1/6 Third Party Star Wars: Legends?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Itzthabat

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Was wondering if there is any chance for some day seeing third-party 1/6 figures released of Legends characters, that are no longer apart of the canon and extremely unlikely to ever receive officially licensed releases.

Characters like:

Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors
Dash Rendar
Mara Jade
Darth Revan
Malak
etc. etc.

Is there any interest amongst the community for something like that? Would love to hear thoughts and ideas.

For me, I would love to see a 1/6 rendition of Kyle Katarn in the likeness of Chuck Norris.

Made an edit to the Dave Dorman poster to prove how epic this would be. Enjoy.

378D0758-0505-448E-BA66-613AF360D2F8.jpg

Have there been any third party Star Wars 1/6 figures? Marvel I've seen a slew of, but I don't recall SW. Lucasfilm/Disney quick with the banhammer?

For some reason nobody is tackling Third Party 1/6 Star Wars figures. Im not sure if its a fear of Disney because these 3rd party companies are very eager to make Marvel figures.

Revan and Nihilus are a must for me eventually. My favourite two designs in Star Wars. Fingers crossed that rumoured KOTOR re-make/reboot happens and Hot Toys picks up the licence.

Frost Vision Studio has done the likes of Revan, Nihilus, Sion, Malgus, Talon etc.

https://m.facebook.com/FrostVisionStudio/photos/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

Not sure how good their final products are. Always been very tempted to buy from them myself, just scared to commit finances to something that you just have no idea how good the final product is. Has anyone ever bought anything from them?

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

There is definitely a market for niche characters, so it must be forbidden by the mouse. Even skiff guards, droids, background characters would sell if another company produced them.

I totally agree there’s a market but the mouse will hunt you down......

People keep using this term 'third party' which doesn't even make sense.

They're bootlegs. Words matter. They aren't happening because it's illegal, hence the term 'bootleg'.

It seems like this term 'third party' started being used because people were afraid of saying 'unlicensed' or 'bootleg' or otherwise wanted to obfuscate the reality that these figures operate in a gray area of legality. Realistically, it's not a gray area at all, they're illegal, it's just that it's typically not worth someone's time to put a stop to it.

There is definitely a market for niche characters, so it must be forbidden by the mouse. Even skiff guards, droids, background characters would sell if another company produced them.

Disney Marvel figures, Fox Marvel figures, Sony Marvel figures, DC figures, various video games figures all being made by third party companies, all owned by big players, yet they seem to thrive with very few hiccups here and there. So it's strange that there's no Star Wars.

They're bootlegs. Words matter. They aren't happening because it's illegal, hence the term 'bootleg'.

It seems like this term 'third party' started being used because people were afraid of saying 'unlicensed' or 'bootleg' or otherwise wanted to obfuscate the reality that these figures operate in a gray area of legality. Realistically, it's not a gray area at all, they're illegal, it's just that it's typically not worth someone's time to put a stop to it.

So?

This is probably the only way we’ll see a Cara Dune figure happen now so I wouldn’t be surprised if we see one crop up by the end of the year.

I wish somebody would make official products, because looking back, most of what I like about SW comes from the EU. I never cared much for the movies themselves as pieces of film, bar the worldbuilding. The games, comics and books are what drew me in. And I'd jump immediately on something like Kyle Katarn, Kir Kanos, Revan or even Cade Skywalker. For me, SW did end in 2012, and whatever else comes out I treat as an AU that I pick and choose based on how enjoyable it is.

XM is making two official KotOR statues, Revan and Malak, so there might be some hope. But I doubt we'll ever get Hot Toys quality figures of Dark Empire Luke or something. Or a Mara Jade. Lucas hated her, Disney turned Luke into a hermit, the Inquisitors took over her role, and she's a redhead, so chances are she's completely done for.

Mysteries-of-the-Sith-cover.jpg

Now this, THIS is what Star Wars looks like! For me, anyhow.

Revan and Nihilus are a must for me eventually. My favourite two designs in Star Wars. Fingers crossed that rumoured KOTOR re-make/reboot happens and Hot Toys picks up the licence.
No offense, but I hope they don't. I have no desire to see Disney butcher the period. Let them do whatever the Hell they want with their own "new and improved" KotOR in The High Republic.

I wish somebody would make official products, because looking back, most of what I like about SW comes from the EU. I never cared much for the movies themselves as pieces of film, bar the worldbuilding. The games, comics and books are what drew me in. And I'd jump immediately on something like Kyle Katarn, Kir Kanos, Revan or even Cade Skywalker. For me, SW did end in 2012, and whatever else comes out I treat as an AU that I pick and choose based on how enjoyable it is.

XM is making two official KotOR statues, Revan and Malak, so there might be some hope. But I doubt we'll ever get Hot Toys quality figures of Dark Empire Luke or something. Or a Mara Jade. Lucas hated her, Disney turned Luke into a hermit, the Inquisitors took over her role, and she's a redhead, so chances are she's completely done for.

Mysteries-of-the-Sith-cover.jpg

Now this, THIS is what Star Wars looks like! For me, anyhow.

