Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love standup so the fact that morons like that and vine "stars" are considered funny is infuriating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't watch PewDiePie and a lot of other YouTubers, but I don't understand the hate they get, for what they do. Anyone who can effortlessly make retarded videos from a home PC, garner a large audience, and rake in millions per year, from YouTube subscriptions and paid ads, gets my respect. Seriously, who wouldn't want an easy-ass job like that?

I don't watch PewDiePie and a lot of other YouTubers, but I don't understand the hate they get, for what they do. Anyone who can effortlessly make retarded videos from a home PC, garner a large audience, and rake in millions per year, from YouTube subscriptions and paid ads, gets my respect. Seriously, who wouldn't want an easy-ass job like that?

:lecture

You've just hit on something I ****ing hate about YouTube and 'internet culture' (shudder) in general - the carefully-maintained illusion that it's still a cottage industry. Pewdiepie, JonTron, Markiplier and the Game Grumps (and those are just four names in videogame content I know second-hand) are all part of studios that manage their content, their social media, their outreach and ensure that even though their videos are ostensibly still made in a back bedroom, it's done so with the benefit of favourable lighting, very expensive audio capture equipment, HD cameras, etc. Maker Studios is one of the larger outfits, and that's part of Disney. Every time you watch a JonTron video you're watching a Disney production.

This idea that you can just start a channel with your iPhone and reach that level of success without having at least a few thousand dollars to burn on audio and video equipment is just a huge, monstrous lie.

You've just hit on something I ****ing hate about YouTube and 'internet culture' (shudder) in general - the carefully-maintained illusion that it's still a cottage industry. Pewdiepie, JonTron, Markiplier and the Game Grumps (and those are just four names in videogame content I know second-hand) are all part of studios that manage their content, their social media, their outreach and ensure that even though their videos are ostensibly still made in a back bedroom, it's done so with the benefit of favourable lighting, very expensive audio capture equipment, HD cameras, etc. Maker Studios is one of the larger outfits, and that's part of Disney. Every time you watch a JonTron video you're watching a Disney production.

This idea that you can just start a channel with your iPhone and reach that level of success without having at least a few thousand dollars to burn on audio and video equipment is just a huge, monstrous lie.

Well, I'm sure as PewDiePie, JonTron and the rest of their ilk have gotten more famous, studios approached them to help market their content to a wider audience and profit from their viewership. I mainly follow tech reviewers like Jayztwocents, Barnacules, and TekRepublic. They literally produce their videos on over-the-counter audio and video equipment.

I hate fireworks*. When I was a kid it seemed like someone got hurt every 4th.

*Unless I'm in Disney World. I ****ing love Illuminations.

Every July 4th in NYC, there's always news that some kid (or kids) lost their fingers with illegal firecrackers.

It's pretty annoying when people down the streets, start launching the light-rockets into the air, and it's just an endless barrage of explosions, car alarms going off, that makes it impossible to watch TV, or sleep for that matter.

Every July 4th in NYC, there's always news that some kid (or kids) lost their fingers with illegal firecrackers.

It's pretty annoying when people down the streets, start launching the light-rockets into the air, and it's just an endless barrage of explosions, car alarms going off, that makes it impossible to watch TV, or sleep for that matter.

I grew up on Staten Island. :duff

Oh? Fireworks are the bomb! Back in the ghettos(Bronx), Mr. Green can only afford some of 'em flying stick that explode at the end. People would start a fireworks fight on the street/ground. A group on one end against another group on the other. No one got their eyes pooked out, haha; not like the pc of today. The awesome feeling of seeing a little kid give up lighting those long firework stick that shoot straight up high and Mr. Green picking it up to light it up. It works and it's free!

Nice. I'm in Queens :duff :lol.

tumblr_o6ro2fAv1j1ts5unbo1_500.gif

:rock

I don't mind them at all, except when they start shooting them off a week before and after the 4th. It doesn't get dark till after 9, so they wait till it pitch dark to shoot them off.

I hate that Brazil, at their Olympic torch lighting ceremony, shot their mascot jaguar dead.

Woohoo! Rio 2016

:monkey4

I like firecracker nights, but for most dog owners (and dogs) it's the worst night in the calendar.

My last doggie loved firework displays. You could see our city's display from my house. He would watch one go up then bark at it when it went off, then watch for the next one. Any of my other dogs would hate the noise.

Back