Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People that 'saunter' in front of you as you drive through a parking lot.

"Lady, I'm in a two-ton death machine. You mind putting a little spring in your step?"

People that 'saunter' in front of you as you drive through a parking lot.

"Lady, I'm in a two-ton death machine. You mind putting a little spring in your step?"

Drivers that think carparks are a motorway. And expect pedestrians to run out of their way when returning to their cars.

People that respond to your rant.

This is a rant thread, not a debate thread.

Not really. But things get a bit more complicated when you have a big family.

Also, it is a parking lot. People (on both sides) should be more patient.

You are late for something?

Not my fault.

My parents had four kids. They never had a problem keeping us together when they brought us all out.

People just tend to be oblivious to anyone waiting for them, in general. Traffic moving 5mph below the limit, with 20 cars bumper to bumper behind the leader? That's a driver demanding patience x20, and really, who the **** are they to waste that much of other people's time? You find out exactly whom, when you go to pass, and suddenly, 15mph over the limit is not too dangerous for them anymore. It gets ridiculous.

every morning as I’m expected to give way to pedestrians who head right across the road without first checking for cars, I fantasise about driving right over them. If they’re wearing headphones I reverse back over them for good measure.

every morning as I’m expected to give way to pedestrians who head right across the road without first checking for cars, I fantasise about driving right over them. If they’re wearing headphones I reverse back over them for good measure.

When I was at Boston University, crossing Commonwealth Ave. (six lanes, and a trolley) was a sport. I'm pretty sure they were trying to hit us. I have no doubt that they were not trying to not hit us. And, we deserved it. No one respected traffic as anything more than an obstacle to be conquered.

My timing bolt cover bolt backing out on me twice ****ing my timing belt up on my Honda Civic. Locktite, yeah, but still?

:lol

That's something I don't understand. The need to be hooked in and listening to something even as you merely walk from one location to another. Two of my brothers do it. Same when walking the dogs.

I'd rather have maximum possible awareness of what's going on around me when I'm out walking somewhere - and particularly if I'm walking the dogs. And why go to the beach and block out the sound of the sea, the birds etc etc.

When I was at Boston University, crossing Commonwealth Ave. (six lanes, and a trolley) was a sport. I'm pretty sure they were trying to hit us. I have no doubt that they were not trying to not hit us. And, we deserved it. No one respected traffic as anything more than an obstacle to be conquered.

It sounds like there was sport to be had by both sides... youthful exuberance vs steel and gasoline. The students shuffling in front of my path each morning are like middle-class zombies.

:lol

That's something I don't understand. The need to be hooked in and listening to something even as you merely walk from one location to another. Two of my brothers do it. Same when walking the dogs.

I'd rather have maximum possible awareness of what's going on around me when I'm out walking somewhere - and particularly if I'm walking the dogs. And why go to the beach and block out the sound of the sea, the birds etc etc.

Awareness is important, on so many levels. Though times I've been walking through Chinese market places I put on headphones to block out the existence of street vendors. Otherwise I'm too polite to ignore them and would spend every step shaking my head at an endless succession of hawkers like a proper foreign idiot.

My mom worked at a hotel , she said Aretha Franklin was mean to the staff......I'm more sad about Lesley Gores passing , at least she was nice to people.

My Dad got them a couple of years back. I'd never seen him in such pain. Standing up - pain, sitting down - pain, lying down - pain. Would that be accurate?

My Dad got them a couple of years back. I'd never seen him in such pain. Standing up - pain, sitting down - pain, lying down - pain. Would that be accurate?

​Yes. I was feeling pretty good yesterday, but the pain is back today and I can barely stand it.

Back