The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone has complained for the last few years how predictable Mania has become, well no one saw that coming. I have no doubt Taker ended the streak on his own terms, and any time I am genuinely shocked anymore in wrestling I consider it good booking.

One thing is for sure, I'll never forget where I was the day the Streak was broken.

Wow, they have a part timer beat Taker? Thought his loss would be a big passing the torch moment. I guess that Sting match isn't happening now? I have a feeling Taker asked for this unexpectedly at the last minute because the buildup made no sense.[/QUOTE
Of all the people to end the Streak? Some punk UFC reject:lol WWE you disgust me!:gah::lol

Undertaker is my favorite and to be honest I knew the streak would end someday, however, I was hoping it would be from a young up-and-comer who is a full-time employee that WWE can build into a mega star in the years to come.

...The year Paul Bearer dies and they kill the streak with it. And of all freaking people it had to be that meathead Lesnar..

What a move between Orton and Dave, loved it, as for WrestleMania, meh, kinda shocked the streak ended, now Sting to debut tomorrow :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, they have a part timer beat Taker? Thought his loss would be a big passing the torch moment. I guess that Sting match isn't happening now? I have a feeling Taker asked for this unexpectedly at the last minute because the buildup made no sense.[/QUOTE
Of all the people to end the Streak? Some punk UFC reject:lol WWE you disgust me!:gah::lol

ufc reject? you do mean former ufc heavyweight champ and a guy who unified the belts right? I sincerely doubt taker 'asked for this last minute'; the guy wrestles once a year and this is the only angle he had to think about..ppl complaining he's a part timer need to realize thats what the business is composed of now..hogan, the rock, batista, lesnar, austin when he comes back, jericho…these guys help the business aspect of things and are bigger names and add to the big picture..plus this wouldn't happen with taker's say-so..

ufc reject? you do mean former ufc heavyweight champ and a guy who unified the belts right? I sincerely doubt taker 'asked for this last minute'; the guy wrestles once a year and this is the only angle he had to think about..ppl complaining he's a part timer need to realize thats what the business is composed of now..hogan, the rock, batista, lesnar, austin when he comes back, jericho…these guys help the business aspect of things and are bigger names and add to the big picture..plus this wouldn't happen with taker's say-so..
Relax Man:wave I know how the Wrestling game works.:lol As for Brock, never cared for him as a Ufc fighter or Wrestler.:thud:

Lesnar has been breaking records or making huge impacts most of his career. Out of everyone who has returned so far, Brock is the most believable and most dangerous. WWE has done a good job of handling his character, unlike Batista who has sort of been shoved down fan's throats since his return. Just got back and winning the Royal Rumble? Yeah right.

Obviously, Undertaker was fine with it. And knowing Taker's backstage ideals of "respect" and "earning it", I honestly don't think he was going to lose to an "up and comer". Besides...who would it be? D-Bry? Nah. John Cena? Maybe. But he's too much of a cartoon character. Kane? No real reason to other than respect. Shawn Michaels? Not a chance...he retired after his matches and Taker hated Michaels more than anyone backstage.

Brock is intense...one of the last of the real, believable and dangerous wrestlers/entertainers the WWE has. Yes, it's a shame he's part-time because he should be the machine that no one wants to mess with. His first run was much like that.

Lesnar has been breaking records or making huge impacts most of his career. Out of everyone who has returned so far, Brock is the most believable and most dangerous. WWE has done a good job of handling his character, unlike Batista who has sort of been shoved down fan's throats since his return. Just got back and winning the Royal Rumble? Yeah right.

Obviously, Undertaker was fine with it. And knowing Taker's backstage ideals of "respect" and "earning it", I honestly don't think he was going to lose to an "up and comer". Besides...who would it be? D-Bry? Nah. John Cena? Maybe. But he's too much of a cartoon character. Kane? No real reason to other than respect. Shawn Michaels? Not a chance...he retired after his matches and Taker hated Michaels more than anyone backstage.

