The Willow Polystone Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The likeness on this is fantastic....I knew it'd be Scooby Squad Willow but part of me was hoping for this:

witch_willow_dark.jpg

I liked The Mike's suggestion on Page 1. Willow in some witch-related pose would have satisfied demand for a more dynamic/edgy piece, while still allowing a fully faithful representation.

Of the actual Buffy fans who preordered this Willow, would you have passed if she WASN'T sexied up, but was in a character-true outfit with a character-true pose?

Exactly. I'm guessing the only self-identified buyer here that would not buy a character-true Willow would be Blackthornone. He explicitly said he was buying the statue despite having never watched an episode of Buffy. *shudder* Poor statue.

Just to be clear, even if we disagree on this statue, I do respect that basically everyone else on this thread is a sincere fans of the show.

... if they were trying to cash in on the sexually frustrated fanboy market the statue would have been her kissing Tara...

Actually while I realise they could make two women kissing very male-oriented *ugh*, once again a character/show-accurate piece would have appealed more broadly. Since women tend to be a LOT less OMG TEH GHEY than guys in general, I see very few straight female Buffy fans being offended or turned off by such a theme.

Edit: I would be surprised in general if any Buffy fan were homophobic.

Last edited:
Actually while I realise they could make two women kissing very male-oriented *ugh*, once again a character/show-accurate piece would have appealed more broadly. Since women tend to be a LOT less OMG TEH GHEY than guys in general, I see very few straight female Buffy fans being offended or turned off by such a theme

That's because lesbians rock :hi5:

What? No way.
They didn't sell a third of the run in the last 3 days.

I agree, no way.

The only way they moved that many pieces that quickly after stalling in sales for three weeks is if they modified orders with their distributors, replacing regular editions on order with exclusive editions. Even then it would require several retailers to buy up that many.

I don't believe they would do that. They have not sold exclusives to distributors. Only way a distributor would get one is IF they ordered from their personal accounts, and they can only order 1 per account/customer/address.

I don't believe they would do that. They have not sold exclusives to distributors. Only way a distributor would get one is IF they ordered from their personal accounts, and they can only order 1 per account/customer/address.

That's not true. My distributor can get Exclusives from runs which haven't been selling well, at his usual discount too.
This is very common knowledge too, BG.

That's not true. My distributor can get Exclusives from runs which haven't been selling well, at his usual discount too.
This is very common knowledge too, BG.

I can see if the es was much higher. But since she's just limited to 250, I don't see it happening. Guess anything's possible.

Either way, it's labeled as "Sold Out," which is good for those that want to see this line continue. If this can sell out, than Faith should have no troubles, which hopefully means a future for this line.

Either way, it's labeled as "Sold Out," which is good for those that want to see this line continue. If this can sell out, than Faith should have no troubles, which hopefully means a future for this line.

:exactly::goodpost: And I am hoping to see a couple of male characters that haven't already been done. :D

"Either way"? If they had to dump their Exclusive edition on retailers, that is hardly a bill of health for the line.

The gauge they put up was approximately three-quarters full after three weeks, unlike in the past, the maximum level was not specified. If the max was the edition size then they sold as few as 65 pieces. If the max was 100 then they sold 175 tops.

With the Exclusive of the Buffy maquette, a really great piece, still available, the line is not doing well.

Usually the bar goes up when there are only 100 or less left. But who knows in this case. I can't see them changing that but sideshow has done a lot of questionable things lately.

It's good to see that she's Sold Out, I can't wait to see some in hand piccies of this.
I must admit the more I look at her the more I see Alyson in the face, I still don't see the character but she is a great looking statue.
Congrats to all getting her :clap
x :wave

It's good to see that she's Sold Out, I can't wait to see some in hand piccies of this.
I must admit the more I look at her the more I see Alyson in the face, I still don't see the character but she is a great looking statue.
Congrats to all getting her :clap
x :wave

I saw her pre-paint and she was spot on. I can only hope that in person she looks just as amazing. :wink1:

"Either way"? If they had to dump their Exclusive edition on retailers, that is hardly a bill of health for the line.

The gauge they put up was approximately three-quarters full after three weeks, unlike in the past, the maximum level was not specified. If the max was the edition size then they sold as few as 65 pieces. If the max was 100 then they sold 175 tops.

With the Exclusive of the Buffy maquette, a really great piece, still available, the line is not doing well.

Either way, it's labeled as "Sold Out."

Back