70. However, if the picture they take yields an actual HT figure, then they wouldn't have to worry about compromising the MISB; I'd buy it no questions asked.

Exactly, any legit seller would have no issue with it, either! I was never tempted by this jackass, cause there was no way in hell it was Legit.

Back