Brock is intense...one of the last of the real, believable and dangerous wrestlers/entertainers the WWE has. Yes, it's a shame he's part-time because he should be the machine that no one wants to mess with. His first run was much like that.

exactly..only other guy woulda been the stinger.

Obviously Taker is pretty much the only one who calls the shot in regards To his booking, not HHH not even Vince. My issue with Lesner is not that he's a part timer. Regardless if the two like eachother, Lesner has no respect for the business. He's been handed everything he ever had on a silver platter. He's lazy, overplayed and overbooked he's always been this way. He's always had one foot out the door his entire career looking for something better and only came crawling back when he became incapable of being a legit fighter in the UFc, former champ or not.

You can sure as hell bet this means nothing that he will still show up twice a year even if they give him rhe belt and heyman will be the only one you see.

While I agree in principal that an up and comer should have broken the Streak no one would have been worthy and it would have put a lot of heat on that person. Cena is the furthest thing from an up and comer, he's been the guy for a decade now. The fans would have turned on Bryan had it been him, hhh breaking it would have given him heat not ultimately made the fans despise him more since he pretty much runs the show and has had a history of overbooking himself.

Michaels was in recent history, the only deserving one. If it went to Kane as Taker wanted it to for years it would have been pointless unless he was retiring, Kane has been underrated his entire career and could have used a good going out moment. Right now Kane is the only worthy person I can think of.

Ultimately I just conclude that actually no one should have been the one to end the streak, it didn't need to be broken he could have beat sting next year and the year after that faced Bryan or Cena or orton, someone who defines this generation, and beat them but retired after.

I hope they let Bryan keep the title for awhile. Knowing WWE they might have him lose the title tonight or next ppv.

Man I don't know where to start, sod that I will start with HHH's awesome entrance I loved that.

The opening match was the best match of the night I felt and Triple H really put Bryan over solid and in typical Heel fashion gave the babyface a 'you won the battle but you ain't winning the war' post match kicking which only added extra buzz to the Triple Threat Match. (Usually I would have thought that after that post-match beat down that Bryan would be a lock for the Belt but the events of the Lesnar/Taker match really got me thinking that they might have Bryan lose as well).

Why was Hogan host again? Sure the opening segment with the 'Holy Trinity' was good but Hogan did not even appear for the Andre Battle Royal. I thought he would have at least given the winner the Trophy. But I'm sure he got a big fat pay cheque anyways 'Brother'.

Cena vs. Wyatt was a let-down for me and Wyatt's entrance to me looked out of character. It looked more Voodoo like as opposed to Cult leader. I wanted a Wickerman type entrance, flowers girls and hippies dancing around on stage and then their leader appears.

The rest of the show was good but nothing of any real note. Although the lack of vocal support that the WARRIOR got when he appeared on the ramp was a bit disheartening. :(

Taker/Brock man where to begin? The build up to the match had been shocking and a HUGE let-down but I always said to myself that the will have a great match together but I was wrong the match sucked and was really boring up until the ending. The crowd was also very flat BUT that is all now irrelevant as the ending overshadowed everything. To me Brock was the best candidate to end it and if an up and comer were to be the one then so what? What would it have achieved?

This way a guy who is already hated and now can become an UBER heel and be the WM gatekeeper. The man who you now face at WM as the guy who holds the legacy of the Streak as opposed to some rookie who may have fallen to the pressure and the public backlash that the one that 'defeated' the Undertakers Streak was always going to get. This is something that Brock can handle easily on the show and in real life. I also look forward to hearing from Paulie on RAW.

The Main Event was really good and Bryan deserves the win and his WM moment but that will be overshadowed by the Streak ending I feel.

On a side note -

1 - Why did Taker not induct Paul bearer? I know Taker is highly protective of his gimmick but come on he could have said something at least?
2 - WM really should be a 3 hour show and Vince should take it back to smaller arenas. The atmosphere in these big stadiums is always lost and the crowd always seems burned out from the 4 plus hour events.
3 - Hogan getting the Stadium name wrong , :rotfl

Overall a really good WM and Raw should be interesting.

