The Walking Dead 1:6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its possible. I believe Image publishes the comic, which McFarlane owns. So he was kinda the obvious choice to get the license because of that. GG has the license for busts, but McFarlane has never really done those so they might have been willing to let that go. McFarlane hasn't done anything larger than 7" for years though I don't know why they wouldn't let someone make 1:6 figures

Im sure Todd is cashing in before he lets anyone make anything other than him. He's gonna milk it for what it's worth. If someone makes a professional 1/6 figure, it'll steal his thunder quickly on the 7" figures. I had him do a sketch of the Punisher a few years ago for me, and he charged me triple of what others were paying because he said he never draws the Punisher and it should be considered a privilidge to let him draw it for me. Greedy and arrogant he is.

Im sure Todd is cashing in before he lets anyone make anything other than him. He's gonna milk it for what it's worth. If someone makes a professional 1/6 figure, it'll steal his thunder quickly on the 7" figures. I had him do a sketch of the Punisher a few years ago for me, and he charged me triple of what others were paying because he said he never draws the Punisher and it should be considered a privilidge to let him draw it for me. Greedy and arrogant he is.

The figures are actually only 5", not 7.

Wow...what a ******. I've heard that people think he's stuck up, but I never really heard any actual stories like this. So you did end up having him do it? I'm sure it looks awesome, but wow. I don't think I would have had him do it for me, just on principle.

Wow...what a ******. I've heard that people think he's stuck up, but I never really heard any actual stories like this. So you did end up having him do it? I'm sure it looks awesome, but wow. I don't think I would have had him do it for me, just on principle.

He sounded stuck up on Talking Dead and he has a Kermit the Frog voice.

Those customs look great, but it's ridiculously overpriced. Daryl's quiver looking like ****.

Yeah I had him do it anyways. He even told me I was only one of three people who he's done a Punisher for; like I was supposed to bow before him. I've met some arrogant artists over the years, but he is at the top of the list.

What a D head. His figures eat ballz anymore, his 90's line was the cream of the crop at the time.

Although the Michonne statue looks great.

I really hope there will be a official line for WD. I don't want to invest in a custom and then a high quality figure comes out right after :slap

Succes will do that to you. I met him a while back at Comic Con, I think he was drawing the Hulk at the time. He was really cool then, we had a conversation about a Bolland Judge Dredd print I had purchased and signed a few comics for me (No charge).

Hi guys slowly working on my Merle...

image_zps48892615.jpg

Hi guys slowly working on my Merle...

image_zps48892615.jpg

Nice work, coming along nicely it seems. :) Do you make the headsculpts on your figures yourself, or do you buy them?

And is that Rick behind him? It looks fantastic. I wish I had spectacular customizing skills haha. I'm sure I could be good if I worked at it. I just don't have the money to spend on supplies and parts right now. But I dream of the day that a good Rick figure will land in my lap.

Nice work, coming along nicely it seems. :) Do you make the headsculpts on your figures yourself, or do you buy them?

And is that Rick behind him? It looks fantastic. I wish I had spectacular customizing skills haha. I'm sure I could be good if I worked at it. I just don't have the money to spend on supplies and parts right now. But I dream of the day that a good Rick figure will land in my lap.

Thank you for the compliment. I bought the head from eBay. And yes, that is Rick. I used the WGP sculpt. Thanks again.

Back