Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I give zero ****s about musicians who are convinced they should be a millionaire a hundred times over. They just make music, its not a right to make music and get rich, they act like their art is precious and intergral to life on Earth.

while songwriters’ and artists’ earnings continue to diminish

:violin

How bout they make money on touring, selling physical murchandise, going out and doing work. If people are willing to pay to see you live, buy your merch and invest in owning your music, then by all means, reap the rewards. But I can't get behind the idea that because a song they recorded once 10 years ago should make them money every single time its heard in a digital format.

"We are writing to express our concern about the ability of the next generation of creators to earn a living,"

eye-roll-in-motion-3.gif

"Three months is a long time to go unpaid, and it is unfair to ask anyone to work for nothing,"

They got paid to make the music, they can get payed to play live. What work are they doing when I watch a youtube video at three in the morning?

VAkDU5H.gif

If no one buys your records, merch or has no interest is paying to see you live, go dig a ditch you pretentious ****.

Wonder what they would say if everyone just stopped listening to them. Vanilla Ice would prolly give anything to have people give a **** about Ice Ice Baby today.

Ha just do live venues only, if people start recording it'll be a ****** recording due to feedback and etc :lol

What I got out of it was that YouTube is being cheap.
I'm sure that's 100% true, same with Spotify, I read they only pay fractions of a penny everytime a song is played :dunno

But that doesn't change my opion on the matter as a whole though.

Digging ditches is hard work! Unfortunately I'm as bad at digging ditches as I am at making music people want to hear.

:dunno

It's not your music.

I agree with that too. It's their music. Same as DC owning Batman and gets monies for anyone that wants to use Batman.

If I like a song, I'll acquire it.

Radio stations have to pay to play. Someone's youtube channel should be no different.

Someone should invent a thingy that lets you store music on it and play it over and over and you can carry it around in your pocket.

Even if YouTube add features to one's account to, say pay for video song, it is still one media to add. Mr. Green bought a few old fashion music CD to listen in the car, mostly. He can't have the hassle of buying on YouTube and definitely not iTune. With iTune, you loose that instance of a copy when ever you format or change computer. So much media out there, one can easily double, triple dip in purchase. Going to a live concert just not an option for everyone, including Mr. Green.

Maybe YouTube can charge a fee for those artist who wish to protest. But at the same time, it is a slippery slope as YouTube can be use as advertising/marketing. Another thing is that not all their songs are good for purchase.

Even if YouTube add features to one's account to, say pay for video song, it is still one media to add. Mr. Green bought a few old fashion music CD to listen in the car, mostly. He can't have the hassle of buying on YouTube and definitely not iTune. With iTune, you loose that instance of a copy when ever you format or change computer. So much media out there, one can easily double, triple dip in purchase. Going to a live concert just not an option for everyone, including Mr. Green.

Maybe YouTube can charge a fee for those artist who wish to protest. But at the same time, it is a slippery slope as YouTube can be use as advertising/marketing. Another thing is that not all their songs are good for purchase.

What next Hot Toys charge for pictures of their figures on the boards to be posted? :lol

Back