Roman Reigns the one who should've ended the Streak, and the Reasons are Obvious

1- Undertaker was taken out a year ago by the hands of the Shield after Assasulting The Undertaker, so it's perfect sense for Taker to Challenge the best of the Shield who is Reigns.

2- Roman Reigns is The Future of WWE, Dominante in Survivor Series & Royal Rumble, and should've been the guy to end the streak.

I was there last night, and so my impression on things is probably a bit different than if I had been watching on television (where you get better, closer shots on TV, the crowd around you isn't biasing things as much, WWE's sound crew is better able to isolate out the sounds relevant to the match, you get commentary, etc.), but it felt like a pretty freaking epic show. Crowd was really into several parts of the show, from Cesaro's break from the Americans and battle royal win, to the Hogan/Rock/Austin thing, to Bryan's wins (obviously), etc. For me, the biggest moments were Austin coming out (where I totally geeked out, having no idea that was going to happen), the Bryan, HHH, and Undertaker entrances (70,000+ doing the "Yes" chants in tandem during the first Bryan entrance produced a a very odd feeling that is probably akin to an ancient army doing a battle chant prior to war), and of course, the end of the Undertaker match. I did also feel that the Cena/Wyatt match was kind of disappointing, though the atmosphere with the band playing them to the ring was pretty great. The audience did seem a bit dead for the Undertaker match itself, except for his ring entrance which is always an event. Because that was the one match everyone assumed they knew the outcome for. When Brock got the first F-5, I didn't even blink, because I just knew he wasn't going to win. When it ended, I was as dumbstruck as everyone else, and thought I was missing something. This is the biggest wrestling moment since the Montreal Screwjob in my opinion, and so it was nice to have been there when it happened. But after it was over my friend and I regretted that we didn't pay more attention to the match, considering. . .we blew a lot of it off. And of course, that did dampen the main event a bit, but it was still great, and the audience was totally into the "Yes" chants. Amazing show live. I look forward to watching the highlights again at home.

WWE has done a good job of handling his character, unlike Batista who has sort of been shoved down fan's throats since his return. Just got back and winning the Royal Rumble? Yeah right.
Well I do think he was handled better than Batista--who was only really handled wrong in that he doesn't have whatever little he had before--but having him lose to Cena in his first match back, and then suggesting he could only beat Punk by cheating/getting him distracted didn't really make him feel like a significant threat to UT last night to me. They should have done a better job of making his potential win believable, particularly considering that he did win. But then again, they couldn't have had a scenario that was more shocking and unexpected than the lackluster buildup to WM ending like it did last night. . .

Man I don't know where to start, sod that I will start with HHH's awesome entrance I loved that.
I thought the wacky skull and armor bit was cool, but my buddy thought it was kind of silly. But the part of the entrance that actually seemed more impressive to me being there was when his traditional entrance started, and the green lasers were flying all over the place. It seemed really epic somehow, and of course, he's a kind of icon at this point considering all he's done over the last 15 years or so. So like Undertaker's entrance, those were things that pulled on the nostalgia strings.

Too bad we didn't see Austin stun Hogan, though.

Roman Reigns the one who should've ended the Streak, and the Reasons are Obvious

1- Undertaker was taken out a year ago by the hands of the Shield after Assasulting The Undertaker, so it's perfect sense for Taker to Challenge the best of the Shield who is Reigns.

2- Roman Reigns is The Future of WWE, Dominante in Survivor Series & Royal Rumble, and should've been the guy to end the streak.
I would like to have seen Cesaro do it eventually, but neither of those guys has really shown they have what it takes to be main eventers. However, I'm much more familiar with Cesaro's range and abilities in the ring (from ROH stuff, to NXT, to the stuff we see on Raw, Smackdown, and PPVs), and on that measure, he surely has what it takes. Same really goes for Seth Rollins. On the other hand, Reigns hasn't had the opportunity to really show me how he'll handle a big match or to stand on his own really, so I'm reserving judgment at the moment. But he's got the look, and he's pretty good in the ring in the kinds of matches he's been in thus far.

Back