Steven Spielberg to produce Halo movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as he doesn't bring on anyone who worked on Indy 4 then i will be happy, that movie should be considered his one failure of his career.

Peter Jackson producing with Neil Blommkamp directing or bust. Right now it feels like Spielberg 'stole' this project from them, just when Blommkamp is about to prove himself with District 9. :(

How did he steal it if its floating in the water right now cause nobody is making it! Get this ^^^^ made!

Peter Jackson producing with Neil Blommkamp directing or bust. Right now it feels like Spielberg 'stole' this project from them, just when Blommkamp is about to prove himself with District 9. :(

NO WAY!! Didn't Jackson just drop out?! It's his loss!! Speilberg is better anywayz!!!!!

NO WAY!! Didn't Jackson just drop out?! It's his loss!! Speilberg is better anywayz!!!!!

My bad, thought that the studio gave it to Spielberg instead while Jackson was producing District 9. :lol

Still cautious though, Spielberg isn't the great visionary he used to be. Far too easily impressed and too willing to let directors do their own ^^^^ instead of keeping them in control (most of the crap in RotF could have been averted if SPIELBERG KEPT BAY IN CONTROL). Jackson still sounds like the better choice, if only because he's fond of games himself.

Is Spielberg going to use the Weta props or does he need to have them created on his own? Jackson may be hesitatnt to hand over his studios work unless he is as cool as i think he is then he will still have his hand in the making of Halo.

Speilbergs washed up.

I don't want Jackson either.

But Blomkamp must direct this movie. Heres his Halo short.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/5BaVb2TlWb0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/5BaVb2TlWb0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

As much as everyone wants a live action of HALO . . .

I'll settle for a well done CG animated version of HALO covering the fall of Reach, the rise of the Flood, the plot/storyline for HALO 2, the plot/storyline for HALO 3 . . . HELL . . . even the plot/storyline for HALO WARS . . . all done with CG animation and worthwhile voice acting.

Speilbergs washed up.

I don't want Jackson either.

But Blomkamp must direct this movie. Heres his Halo short.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/5BaVb2TlWb0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/5BaVb2TlWb0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I have that whole thing in HD on my 360. Can't watch enough of it.

Blomkamp or no one, I agree. :rock Which is feasible, as long as Spielberg doesn't rush this through production. If the D9 buzz is strong, then it's certainly possible.

I have that whole thing in HD on my 360. Can't watch enough of it.

Blomkamp or no one, I agree. :rock Which is feasible, as long as Spielberg doesn't rush this through production. If the D9 buzz is strong, then it's certainly possible.

Same here!!!!

All i have to say is i know the movie will get made either with Spielberg producing or Jackson! i just cant wait to see it!!!

i just cant wait to see it!!!

:lecture Quoted For Truth!!!

I would love to see two of these guys wreak havok on the silver screen:

Cov_Hunter.jpg

:rock :rock :rock

I just found this :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

There was an enjoyable rumour posted over the weekend that a Mr. Steven Spielberg was currently in talks to produce the Halo movie. A movie Microsoft will only say is "on hold".

Responding to questions we had over the Spielberg rumour (and indeed the future of the movie itself), a Microsoft spokesperson told Kotaku:

We're glad there's still a lot of enthusiasm in the entertainment industry surrounding the idea of a Halo movie. That said, the Halo feature film remains on hold as we focus on projects like Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach.

Upon further questioning, Microsoft added that they had "nothing further to share with respect to plans regarding a Halo movie".

That's a long time holding, since the movie first went "on hold" all the way back in 2006. Bet somebody's arms are getting really tired.

Still, if you're a Halo fan, "on hold" is better than "cancelled", right?

Source: https://kotaku.com/5334508/microsoft-halo-movie-still-on-hold

I hope they're just saying that because the negatiations are still in progress or something like that...

No, that it doesn't change, but if Microsoft keeps it on hold for perhaps another time when there aren't any Halo games in production, than this could mean that we're gonna have to wait for quite some time before actually seeing this movie...

No, that it doesn't change, but if Microsoft keeps it on hold for perhaps another time when there aren't any Halo games in production, than this could mean that we're gonna have to wait for quite some time before actually seeing this movie...

^^^^ Microsoft!!!! JESUS!!!!! this is such a no brainier!!!!! its one of those thing that no matter how bad this movie is it will make so much money!!!!! But no!

We have some freaking awesome and very talented people Pumped to make this movie but no!!

Its like come on!!!! its not like they cant afford to lose the money anyway:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Back