The Walking Dead -Velvet Morning heads/Kato outfit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - by Velvet Morning & Kato

Yes the hat can, again everyone let me know your preferance on the hat, it may cost just a bit more, I'm not sure.

Personally, I would prefer a sculpted removable hat with badge and tassels sculpted on it. I know the hair has to be flatter on top to achieve this but his hair is pretty short anyways. Felt hats just don't look good on most figures to me but that is just my own opinion.

While I was wishing this would be the walking dead comic Rick (more options on clothing and look),the TV show Rick would be just fine.

Put me down for a unpainted head and uniform set

Personally, I would prefer a sculpted removable hat with badge and tassels sculpted on it. I know the hair has to be flatter on top to achieve this but his hair is pretty short anyways. Felt hats just don't look good on most figures to me but that is just my own opinion.

Agreed...it' the scale. Always looks too large. Good example:

staffenburg.jpg

*gasp* it's my 666th post!

Ok, added Astro, guys I will see what I can do about a sculpted hat, it may not be removable but I'll see about a head variant with it on if Scott is willing. Like I said, thats a little more to sculpt so it may cost a bit more then the regular one with just hair.

put me on the list as maybe still not a 100% sure yet for the head sculpt

Surely with everyone who was clammoring for Rick theres more then eight of us who actually want him?

Ok you got it, lets keep this list moving along, who else is down?

As much as I would love to have the uniform...
My wallet won't allow such things at the moment.

But..

Go ahead and put a second Astro Zombie on the list for an unpainted head.

As much as I would love to have the uniform...
My wallet won't allow such things at the moment.

But..

Go ahead and put a second Astro Zombie on the list for an unpainted head.

No worries, I put you down for a head.

I am probably interested in both head and outfit if the prices don't go up.

But I do think we need to decide a few things right now and I'm sure that will help people decide if they want to join or not.

1) Will the headsculpt include the hat or not?
2) Will the headsculpt include a neck?
3) What body should these be on (see neck above) so they can be painted to match/fit properly?
4) Are boots, belts, and weapons easily available for this group, and if not, what are we going to do about it?

So let me throw in my 2 cents.
1) I want him in the hat, it just completes the look.
2) I vote no neck, see below
3) I think a HT Royce or Dastan body would work best for Rick. I don't think there is enough definition in the advanced TT forearms.
4) I don't think there is. The boots could be tough as would the police belt and revolver. We need to address this issue first and foremost IMO.

Sorry if I sound like I am trying to take over this and throw a fit, but I've been through a few group commissions in my day and while the headsculpt and outfit are the most important items of a custom, its the little things like accessories and minor clothing that can ruin a great project. So I think we need to try to source some of the parts for the belt, revolver, and boots at least. I too think this may be our only shot at a good Rick figure, so I want it done right or not at all.

No worries, Well I think the body issue is one we can worry about later, bodies are always going to be available. I think Royce and Dastan are waaaay too big and ripped for Rick tho. Enterbay bodies have well done forearms and sculpted necks, I believe it maybe what Jack is using on his Dexter but not positive. Its also whats being used on Asmus' Ace Ventura and I think they look great. However Kato tailors his clothing to Advanced True Types I believe, so we'd have to see how similar the body types are.

Honestly I'm not so worried about accurate forearms as just getting the main things we need and worrying about that later.

I will see about the hat asap I was still waiting for more people to weigh in on if they wanted it sculpted or not. There will be a hat, its just a matter of will it be a seperate head variant with it sculpted or a removable felt type thing.

As for the accessories, that is important. The duty belt off the T-1000 should be perfect, and there are alot of differant style magnums on ebay. That stuff should not be a problem if you act now and get them while T-1000s are being parted out.

I believe the shoes from the 1000 would be good as well. In fact the 1000 has a ton of goodies for Rick. Not positive but I think the new T1 t800 may also have the right shotgun for Rick.

Here is Xenoviper's Dexter with Kato's clothes on a Dastan body:

dexter-morgan-1200-1.jpg

Looks fantastic IMO.

As for the T-1000 parts, the unforuante thing is the belt and its gear is one of the hardest, and expensive pieces to get since it is crucial to build seperate T-1000's with the remaining parts. So I don't think the T-1000 gear is an option. Possibly the motorcyle boots if Rick doesn't wear Cowboy boots (I never paid much attention).

Really? I just snagged a full belt set for $25 and shipping earlier in the week. No gun but everything else.

Not alot on there now, one going for $16.

2 buy it nows for $50 but it has the weapons as well.

I can't imagine a custom belt with all those pouches being any cheaper to be honest.

That body does look great, it's not as big as I thought it was, I wonder is the neck larger then an Advanced TT though?

I think Rick is wearing regular police shoes from the images I can find but thats something I'll have to look into further. I know there are some Cowboy Boot options as well though if he wears them.

Back