Thing bust up for preorder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would still bother me though whether it's a reject, recast, or something else. They're not legit. If I had number "75" and another "75" popped up on eBay, that's not okay, in my opinion. :lol

I do see your points though - and they very well could have been rejects. I think there's a line though and it was crossed. I wouldn't want to put myself in the position to get duped. Just my 2 cents.

There's a lot of speculation about a few pieces. I personally think the Thing bust and the Karloff Mummy bust were production pieces. In other cases like the Iron Man Comiquette the original molds were used but they weren't production pieces and they were assembled incorrectly / differently etc. And for say the Hulk / Spidey dio those were recast.

There's a lot of speculation about a few pieces. I personally think the Thing bust and the Karloff Mummy bust were production pieces. In other cases like the Iron Man Comiquette the original molds were used but they weren't production pieces and they were assembled incorrectly / differently etc. And for say the Hulk / Spidey dio those were recast.

It's crazy. I was reading months back (I think on SF,) that there's even recasts of the War Machine bust now???? Blows. My. Mind.

I've always wondered though, are details, like the bottom of the bases, still there? (ie. the Sideshow stamp, print, etc.)

There are recasts for sure of the Spider-Man Vs Hulk Dio.
Definitely the Iron-Man punching the ground and the Cyclops & Colossus Dio.
But those pieces were so popular that you can move a hundred of them easily.
A piece like this Thing wouldn't have been worth knocking off. They wouldn't be able to sell enough of them to make it worthwhile.
Now I see a lot of fakes on the 1/2 Iron-Man and the Large Avengers Hulk Maquette.

I bought a fake Iron Man Comiquette just under a year after it came out. I had no idea fakes existed, but it came with full colour box and stamped numbered base. After I bought it on ebay a member on there contacted me and warned me it might be fake. I couldn't get a refund via ebay / paypal because I needed Sideshow to confirm it wasn't a fake and they wouldn't do it. The Thing and Mummy busts are fully stamped, numbered and colour boxed but they're the only ones I've seen. The recast pieces I've seen on ebay like the Alien statues, Hulk etc only come in styro and plain shipper and aren't stamped or numbered.

Finally.. After 4 years of ebay search and forums. Got this bad boy. 114/150 image.jpeg

I'm jealous.... :(

Congrats!

Thanku sir Chap. Hope you get and find yours too. Got mine for below 1,100$. 900$ plus the shipping cost from Spain. I know the bust is only 150 made. It's expensive, but it's a beautiful piece in my humble collection. Glad i have him now.

Last edited:
I actually don't like busts at all but I would buy this. I think it's that good congrats c2close :)

Took some pictures tonight. Can't believe after 4-5 years of searching this from ebay to forums. Funny thing also, i've watch sir Pitu review of Premium format the Thing :) loved that video. And those legendary scale hulk bust. Instant classic to my playlists video. Thank you sir ondi, can't help but stare this big guy. :) here are some pics taken tonight. It's really a phenomenal bust. someone out there has TWO of these bust. Appreciate the love of this beautiful bust.image.jpegimage.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    935.4 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Back