The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shield as face could do a whole lot more than they could being heel. I'd prefer them to be a team of their own instead of someone's enforcer, aswell.

I like Cesaro being with Heyman now. So does HHH reform Evolution with Kane taking Flairs place? Will Bryant form a new "clique" with The Shield? I don't think Cena is out of the picture at all either...where does he fit in? A Heel turn may be coming but everyone over 13 and male boo him now anyways. I see no way Brock doesn't get the belt after ending the Streak but how long does Vince wait? I like the Wyatts and hope the 3 stick together. The Freebirds on meth.

Obviously Taker is pretty much the only one who calls the shot in regards To his booking, not HHH not even Vince. My issue with Lesner is not that he's a part timer. Regardless if the two like eachother, Lesner has no respect for the business. He's been handed everything he ever had on a silver platter. He's lazy, overplayed and overbooked he's always been this way. He's always had one foot out the door his entire career looking for something better and only came crawling back when he became incapable of being a legit fighter in the UFc, former champ or not.

You can sure as hell bet this means nothing that he will still show up twice a year even if they give him rhe belt and heyman will be the only one you see.

While I agree in principal that an up and comer should have broken the Streak no one would have been worthy and it would have put a lot of heat on that person. Cena is the furthest thing from an up and comer, he's been the guy for a decade now. The fans would have turned on Bryan had it been him, hhh breaking it would have given him heat not ultimately made the fans despise him more since he pretty much runs the show and has had a history of overbooking himself.

Michaels was in recent history, the only deserving one. If it went to Kane as Taker wanted it to for years it would have been pointless unless he was retiring, Kane has been underrated his entire career and could have used a good going out moment. Right now Kane is the only worthy person I can think of.

Ultimately I just conclude that actually no one should have been the one to end the streak, it didn't need to be broken he could have beat sting next year and the year after that faced Bryan or Cena or orton, someone who defines this generation, and beat them but retired after.

Lesnar has a good deal of respect for the business. Not to the extent of the other guys (like Hart, Taker, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, etc.), but he certainly does...

The problem is that during Brock Lesnar's initial run was when he saw and was exposed to what HE is doing right now.

Brock was burned out and beat up by the road schedule because he was a huge star and on most of the cards and regularly fighting big guys like Big Show, Undertaker and Kurt Angle. But the main kicker was when he saw BILL GOLDBERG come into the WWE and get BETTER PAY and a LIVE EVENTS ONLY deal (Raw, Smackdown and PPVs ONLY!). It was a similar contract to what Nash, Hall and Hogan got in 2002 and lots of wrestlers were extremely envious of it. A lot of people believe Goldberg's deal was what led to Brock Lesnar to begin to get more verbal and complain backstage. This was also a time when friction began to grow between Paul Heyman (then head writer of a superior Smackdown product) and the McMahons (namely Stephanie). Heyman is one of Brock's biggest supporters and helped groom him into the monster character he is today (they are personal friends too). Heyman and the McMahon's disagreements eventually led to Heyman's removal from head writer of Smackdown in 2004 and I'm sure that ticked Brock a bit too. Smackdown (under Heyman) was successfully beating the "flagship" RAW in viewership and this caused a bit of jealousy by the McMahons, especially so when the McMahons also shoved the Hogan/Mr.America character vs. Vince McMahon into Heyman's Smackdown.

It was around all this backstage drama that Brock Lesnar eventually resigned.

He raised his stock by trying a stint out with the Minnesota Vikings and then furthered it by joining the UFC and becoming a SUCCESSFUL Heavyweight Champion there. Unfortunately for Brock, his stomach illness has caused some permanent damage in which he probably can never compete at the level he once had. Hence, with a buffed-up resume and commanding more star power than ever before, Brock was able to return to the WWE under HIS terms.

I wish he would be around more because he seriously is one of my favorite guys on there today. The scary, unbelievable BEAST of a heel who can demolish anyone and anything in his path. I actually think WWE plans to try and get him further involved or sweeten the deal to get him to stick around longer. That's probably partially why he was allowed to beat the Streak.

Usually the crowd is 50/50 with Cena, but lately it's been 75% boos and 25% cheers. I know it's mentioned a lot, but I think John Cena really should turn heel soon.

If Brock isn't going full time, the rub of ending the streak seems wasted. Why not have Batista beat Taker? Or Jericho? Seemed like it was poorly thought out, UNLESS Taker knows this was his last go round and used his clout to hand pick the person to do him in. Always nice to see them try to freshen things up, but they never have the patience to stick with it. They need to think and plan way past the next pay per view. You can always tell when they panic as that is when the Macmahon family start inserting themselves back in the storylines.

"According to PWInsider.com, there has been a lot of talk over the past week as to who the new Paul Heyman guy will be in WWE. Cesaro wasn't an initial lock as the company debated several names, but in the end the decision was made to pair Heyman with Cesaro following Cesaro's big Andre the Giant Battle Royal win at WrestleMania.

Heyman needed someone new to represent because Brock Lesnar will indeed be taking another hiatus from WWE following his match against Undertaker at 'Mania, and his appearance on Raw last night."

Oh joy.

Watched Raw for the first time in years last night. Had to check it out after that Wrestlemania. I really enjoyed it. I don't know most of the guys anymore, but got an impression of them. I can see becoming a Bray Wyatt fan pretty fast. I've never seen anyone quite like him. I think he should've gotten the rub at Mania, but it doesn't look like the loss hurt his momentum. Don't know Cesaro, but the dude is legit strong. With Heyman as the mouth piece, that'll be interesting. First time seeing the Shield and liked the little bit I got. I can see why everyone's talking about that Roman cat. That dude's got a great look and moves well. Can he talk? A fun show. My first real taste of the whole "YES!" thing. That's pretty nuts. Little guy is really over. I didn't get to see much of his mic skills or in ring work, but the fans sure love him. I assume the reactions to most of the show were the crowd hijacking because I heard a bunch of random crap being chanted and guys getting boos that probably weren't suppose to. I knew Cena had been getting mixed reactions, but damn he got booed out of the building. That's not normal is it?

Jesus Christ, man. Just got a phone call with the news. I'm utterly stunned and shaking.

Noticed the man was pretty gassed out after cutting that rather good promo. Heart issues?

Last edited:
Man this is very sad. One of my favorites of all time. I feel so sorry for his wife and especially his young daughters who accompanied him to the hall of fame.

That sucks, but sadly, considering the sad history of tragedy in this profession, I'm not the least bit surprised by it. RIP.

DSC_0206_zpsd6ff05b9.jpg

Once he puts on the mask he talks about how every man's heart beats it's final beat...

So clearly a suicide speach...

"Every mans heart one day beats it's final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath and if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others then his essence and spirit will be immortalized "

The way he talked about his daughters, I'm doubting suicide. His wife was extremely emotional at the HOF, though. Illness, perhaps?

Seems really odd to happen the night immediately following that big public appearance. I would assume suicide at this point, but with wrestlers you just never know. Lots of those guys who juiced heavily and had addictions to pain killers died of heart attacks of course.

What a shock. He did not look well during that interview, wow. Looked like he was ready to pass out in the ring. He'll always be remembered for that great match with Hogan, one of the greatest Wrestlemania moments ever.

Back