Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammit, tracking, tell me my figure has at least landed somewhere. How long can it possibly be in the sky?! It's been 10 days supposedly :gah:

Last edited:
I caved and ordered what is intended to me my one and only Iron Man, the diecast Mark IV. The price was high but lower than the other candidate I was looking at and I figured these things don't get cheaper.

Naturally I'm now looking at other Avengers figures although it was always my intention to finish a team. Thankfully none of the others apart from Cap seem to go into Iron Man price territory.

Nice! I got the original Mk IV and it would've been nice to have its heft match its look. Sadly no more Iron Menz for me.

So, The Avengers, huh... you know you can't have the team without having the villains too :monkey3

One of my collecting regrets is passing on the T1000 :gah:

*Obi-wan voice* Your insight serves you well.

I've started down a dangerous road and am indeed also contemplating Loki, Ultron and Thanos aaaaannnd maybe some of the heroes that weren't in the original 2012 lineup. :rolleyes2

Technically I was already on this road having bought Hulk when he came out. But I immediately came to a stop, switched on my hazard lights and waved everyone else to pass me while I chewed on my nails and reconsidered the wisdom of what I had done. Years later I've inched along a tiny bit and I'm worried about the way the road looks like it's dipping quite steeply ahead. Must be why all the other cars were continually vanishing from view so suddenly....

And the good ol' T-1000. He helped relieve the pain of my tonsillectomy. Very good time to receive new toys.

Wasn’t one of the Lokis that much better than the other? And the latest Black Widow the best likeness but arguably the worst look? I could have that wrong, but one of the advantages of the slow road is that it lets you make the better choices. So has Mk IV turned up yet or what?

It should be tomorrow, tracking finally updated and it is in the country. My first Hot Toys figure in about 2 years and my first Iron Man since my first Iron Man (the original Mark III, sold that many years back). I should be good with this one, I'll probably just look at new Tony Stark heads as they come out to see if they're worth buying on their own.

As far as Loki, the one from Ragnarok is probably the best - I had thought it was the 2012 Avengers one but when I saw pics of it again recently it didn't look as good as I remembered. The Thor: Dark World figure is possibly the least popular. None quite nail the likeness but there may be only so many attempts they give it.

Black Widow - I don't know if this is the consensus opinion but the Civil War figure looks to be the best, long red hair as it should be. I haven't looked in the thread for the Infinity War figure because it's not a look I would consider having on my shelf at all. I'm going for classic looks only. So I'm quite happy with the Hulk I have with the torn pants and felt no need to switch to the Spandex pants Age of Ultron figure.

Dont deal with these autograph dealers :

Piece of the Past (West and Ward confirmed in person that they were fake , some items also went "missing" , happened with another guys Rocky Horror items too....nuff said !)

entertainment-sports1967 (rumors of them going over to the dark side)

plattautographs (refuses refund , his parents sold me junk)

David Tadman (manufactures fake Bruce Lee memorabilia ?.....just like Platt he goes into hiding when you ask refund)

I hate modern day Saturday Night Live.

I mean, REALLY hate it.

It's utter garbage. Just unwatchable garbage. So why do I download it every now and then and watch it anyway? Why even bother? I don't know. Old habits I guess.

SNL used to be something really important in the US. Before the internet and memes I guess.

Now it's just a weekly showcase of cringeworthy, terribly unfunny sketches that would elicit a nervous pity chuckle on amateur improv night. The cast is made of of mostly painfully unfunny fat women and bland, interchangeable white guys. There's a loud black chick whose shtick is screaming who can barely read her lines off the cue card. But we're supposed to clap and laugh and encourage her cause she's a "person of color."

The soft bigotry of low expectations.

Christ, I get douchechills watching this dreck. Imagine being on this show and you have always wanted to be the next Sandler or Ferrell, and all you get to do is week after week of limp, stale feminist and anti-trump propaganda. It's embarrassing.

Kate Mackinnon is genuinely talented. She's pretty much the only one. And Cecily Strong, but I don't know if she's actually funny or I just like her cause I wanna bang her.

Not for me :lol
N7GFI7m.gif

Got jipped on ebay. Bought what I thought were brand new, and real, apple airpods from a seller who said he was in the US, only to receive a knockoff opened box item from China. Now I have to wait who knows how long before I get my money back for this non-sense.

The only good news out of this is the guy ripped off others, so his feedback went from 100% to now 68%.

Back