No offense, but I hope they don't. I have no desire to see Disney butcher the period. Let them do whatever the Hell they want with their own "new and improved" KotOR in The High Republic.

ah yes the classic "disney cant make anything good" mentalilty

Well that’s a bit simplistic isn’t it?
If I’m honest I tend to agreed. The old eu had got too bloated by the end but jeez Disney have done a great job of churning out average crap.
Mandalorian aside. Nothing good. Clone wars was before. Rebels was good.

The new books and comics have been largely terrible.
The sequels ��
Rogue one was good.

It’s not Disney. It can’t be. The marvel stuff has been predominantly great.
They just don’t seem to understand Star Wars.

Anyway I’ld love some bootleg figures. If no one else is going to make them. ESP nice sideshow aren’t in the game anymore.

1588679485940.png

We're literally talking about Space Wizards riffing off Kurosawa, Spaghetti Westerns, Dune, Valerian & Laureline and half-assed Eastern Religions, starring in a series of children's Space Operas, that most of us enjoy based on the incarnations we were introduced to as kids. It's hardly a hill to die on, or a subject that warrants lengthy discussion. I found the choices in Disney Wars questionable and never saw anything that truly grabbed me. If you prefer Fat Jedi, Space Whales, Orange Buttcheeks and whatever TLJ and TRoS were, over KotOR and Crimson Empire, more power to you. It's all meaningless fast food, it's just that the quality of it varies. I have more affinity for the older products, stories and characters, and that's where I'm staying. I'm not pretending Legacy was a masterpiece of literature. I simply liked the characters, story, genre and progression more. Teen me liked Talon more than I do Asucka. Cade's brooding appealed to me. Luke's journey made more sense to me, whereas Crazy Hermit Virgin Luke doesn't. The First Order was a nonsensical take on the Imperial Remnant filled with plot holes. Snoke was a poor man's Jagged Fel who was turned into a poor man's Dark Empire rip-off. And so on, and so forth. Basically, what I'm saying is, Red **** > Orange Cheeks.

cade-skywalker-sleeps-with-darth-talon-1-e1525530157577.jpg

Any way I see it, the EU wins over the Canon. It's who I, specifically, am. And like I've already said, I pick and choose what I like from the new "Canon" and if it's enjoyable I, well, "enjoy it". That's all it comes down to. And I'll keep saying what I like and don't, when it's relevant to the discussion, because that's my stance.

Like what you like; literally who cares?

Have there been any third party Star Wars 1/6 figures? Marvel I've seen a slew of, but I don't recall SW. Lucasfilm/Disney quick with the banhammer?

Only ones I can think of are the Toys Works Saber Master (Mace Windu) and Spirit Mentor (Qui-Gon).

I totally agree there?s a market but the mouse will hunt you down......

With the prevalence of third party Marvel stuff out there, I really just think it's the lack of popularity of Star Wars in China in general.

I don't think people are afraid of saying unlicensed or bootleg, I think third party makes it a bit clearer. I can kitbash a figure together using parts and it's technically unlicensed and bootleg can be confusing since it may make people think it's a copy of an existing figure rather than something new. I think third party is better since it's generally used to describe entities and not one off customs or something like that. I don't know if Toys Era or Soosoo are 'companies' in the traditional sense at all, but they're coordinated well and generally put out pretty decent product lately.

To me bootleg is something that is at least 80% copy. Fire Toys comes to mind. 3rd party would be companies/people who make figures that are of a certain character but the makers do not hold the licensing rights to sell products. They still need to make the parts for the figure and do some R&D while bootleg will probably just buy an original and copy the parts of the original. Both bootleg and 3rd party are technically illegal but bootlegs are much worst than 3rd party in terms of ethics if you ask me.

Interesting discussion. We all are selective in various tastes and head canon. Keep enjoying what SW means to you and collect whatever you want. Personally I love a lot about Legends but never enjoyed Cade, Darth Krayt or any of that post NJO story. My favorite Legends will always be KOTOR, Tales of the Jedi with Ulic’s and Nomi’s story and Dark Empire.

Oh this is Lucasfilm. They have always wanted their new material to be at the forefront, obviously pushing new movie stuff, but also new media like The Force Unleashed. It seems like Revan gets in there once in a blue moon, but the EU stuff just gets completely ignored. Completely. It is clearly KK's agenda to only "create" (which seems like rename and reuse in a worse way) and promote new stuff, essentially letting the old stuff die. Funny though, you see prices for the Old Republic/KOTOR/TOTJ stuff and it is crazy expensive. Funny that Marvel can do movies with their current character lineup, yet with Star Wars it all has to be new or rebranded or renamed. Royalties maybe? Don't think Marvel cared with that in doing Thanos. Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors? Oh no. It is Jyn Erso and Cassian Andor.

Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors? Oh no. It is Jyn Erso and Cassian Andor.

:lol How dare you. In all seriousness though, this is absolutely my biggest problem with the Disney canon. As stated countless times before; KK says they have no source material to draw from, yet a staggering amount their characters and plot-lines are derivative discount/reject/knockoff versions of much beloved EU stuff.

Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors were outright erased, only to be replaced by inferior characters that serve the exact same purpose, except with none of the charisma or potential for longevity. This is infuriating to me, especially considering that Kyle Katarn has always been my favourite character.

Back