The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very surprised that Bryan won last night, just because the odds were really against both champs winning their matches. Less than half of the times the Elim. Chamber matches were held previously champs kept their titles, and it was a foregone conclusion that Punk was gonna win. I figured the powers that be would prefer to have Seamus fight Barrett or even Rhodes at Wrestlemania. Given, it's gonna be the 4th most important match at the PPV, but still, it's a championship match, and Daniel Bryan is a small guy, he's not totally over by my observations, and it still doesn't really seem like they know what they're doing with him.

I'm glad to see that he won, though. I've seen him wrestle enough in ROH and now WWE to know he's as good as any one else out there today, and it's nice to have champs that can actually put on a great match every time out. Looking forward to tomorrow's Bryan/Punk round two matchup.

The only person i dislike more than Cena is the rock. And its painful that everything Cena says about The Rock i agree with. The Rock albeit a true wrestling legend is killing the hype for the match by never ever being there. He is killing John Cena because Cena has nothing to do but to fill time while his inevitable Wrestlemania opponent makes a throw away comment once every few weeks.

I can also see why the fans cheer The Rock. But at the moment its undeserved. He comes back after giving the wwe universe no time and gets treated like a god. Cena is always there and does everything and gets booed.

Very good points across the board. But the WWE always points to Wrestlemania as their "Hollywood" moment as well, so having the Rock there wrestling with increase buyrates and shoot ratings through the roof. I think Vince figured going in that The Rock was just NOT going to be around and probably expected that.

John Cena however is respected by all the "smarks". So even though he is boo'ed on TV (either by just plain Cena-haters and fans just going with the flow), Cena is widely respected by the smart fans for his work-rate, professionalism and dedication.

I used to not like Cena but he slowly grew on me. Do I like his "character"? Nah, not really and I'd probably boo him at a show too. But I respect the man and his dedication to the craft, the business and even to being the "top guy" as he has carried the WWE the past few years in light of guys like Austin, Rock and Triple H.

Cena isn't getting boo'ed, his character is. Just keep that in mind.

Really good Raw. Strangely my favourite part of the whole show was watching CM Punk fangirl getting all giddy when he was walking towards her and then her reaction when he said something to her and touched her hand. Heart warming!

And poor wade... broken arm maybe? Wrist? I stop motioned the incident and it doesnt look good.

Really good Raw. Strangely my favourite part of the whole show was watching CM Punk fangirl getting all giddy when he was walking towards her and then her reaction when he said something to her and touched her hand. Heart warming!

And poor wade... broken arm maybe? Wrist? I stop motioned the incident and it doesnt look good.

Whatever happened to Wade didn't look good. That's for sure.

I'm actually glad Jericho won tonight. It should make for a nice matchup with Punk. The last 30 minutes or so really made the night for me.

Of the current matches on the card for Wrestlemania im going to think

Cena > Rock (For Summerslam rematch reasons)
Punk > Jericho (Fozzy Reasons)
Shaemus > DB
Triple H > Taker (all of this "end it" talk)

I also think they are setting up Cody Vs Show as theyve been feuding for the last few weeks. I assume Shaq is too late. Maybe a Tamina Vs Phoenix rematch

Very good points across the board. But the WWE always points to Wrestlemania as their "Hollywood" moment as well, so having the Rock there wrestling with increase buyrates and shoot ratings through the roof. I think Vince figured going in that The Rock was just NOT going to be around and probably expected that.

John Cena however is respected by all the "smarks". So even though he is boo'ed on TV (either by just plain Cena-haters and fans just going with the flow), Cena is widely respected by the smart fans for his work-rate, professionalism and dedication.

I used to not like Cena but he slowly grew on me. Do I like his "character"? Nah, not really and I'd probably boo him at a show too. But I respect the man and his dedication to the craft, the business and even to being the "top guy" as he has carried the WWE the past few years in light of guys like Austin, Rock and Triple H.

Cena isn't getting boo'ed, his character is. Just keep that in mind.

Smart fans :lol

John Cena, as a real guy and a sports entertainer im sure he is a really nice guy. Id go for a drink with him. Be his friend. Id trust him to have my back. But when its him wrestling or babestation im not going to choose him.

The promos between The Rock and Cena are interesting. I'm a big Rock fan but I think Cena is winning in the promo war since he is speaking from the heart and The Rock is just creating lame trends or chants on Twitter.

Im sooo sick of The Rock. He may as well not be back. He speaks for about 20% of his promos. 50% are excuses to get something trending on twitter by waiting so long to speak the audience has to start chanting something and 30% is kissing the fans ass because he needs to in order for him not to get lame fast as every promo since his return has been the same. And not to mention he looked like a cowardly bully last night. He called out Cena mocking him with his "friends" the wwe universe like he was the cool kid then Cena come out retaliated stood looked him in the face (and rock was the only one to look phased) and walked off after pwning him. And The Rock didnt say anything until after Cena had gone. Like a cowardly bully would in school.

Echoing the above sentiments. Rocky just appeared disingenuous with all the "trending" talk & needlessly catering to the fans. Seriously who gives a ____? Then all the talk about how you have to fight for yourself then ends it by saying that while Cena will fight for the people in the back & he'll be fighting for the fans, contradicting himself. I can see a Hart/Austin end to their match just so no one comes out looking weak.

Looks like The Rock had some notes written down for his promo.

rocknotes.jpg

430674_10150698819530406_510165405_11873380_420716023_n.jpg

Yeah, it was funny that Cena called him out on that when he came out.

Yeah I can tell that Rock was visibly shaken after Cena left. I never seen Rock stumble through his words like that. I like the Rock but no way in hell is he that good of an actor. I know that Samoan temper very well and we was legit pissed.

WrestleMania III silver anniversary......

Also 20 yrs since WM8 : Undertaker vs Jake the Snake......2-0

Yeah , the "Rock" concert gave me a few chuckles.....lulz :D

Looks like The Rock had some notes written down for his promo.

rocknotes.jpg
LOL I heard Cena's comments, but didn't see that. Funny. Rock and Cena were both pretty good last week IMO. Cena wasn't a bad bad guy way back in the day.

My wife is a huge Rock fan, and claims that we'll be ordering WM this year. I watched it live every year from WM 11 until I went off to college with a friend of mine (along with most other PPVs), but haven't been able to justify the price considering the product for several years now. Still hard to believe that Bryan Danielson and CM Punk will be champions going into Wrestlemania, even though their matches are far from the legitimate main events of the show this year. Reminiscent of that glorious day when Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit both walked out of WM with the titles :monkey2

Apparently Cena was in a small car accident this morning.

WWE needs to capitalize on this with the return of Rikishi. He did it for da people. He did it for The Rock.:lol

Back