The Walking Dead 1:6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's one of the Peril Unlimited Zombies. They also released a male zombie figure. The PU zombies originally came in black bodybag packaging, but it's my understanding the figures Cotswold is selling were some sort of overstock and don't come in the bodybags.

I really wish Peril Unlimited was still in the game. They had a lot of potential and a decent price point. :(

Hi guys slowly working on my Merle...

image_zps48892615.jpg

that looks really good. I like the two figs in the back as well.

Nice work, coming along nicely it seems. :) Do you make the headsculpts on your figures yourself, or do you buy them?

And is that Rick behind him? It looks fantastic. I wish I had spectacular customizing skills haha. I'm sure I could be good if I worked at it. I just don't have the money to spend on supplies and parts right now. But I dream of the day that a good Rick figure will land in my lap.

I think I have seen the Walking Dead heads on ebay. The seller also makes Daryl, Rick and Walker heads. They are not very expensive.

They also make Dexter heads Breaking Bad heads for sale too I think.

That's one of the Peril Unlimited Zombies. They also released a male zombie figure. The PU zombies originally came in black bodybag packaging, but it's my understanding the figures Cotswold is selling were some sort of overstock and don't come in the bodybags.

I really wish Peril Unlimited was still in the game. They had a lot of potential and a decent price point. :(
--

I remember PERIL UNLIMITED.

IIRC . . . PERIL UNLIMITED was literally a one man operation. I can't recollect the gentleman's name, but he is/was a member of the MEN WITH DOLLS forum prior to 2007. I believe he was a full or part-time firefighter as well as being a 1:6 collector/customizer/enthusiast and he started PERIL UNLIMITED because he really wanted some 1:6 zombie figures that most companies were not considering at the time other than THE DEAD line from SIDESHOW.

He did one or two variations of the male zombie and the same for the female zombie. The variation was simply one was more bloodied than than the other.

I recollect he had a bit of challenge in working the perils (no pun intended) of manufacturing (in China?).

--

I remember PERIL UNLIMITED.

IIRC . . . PERIL UNLIMITED was literally a one man operation. I can't recollect the gentleman's name, but he is/was a member of the MEN WITH DOLLS forum prior to 2007. I believe he was a full or part-time firefighter as well as being a 1:6 collector/customizer/enthusiast and he started PERIL UNLIMITED because he really wanted some 1:6 zombie figures that most companies were not considering at the time other than THE DEAD line from SIDESHOW.

He did one or two variations of the male zombie and the same for the female zombie. The variation was simply one was more bloodied than than the other.

I recollect he had a bit of challenge in working the perils (no pun intended) of manufacturing (in China?).

That was my understanding as to why they're not around anymore as well. It's really a shame. He was a good guy - he went by the handle Lazerbeak on OSW.com. I hope he (and Peril Unlimited) makes a comeback.

That was my understanding as to why they're not around anymore as well. It's really a shame. He was a good guy - he went by the handle Lazerbeak on OSW.com. I hope he (and Peril Unlimited) makes a comeback.
--

The atmosphere & mindset nowadays is a bit more open for someone who is seriously considering/wanting to get into the 1:6 business, but the pitfall is WHO & WHERE to make the necessary contacts? Moreover, HOW MUCH is it going to cost and can it be done properly without losing $ in the process because it is quite perilous when it comes to finding reliable contacts/resources in China/Hong Kong.

NOTE: I said reliable and not necessarily "honest".

no you didn't. lol

I don't get it... lol

I remember zebraten posting his Merle custom and the seller that makes the Merle heads just made these too, Since zebraten posted his fig I was just saying the seller made the Governor.

I don't get it... lol

I remember zebraten posting his Merle custom and the seller that makes the Merle heads just made these too, Since zebraten posted his fig I was just saying the seller made the Governor.

The comment was in reference to the likeness.

The comment was in reference to the likeness.

I am probably going to pick one up and give it a repaint. I did the same to Merle and Daryl and the likeness is there it just needs a little finesse to bring it out. Remember Joe is selling these 10 at a time and he may not be able to paint each one with the care it deserves. I got the Rick he did and really like it. Daryl I bought because I liked Rick so much but I was much less impressed with Daryl. So I stripped him and re painted him and like him much better now. Same with Merle. Joe casts in this hellacious flesh coloured resin which is insane to dremel but looks pretty good. I just stripped off the paint and used chalk pastels to re shade him and, again, I think it is a pretty good likeness. And to be brutally honest, I think Joe's strengths lie in scupting not in photography because his sculpts do look better in person than in his photos.

I am probably going to pick one up and give it a repaint. I did the same to Merle and Daryl and the likeness is there it just needs a little finesse to bring it out. Remember Joe is selling these 10 at a time and he may not be able to paint each one with the care it deserves. I got the Rick he did and really like it. Daryl I bought because I liked Rick so much but I was much less impressed with Daryl. So I stripped him and re painted him and like him much better now. Same with Merle. Joe casts in this hellacious flesh coloured resin which is insane to dremel but looks pretty good. I just stripped off the paint and used chalk pastels to re shade him and, again, I think it is a pretty good likeness. And to be brutally honest, I think Joe's strengths lie in scupting not in photography because his sculpts do look better in person than in his photos.

I liked all his other sculpts more than this one. Rick, Daryl, Merle , were all pretty nice but I just didn't see it with the governor. Maybe you are right and a repaint might bring out the likeness more.

I'm not saying it will because it looks a little John Wayne to me at this point but I have been surprised by how much better his sculpts look after a little TLC so I am willing to give it a try.

Back