Thing bust up for preorder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
venom1.jpg

:hi5::duff
LifeSizeBustVenom26.jpg

If it makes you feel any better i had to buy three of them before I actually got one.

1: After talking to the seller on the phone several times, and getting many pictures I went through with the purchase. I got a UPS tracking number...it never updated. No response by email. No answer by phone. Email bounced. Phone disconnected. Paypal only refunded me $200. Lesson learned.

2: The seller did not have the box. I talked to him at length about the importance of a good job packing it...asked him to just go and have it done. He assured me he "owned a comic shop" and had it under control. The box showed up half full of peanuts and a smashed Venom bust. He gave me a full refund.

3: Perfecto.

If it makes you feel any better i had to buy three of them before I actually got one.

1: After talking to the seller on the phone several times, and getting many pictures I went through with the purchase. I got a UPS tracking number...it never updated. No response by email. No answer by phone. Email bounced. Phone disconnected. Paypal only refunded me $200. Lesson learned.

2: The seller did not have the box. I talked to him at length about the importance of a good job packing it...asked him to just go and have it done. He assured me he "owned a comic shop" and had it under control. The box showed up half full of peanuts and a smashed Venom bust. He gave me a full refund.

3: Perfecto.

Ouch, must have lost a ton on that one.

How much is the going price for this bust? Thank U. Don't want to spend too much $$ but don't want to miss out a deal also. Is 1,100$ too much???

How much is the going price for this bust? Thank U. Don't want to spend too much $$ but don't want to miss out a deal also. Is 1,100$ too much???

I've been looking for this piece for YEARS. And never found a LEGIT one. There are recasts out there, so beware.

As for the price, I think that's an okay deal. Not a great deal, IMO.

And let me clarify by saying, I don't think a majority of them out there are recasts....but I think once the 'waters are muddy', it makes things a lot more difficult for the collector.

and devalues the original lots of the time. See Ironman Comiqette...

Exactly.

And honestly, I've pretty much lost my desire for the Thing bust because of the sole reason I can't tell what I'm getting. Unless, I get it from a well-repped member here, I'll likely pass. Such a shame.

There is one right now at ebay. But it's from spain. I just don't have the amount of money right now to cash out the amount of money. I know sir chapter is looking for that bust also. I've been looking for that bust since 2013 also :)) really wanting it but i wanting to make sure. I'm with talk to the guy right now, shipping is like 200+$ to US he can lower.
Best offer like 999euros like 1,200$

Just afraid like what happened to Sideshow Vader bust, suddenly they reissue the bust. But with ES of 150. Don't know if i should put the downpayment for reservation. But 1,200$ for the Bust. It's really my most wanted bust. But mannn.. That's the most expensive i've spent....

I doubt very much ssc will reproduce this bust with an ES of only 150, obviously it wasn't in that much demand. As for the price, better get use to it, soon $1000 will be the new $500...lol

Have you seen the bust in person sir? This is really one of my most wanted piece. But again, price is a factor for me. Seller also is from Spain, guy has the original
Sideshow shipper box with 99.4 positive (319) feedback. Trying to lower it to less than atleast 1,100$ ehe

This Bust is Amazing in Person and Very Underrated. I have Two of these. One I bought directly from Sideshow and one loose I bought on Ebay for $150.00 last year by Buy It Now. They are identical and absolutely not a fake.
I've never seen a Recast of this Bust or ever heard that there were Knock-offs? I'm surprised that someone said that there are fakes of this. I just don't think there is enough of a demand to knock this off? There wasn't much demand for it when it came out. Even now there aren't too many people looking for it. When it does pop up Seller's usually ask a Grand for it. Usually it takes months before it sells and some Seller's just pull the auction after having it sitting there for months.
You can probably get it cheaper if you wait it out. I have seen auctions in the past few years where there was no reserve and it sold in the Five to Six Hundred range.
If you do decide to purchase it you won't regret it. It's Amazing! The eyes and teeth look acrylic. They're not though.

Have you seen the bust in person sir? This is really one of my most wanted piece. But again, price is a factor for me. Seller also is from Spain, guy has the original
Sideshow shipper box with 99.4 positive (319) feedback. Trying to lower it to less than atleast 1,100$ ehe

I've never seen one in person, but would LOVE to own one.

This Bust is Amazing in Person and Very Underrated. I have Two of these. One I bought directly from Sideshow and one loose I bought on Ebay for $150.00 last year by Buy It Now. They are identical and absolutely not a fake.
I've never seen a Recast of this Bust or ever heard that there were Knock-offs? I'm surprised that someone said that there are fakes of this. I just don't think there is enough of a demand to knock this off? There wasn't much demand for it when it came out. Even now there aren't too many people looking for it. When it does pop up Seller's usually ask a Grand for it. Usually it takes months before it sells and some Seller's just pull the auction after having it sitting there for months.
You can probably get it cheaper if you wait it out. I have seen auctions in the past few years where there was no reserve and it sold in the Five to Six Hundred range.
If you do decide to purchase it you won't regret it. It's Amazing! The eyes and teeth look acrylic. They're not though.

Years back, a seller on eBay from China sold about 10 of these in about a 6 - 12 month span (along with every other 'grail' Sideshow had.) You wanted a SSC Balrog - the guy had 10. You wanted a Grey Hulk PF - the guy had 5. And all of these were going for MUCH less than market value - like too good to be true prices. So red flags started going up. Then (and I forgot what forum I read it on), someone bought one and the number matched that of another member who supposedly bought his from Sideshow when it first when up for sale, some years ago.

The "recasts" of this bust I'm pretty sure were extras from the original run and there weren't so many done that it ruined the value of the piece. It's still pretty damn rare even if a few extras got smuggled out of the factory.

I actually do remember that whole situation with the guy on Ebay that had multiples on all the Grail Pieces. It was greatly discussed on all the sites at that time.
But yeah, they weren't recasts or knock-offs. It was speculated that they were possibly returns or defective one's or just factory samples taken from the China Factory.
The bottom of their bases were the real noticeable issues. They were unmarked or had writings that were different from the released products. Some pieces were painted badly too so they were probably paint rejects.
But they were the real deal. To create a quality knock-off actually costs a lot too. You'd have to sell a bunch of them to make your money back. Definitely more than just a handful.

Back