The Unofficial Custom Takara Batman Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the help mag. If I can't score a BB toys fair fig then I'll definitely be doing this.

Here's some pics of my completely unmoded takara. I usually have him in "first night" mode but wanted to display him a bit different. Seems like certain poses hide how skinny he is:
IMAG0218.jpg

IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

IMAG0223.jpg

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

IMAG0227.jpg

Initially I tried to get the cape to look like that, but the damn thing wouldn't stay! This is the one I've settled on.
IMAG0228.jpg

You can buy the hot toys batman demon boots. It's the same thing and they're available in parted out figures. I bought a pair for 39 shipped.

Yeah any HT Batman boots would work.

Again, my only concern is that the Takara's ankles/calves are so skinny that the boots would be really loose.

That's pretty much what I'll be going with when I have the new BW head.

Were you able to secure the head on it? I just have mine sitting on top of the neck with some oil clay and would like to figure out how to make it secure properly.

'Bout time somebody bumped this thread. :)

Zack, do you think the neck is a little short with the HT head sitting on the Takara neck like that. I though it was. :dunno

P1150137.jpg

Might just be 'cos I beefed mine up so much.

This pic kinda makes the neck look short:

IMAG0388.jpg

I wonder how it would look to just stick some poster putty under the HT head. It would lift it up a bit while also keeping it in place better.

The Takara head sits quite a bit higher:

P1150139.jpg

I think it's cause yours is beefed up, try the poster putty idea. It's already pretty good lucking but I see where your coming from.

Where mine is just the regular takbats (skinny) it looks pretty good from most angles. But it can look short if it's not sitting on the neck post right.

Back