The Walking Dead 1:6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to collecting 1:6 figures...can you or someone answer my question now that we've been able to marvel at my ignorance?

Hey Web,
Don't let these guys get you down. I find this to be a very odd board at times. It kind of reminds me of high school. There is definitely an "IN" crowd here. And those that want to be in the "IN" crowd. And sometimes the "cool" kids aren't as friendly or patient with new guys or outsiders as they could be. But, that being said, welcome aboard and don't be afraid to ask questions. It's how we learn. And if you wade through the snotty answers, you will find someone who doesn't need to make themselves feel smarter at your expense and answer your question.
I love The Walking Dead, too, and would love to see someone put out decent figures you could just take out of the box and put on a shelf.

I have zero interest in paying $800+ just for one stupid figure. OP's question was valid and some of the responses (even those from a "mod") were pretty unnecessary.

Hopefully a good company picks up this license soon before the fire has gone cold.

^ Word. Ive been a big Walking Dead and Song or Ice and Fire fan for years and have been dying for some 1/6 action but putting together them customs is way too much money. First you gotta buy the head then get it painted then find a body then buy all those crazy priced 1/6 clothes in the customs section. And for Game of Thrones it would be much worse. Multi- layered intricate medieval 1/6 clothing isn't exactly easy to come by. At least not as specific in nature for GOT. So you'll have to get some custom clothes for to make it look right.

Nah, I hope someone picks up these awesome licenses.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I have zero interest in paying $800+ just for one stupid figure. OP's question was valid and some of the responses (even those from a "mod") were pretty unnecessary.

Hopefully a good company picks up this license soon before the fire has gone cold.

:goodpost::lecture:exactly:

Hey Web,
Don't let these guys get you down. I find this to be a very odd board at times. It kind of reminds me of high school. There is definitely an "IN" crowd here. And those that want to be in the "IN" crowd. And sometimes the "cool" kids aren't as friendly or patient with new guys or outsiders as they could be. But, that being said, welcome aboard and don't be afraid to ask questions. It's how we learn. And if you wade through the snotty answers, you will find someone who doesn't need to make themselves feel smarter at your expense and answer your question.
I love The Walking Dead, too, and would love to see someone put out decent figures you could just take out of the box and put on a shelf.

Hey, thanks for the nice post. I was surprised as well by the attitude I received from a moderator. A moderator should be setting an example, not cutting people down.

What characters would people like to see? Like I said before, Rick is a given...I'd like to see Shane as well, maybe with two heads (one with hair, one shaved). I think it'd also be cool if they made a Carl figure, because I don't think there are many 1:6 figures of children.

And yes, I've seen the Walking Dead customs. Maybe I could have been more clear, but I was asking if we were going to get any licensed, professional Walking Dead figures. I don't want to buy someone's custom figure. Why would I do that if a professional line/figure was announced down the road?

Custom figures do cost a lot more than licensed official figures. That's the huge negative. But there are positives to buying customs if you don't mind paying more for them.

From what I was told by a friend who works at SS, they don't own the rights; another company does. So...unless they subcontract it out, you're gonna be waiting a while from anything regarding Walking Dead from SS or Hot Toys. Save up your money for that custom.

is there so little money in 1/6th figure sales that sideshow just killed [no pun intended:)] the dead line? now more then ever,zombies are so popular in pop culture yet they ignore it and ignore out pleas fpr more 1/6th zombies. i really hope we see some zombies come from shunken head studios

is there so little money in 1/6th figure sales that sideshow just killed [no pun intended:)] the dead line? now more then ever,zombies are so popular in pop culture yet they ignore it and ignore out pleas fpr more 1/6th zombies. i really hope we see some zombies come from shunken head studios

I think those damn variants killed the line. Sideshow has this thing of making all these variants and blaming us fans when they dont sell.

I'd love to see Sideshow take on this line. I love all the amazing customs out there, however, there is no way I can personally afford to complete a Walking Dead set at the prices the customs are commanding. Don't get me wrong, the quality of work is amazing on the sculpts and clothing, but I couldn't pull it off financially.

That's why I'd like to see someone grab this license and do it right for all.

Speaking of variants . . .

IF Sideshow procures this license or already have the license . . . then they'll probably produce a B&W variant of each figure in the same way AMC is milking anything/everything possible from this franchise (i.e. B&W episodes of the previous seasons).

Yeah, I saw those, and they do look good. But like you said, I'm not going to pay that much for them. Especially when there may be official, professional ones made later.

Daryl looks incredibly amazing. I would definitely get that if I had the extra money.

Rick looks okay but there is something off about the face. It is not as close as Daryl. I don't know.

Thanks for the links. They look good, but at that price I'd rather wait to see if Sideshow comes out with something. That would be an instant purchase.

Back