The Worst Movie Critic Ever?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some people wake up every morning to just hate on everything and bring those around them down into the ____ty life they live and create for themselves.
Some of them are active members here.

This one just happens to have the access to post movie reviews online.

some people wake up every morning to just hate on everything and bring those around them down into the ____ty life they live and create for themselves.
Some of them are active members here.

This one just happens to have the access to post movie reviews online.

This fits the person I mentioned beforehand 100%.

It's well known that he reviews like this to get hits on his site.

Interesting. It's working cause I am starting to read all of his reviews.

His There Will Be Blood review:
"'No!' is the first word spoken in There Will Be Blood, and it should be the last said in response to Paul Thomas Anderson’s latest pretend epic."

Armond White. Has anyone heard of this guy? Normally I don't take critics reviews seriously, but this guy's reviews are crazy! He is notorious for horrible reviews but he is one of the most commented on and frequented reviewers on Rotten Tomatoes. Check this out:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/author/author-2725/

He gave "Rotten" or negative reviews to:

The Dark Knight
Iron Man
District 9
Up
Wall-E
Star Trek
The Hangover
Watchmen
Sherlock Holmes
There Will Be Blood
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Revolutionary Road
Inglorious Basterds
Away We Go
The Wrestler
Zodiac
Che
Milk
Eastern Promises
3:10 to Yuma
Sweeney Todd
Doubt
Gran Torino
Invictus
I Love You, Man
Public Enemies
Before the Devil Knows Your Dead
I'm Not There
Gone Baby Gone
Up in the Air
Son of Rambow
The Road
The Princess and the Frog
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
The Messenger
Precious
Shutter Island
Knocked Up
An Education
In Bruges
State of Play
The Informant!
4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days
Thirst
Sunshine
Michael Clayton
Cloverfield
Vicky Christina Barcelona
Frozen River
Slumdog Millionaire
(500) Days of Summer
The Class
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

He gave "Fresh" or positive reviews to:

GI Joe: Rise of the Cobra
Dance Flick
Gentlemen Broncos
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Land of the Lost
Lions for Lambs
Next Day Air
Confessions of a Shopaholic
Bedtime Stories
Transporter 3
Death Race
Swing Vote
Never Back Down
Tyler Perry's Why Did I get Married?
War
I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Reading some of his reviews are hilarious! And not in a good way...he says about GI Joe: Rise of the Cobra:

"G.I. Joe must be understood as an authentic measurement of our cultural values. Its appeal to the pop-commercial synapses also demonstrates livelier filmmaking than such utter banality as Iron Man and Star Trek and Harry Potter’s Half-Blooded Chintz." :lol :lol

i guess you can see gives out goodies and who don't

Armond takes himself very seriously. He also tends to hate what everyone loves and loves what everyone hates. It's no different than loving something just because everyone loves it. He follows the pattern, simply in reverse. I honestly think he believes that if everyone likes something it must automatically be bad, because they aren't as smart as he is. They are, after all, the unwashed masses. This is not all that unusual for a New York based movie critic, but he takes it to the extreme. And yes, I'd gladly say he's the worst movie critic out there right now, except I can generally use his reviews to be sure whether or not I'll like something. If he gives it a bad review, it's a must see for me! And anything he gives a good review, I know I can steer clear of. What more can you ask?

Armond White. Has anyone heard of this guy? Normally I don't take critics reviews seriously, but this guy's reviews are crazy! He is notorious for horrible reviews but he is one of the most commented on and frequented reviewers on Rotten Tomatoes. Check this out:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/author/author-2725/

He gave "Rotten" or negative reviews to:

The Dark Knight
Iron Man
District 9
Up
Wall-E
Star Trek
The Hangover
Watchmen
Sherlock Holmes
There Will Be Blood
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Revolutionary Road
Inglorious Basterds
Away We Go
The Wrestler
Zodiac
Che
Milk
Eastern Promises
3:10 to Yuma
Sweeney Todd
Doubt
Gran Torino
Invictus
I Love You, Man
Public Enemies
Before the Devil Knows Your Dead
I'm Not There
Gone Baby Gone
Up in the Air
Son of Rambow
The Road
The Princess and the Frog
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
The Messenger
Precious
Shutter Island
Knocked Up
An Education
In Bruges
State of Play
The Informant!
4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days
Thirst
Sunshine
Michael Clayton
Cloverfield
Vicky Christina Barcelona
Frozen River
Slumdog Millionaire
(500) Days of Summer
The Class
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

I love all the movies in bold. The others I actually haven't seen yet.
Man, I must be a bad movie watcher according to him. :monkey2:lol

EDIT: It seems like he hates almost every film nominated for best picture this year. What does he consider best picture then? In addition, he doesn't seem to like a single Pixar film. YIKES! :(

Last edited:
I didn't like "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead". It was ok, nothing special.

As far as this reviewer, it would be nice to see everyone ignore him. Its obvious he's a troll.

He reminds me of a co-worker I used to have that "hated" pretty much anything that was popular among most people because he thought it made him look cool or something.

yep, this guy's a troll for sure.

the other "film critic" on rotten tomatoes i despise is nick schaeger of slant magazine. if a film scores a 99% fresh rating, u can be sure the one single negative review will be his.

please do not look him or his reviews up. don't wanna give this guy any more hits.

Well i know his story, You see his wife loved movies and somtimes would review them on her blog but he hated all these movies and criticized her for liking them so she left him and now to get revenge he has sworn to give a bad review to every movie he would think she would like. I no it sounds stupid but its true lol. No its not.

He reminds me of a co-worker I used to have that "hated" pretty much anything that was popular among most people because he thought it made him look cool or something.
Totally agree.
Agreed. And Marissa Tomei, I must say, is stunning at her age.

YES!!!! She's so fine!!! Also, so is Sandra Bullock!! For 45 years old I would:
2iw60jo.jpg

Back