The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just in case no one saw it, Daniel Bryan won the Smackdown World Championship on Sunday. Big Show beat Mark Henry, Henry beat Big Show up with weapons after the match, then Bryan cashed in his Money in the Bank and pinned Big Show.

I don't like that the Money in the Bank leads these guys to win championships they don't have to earn. It makes the title feel illegitimate, particularly when a babyface wins. The Edge win years ago was OK, because it fit his personality pretty well, but with Bryan, it feels cheap, and until/unless he defends his title against serious competition, I don't think the fans are gonna treat him like a genuine champion.

Still, nice to see a guy I've enjoyed for several years finally reaching the near-pinnacle of professional wrestling (winning the Raw title is the true pinnacle, of course). I was hoping a Punk/Bryan Wrestlemania match could have been in the cards, but alas. . .

It's more annoying when Cole mentions twitter, but they're hyping up their WWE Interaction or whatever it is.

MITB was very decent, Raw was allright this week but they seriously need some new, better writers.

It's gets annoying when WWE mentions Twitter all the time.
I noticed that too, and had a similar thought. :lol Who gives a ____ if you're more popular on "social media" than some other lame shows or actors? What has that got to do with the price of tea in China?

Also, WWE 24/7 is showing the Money in the Bank PPV where Cena fought Punk in Chicago, so I just saw that match last night. Glorious. Too bad they screwed up the storyline like the always do.

It looks like WWE is hinting at a John Cena heel turn as of late. With Piper and Kane putting stuff in his head along with other hints in the last few weeks. I admit it would be cool if it happened but I think WWE is just teasing the fans. I seriously doubt he'll be heel since WWE is making so much money in merchandise sales. Love him or hate him the man brings in lots of money. Plus I heard the CM Punk Raw ratings are not very good when he's on so that's even more reason to keep Cena a face. At least until another superstar comes along and can draw huge like Cena and take his place.

Haven't kept up with WWE in awhile but I'm so glade to see Kane wearing his mask again. The new Army of Two type mask he wears during his entrance is really cool.

I could swear I've seen that Army of Two style mask somewhere before.

Wish Kane would've said "Hash tag Cena Sucks. Hash tag Cena Sucks." to keep with their Twitter theme.

Last night I watched Raw in full for the first time since the football season started.

-Punk/Ziggler was pretty good. I'd like to see them have a longer match on a PPV.

-Jericho's return was okay. It didn't take me nearly as long as the live crowd to realize he was trying to illicit a heel reaction.

-The end with the fire coming out of the ring was classic cheesy pro wrestling.:)

Last night I watched Raw in full for the first time since the football season started.

-Punk/Ziggler was pretty good. I'd like to see them have a longer match on a PPV.

-Jericho's return was okay. It didn't take me nearly as long as the live crowd to realize he was trying to illicit a heel reaction.

-The end with the fire coming out of the ring was classic cheesy pro wrestling.:)

Pretty good? They didn't even apply their rules. You cannot win the title by countout.

I liked how Jericho came in to loud face reaction and then left as a major heel without saying crap. Gotta admit the man is good at what he does. :lol

He wasn't announced as champion nor recognized as so by the announcers. Just a heel stealing the face's belt.:huh

You're forgetting John L said that Punk is defending his title vs Ziggler at the RR. In turn, well you know what Punk said :yess:

He wasn't announced as champion nor recognized as so by the announcers. Just a heel stealing the face's belt.:huh

It was only until quite some time later the WWE themselves actually said he's not the champion. They gave it to him for a while.

I liked how Jericho came in to loud face reaction and then left as a major heel without saying crap. Gotta admit the man is good at what he does. :lol

:exactly::goodpost: I can't believe what I'm reading on the wrestling boards that they can't believe what's going on.

I knew the moment he dropped the mic and went up the ramp, I said Brillant! he's playing everybody for a fool, and he is going to be the ultimate Heel once more! :lol

It looks like WWE is hinting at a John Cena heel turn as of late. With Piper and Kane putting stuff in his head along with other hints in the last few weeks. I admit it would be cool if it happened but I think WWE is just teasing the fans. I seriously doubt he'll be heel since WWE is making so much money in merchandise sales. Love him or hate him the man brings in lots of money. Plus I heard the CM Punk Raw ratings are not very good when he's on so that's even more reason to keep Cena a face. At least until another superstar comes along and can draw huge like Cena and take his place.

Yeah, and I can't think of a better time for Cena to turn heel is...wait for it.....WrestleMania in front of the Rock! You know that would be a huge moment in WWE, just as big as when Hogan went to the NWO! :lecture

I'd make Cena a heel slightly before WM. Kane becomes the Paul Bearer of Cena, which eventually leads into a tag match between Kane & Cena against The Rock & Undertaker who'll most likely be back by then. And knowing the WWE, if that happens, they'll have Cena turn face again with help of the Rock at WM.

I'd make Cena a heel slightly before WM. Kane becomes the Paul Bearer of Cena, which eventually leads into a tag match between Kane & Cena against The Rock & Undertaker who'll most likely be back by then. And knowing the WWE, if that happens, they'll have Cena turn face again with help of the Rock at WM.

Nah, only if The Rock wasn't involved in WM, would that idea work, it's the biggest stage the WWE has to offer. Besides more than likely, Undertaker vs HHH part 2 will happen at WM.

Vince always wants to make his mark, and a Cena Heel turn at WM would be the best way.

But I can see the Undertaker getting involved with Cena before mania, because Cena has two more ppvs before WM to get the WWE title back for a title match at WM against the Rock.

I didn't really find the Undertaker/HHH match at Wrestlemania that good. :dunno

I also think it's funny how Trip is saying that the "OMG" moment of 2011 was when "the streak" ended. :slap

I also would like to mention how much I like using ".

That is all.

Back