The Unofficial Custom Takara Batman Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is dying a slow, painful death.

P1000366.jpg

P1000361.jpg

I picked up a Tak bats for the Gauntlets, though I must say that the figure when put in a HT Narrow TT looks very good. Gets rid of the woman hips and skinny legs shape from the original for sure. I like the spelunking belt on this better as well. Looks nice and is way cheaper option than a Toyfair or other original suit. Underrated figure for sure.

takara2.jpg

Takara1.jpg

takara3.jpg

How the hell did you get the rubber suit off?

Hehehe! There is a plastic plate on his back that with a little hot water and an exacto knife can expose the entire back. Baby powder is also your friend with this guy.

The hardest part was the feet. I destroyed the Takara feet on the shoes and then installed the HT Tt feet. They are a little long in the boot but with dome finagling they come around. Two little screws on the bottom hold the rubber to the feet, strip that off gently and you have access to the tak ankles and feet.

Just put Humpty Dumpty back together the way he was taken down and lactate the crap out of the plastic shell. Tip: There is a channel that goes around the shape of the back, glue the neck first and let it set then move down each side of the back, gives you more material to pull together with the rubber.

I picked up a Tak bats for the Gauntlets, though I must say that the figure when put in a HT Narrow TT looks very good. Gets rid of the woman hips and skinny legs shape from the original for sure. I like the spelunking belt on this better as well. Looks nice and is way cheaper option than a Toyfair or other original suit. Underrated figure for sure.

Takara1.jpg

Looks awesome on a TT!

I wasn't. But stuffed with cotton I'm fine. :)

And looks damn fine at that. I still want to pick this guy up but I won't pay over $100 for him. Once in a blue moon I'll see him on ebay for right around that price but it's always around a time I can't afford it. I'd have to either stuff him or put him on a TT for sure. Way to feminine looking with out it.

I was thinking of getting one of these just to use for a custom. Does anybody have one they want to sell that just has the body armor suit? All I need is the rubber armor suit if it covers the whole body.

Back