There is still some heart left in the world

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can identify with this kid.
I got a VIP backstage tour at Ozzfest one time and was fortunate enough to hold one of Randy Rhoads' guitars that was sitting in Zakk Wylde's guitar rack.
No way in hell could I ever play like either of them, but they gave me a moment to feel "special" anyway.

...... til that roadie snatched it away from me and gave me a wedgie til I cried and told me I was talentless and would never amount to anything... :monkey2

Did they at least let you watch them ^^^^ a groupie?

This story reminds me of something that happened in a hospital waiting room about 8 or 9 years ago. I was waiting with my son to get blood work done for him. And, as I said, he was very young, 1 or 2 at the most. A lady came in with a child that had severe Down's Syndrome. I almost felt sorry for the child because the mom was seriously over protective of him. As if she was afraid to offend anyone by her son getting too close to them. And I could tell by the expressions on their faces that others in the waiting room noticed and felt badly for both the child and his mom.

After about 5 minutes, she let her guard down just a little and her son ventured to within a few inches of me with my son sitting on my knee. And though I have to admit that I had reservations about how my own son would react as he was a little skittish back then, I just watched as I am familiar with the condition and every single person that I have ever met with Down's are all incredibly kind and happy most of the time so I had no issue with the situation. Everyone in the waiting room was staring to see what would happen. The lady looked up and saw her son near mine and did a double take and just at that moment my son leaned over, grabbed the child and gave him a huge, warm hug.

There were tears in a few sets of eyes in that waiting room that day.

Back