The Witch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think sometime between now and then he realized that the Witch's muted colors weren't going to show off his awesome, professionally calibrated television in an impressive way and is now rolled up in the fetal position, unsure if he can any longer trust his own tastes in film.

I'm so sorry Jye, we're here for you.

:lol :lol

I'm back, finally. :yess:

The analysis in this thread has been superb from all parties involved truly befitting a movie as high quality as The Witch is.

:lol :lol

I'm back, finally. :yess:

The analysis in this thread has been superb from all parties involved truly befitting a movie as high quality as The Witch is.

I think I'm a bit outclassed, I haven't had as much interesting insight about the film as some of the other brainiacs in here.

Glad I'm at least intelligent enough to appreciate the film.

:lol

It's been way more than two hours, I'm getting a little worried that jye is going to turn up naked with an apple lodged in his throat.

image.jpeg
image.jpg

I think sometime between now and then he realized that the Witch's muted colors weren't going to show off his awesome, professionally calibrated television in an impressive way and is now rolled up in the fetal position, unsure if he can any longer trust his own tastes in film.

I'm so sorry Jye, we're here for you.

image.jpg

I think I'm a bit outclassed, I haven't had as much interesting insight about the film as some of the other brainiacs in here.

Glad I'm at least intelligent enough to appreciate the film.

Same here. :lol

I have debated on seeing this again in the theaters but I think I will wait for the Blu ray.. That way I can forget a bit about this movie but it will be hard since I can't stop thinking about it :lol

Going back to the father splitting wood.

It was a foreshadow of his family about to be split up by the evil that existed in the forest.....made of.....you guessed it.....wood!

This movie is a gift that keeps on giving.

A movie that keeps getting more disturbing as time passes

A movie that is exactly what irishjedi said it is, a masterpiece.

When a movie can make forum freaks agree, it is indeed worthy of that title.

I will never look at a Rabbit the same way again! Even that pic of your TV gives me the heebie jeebies!

I see a lot of people arguing on line that this isn't a horror movie, I disagree, I just think its not what people have come to Expect from Horror films. Horror is a tough genre to execute well, there just haven't been a lot of great examples of Horror movies in the past 40 years or so, Cannibal Campout excluded. ;). We've been handed too much processed crap with filler and artificial flavoring that now, once we get a great, well crafted, organic meal of a movie, it's such an amazing experience! Horror used to have subtlety to it, somewhere along the line it turned into SAW, Hostel, and Purge movies. I hope this movie has success, because if other directors are going to imitate something, I'd rather they shoot for the stars and imitate something like this.

Honestly, I'd be lying if I said being alone in the woods right now, with this movie fresh in my mind, wouldn't freak me out a little. Hell, seeing an innocent little bunny might make my skin crawl at this point. :lol that's what this movie has done to a grown man.

Honestly, I'd be lying if I said being alone in the woods right now, with this movie fresh in my mind, wouldn't freak me out a little. Hell, seeing an innocent little bunny might make my skin crawl at this point. :lol that's what this movie has done to a grown man.

I'm just glad that I saw this movie well past my kids' breast feeding years. :lol

latest

"Thor you've got the lightning, light the bastards up. You and me, we stay on the ground, keep the fighting here. And Thomasin, live...deliciously."

the-devil-you-know-the-witch-makes-paranoia-a-family-affair-845114.gif

I have to say, she's not hard to look at. I guess I can understand why Caleb was having all those impure thoughts. Poor Caleb.

I will never look at a Rabbit the same way again! Even that pic of your TV gives me the heebie jeebies!

I see a lot of people arguing on line that this isn't a horror movie, I disagree, I just think its not what people have come to Expect from Horror films. Horror is a tough genre to execute well, there just haven't been a lot of great examples of Horror movies in the past 40 years or so, Cannibal Campout excluded. ;). We've been handed too much processed crap with filler and artificial flavoring that now, once we get a great, well crafted, organic meal of a movie, it's such an amazing experience! Horror used to have subtlety to it, somewhere along the line it turned into SAW, Hostel, and Purge movies. I hope this movie has success, because if other directors are going to imitate something, I'd rather they shoot for the stars and imitate something like this.

Yup, you're firing on all cylinders my friend!

Very few horror movies have ever made me think deeper about their message, a few of them being:

Black Christmas
Carrie
Exorcist
Halloween 1
Friday the 13th Part 1
The Thing

But this movie takes it to a whole new level.

Oh yeah Khev, that breast feeding scene was the only time the audience made a noise! Several women shrieked a Little when they saw the Crow doing its thing.

Jye, that is an excellent insight with the wood, I am ashamed I didn't add tht up when the pile fell on him.

I don't know when I'll see this film again or if I'll ever own but it's definitely been the most fun film to peel apart, layer by layer, I'd say in years.

Yup, you're firing on all cylinders my friend!

Very few horror movies have ever made me think deeper about their message, a few of them being:

Black Christmas
Carrie
Exorcist
Halloween 1
Friday the 13th Part 1
The Thing

But this movie takes it to a whole new level.

Thank you!

I haven't seen Black Christmas, but the rest you mentioned elevated or redefined the genre in its own way, and have been imitated ad nauseum.

For me that list also includes:

The Shining
Rosemary's Baby
Jacobs Ladder

Krampus and The Witch. A good few months for "things that go bump in the night" films (though they otherwise almost couldn't be more different from one another.)

I know some of you are saying that The Witch had no jump scares. Your crowd didn't jump when Phillip hit the father? Or when the mother grabbed Thomasin at the end? Mine did.

I don't know when I'll see this film again or if I'll ever own but it's definitely been the most fun film to peel apart, layer by layer, I'd say in years.

I went away thinking this was a Schindlers List for me, a great movie that I'm glad I saw but will never see again, to actually itching o see the movie nother time just to see if I may have missed anything.

This Director really has me excited to see what he will do next.

Back