The Unofficial Custom Takara Batman Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the pose I'm working on with this guy:

P1160102.jpg

P1160101.jpg

Still needs futzing, but I'm waiting to perfect it. The Takara BW head looks weird under a balaclava because of the shape of the hair. I want to get the V1 Bruce Wayne head and a different balaclava to finish this figure off.

If anyone has this guy and doesn't mind parting with him cheap, let me know.

Batman%20Bruce%20Wayne%20head.jpg

:peace

I would get the thin one. You can still see the stitching in hand, so it looks to scale. Where the thick one's detain is too big.
SkiMaskBatmanBegins2.jpg

SkiMaskBatmanBegins1.jpg

Thanks for those.

I'll definitely try to get the the thin one. Just wish he was available somewhere.

rather than start a new topic...can the HT boots be put on this Takara Bats ankles? like will the ball joint and cup fit together?

oh and has anyone actually taken the Takara suit completely off and replaced the Tak bod with a True Type? i ask because there's a hard plastic plate on the back of the Tak that apparently hides the split up the back that allowed the suit to be put on in the first place. i've seen peeps sell the suit itself on ebay so i know it can come off. that plate seems REALLY glued to the suit tho, and might destroy it coming off.

Dunno about the body swap, but the boots are not swappable without significant modification.

A while back Edward Nygma1 made a post about it. If I remember right he thought you would need to swap everything from the ankle down.

The Takara boots are pretty ugly, but I've come to terms with them and am just glad that they are so super stable.

rather than start a new topic...can the HT boots be put on this Takara Bats ankles? like will the ball joint and cup fit together?

oh and has anyone actually taken the Takara suit completely off and replaced the Tak bod with a True Type? i ask because there's a hard plastic plate on the back of the Tak that apparently hides the split up the back that allowed the suit to be put on in the first place. i've seen peeps sell the suit itself on ebay so i know it can come off. that plate seems REALLY glued to the suit tho, and might destroy it coming off.

I have,my takara is on a truetype body with hot toys boots.it looks a lot better,especially with the bruce wayne head that's small looking on,the hot toys figure.

I have,my takara is on a truetype body with hot toys boots.it looks a lot better,especially with the bruce wayne head that's small looking on,the hot toys figure.

yeah, i'd love to see pics too! oh, and how did you get the rubber suit off the Takara? does that hard plastic plate on his back peel off revealing a slit that can pull down past his shoulders? thanks

'Bout time somebody bumped this thread. :)

Zack, do you think the neck is a little short with the HT head sitting on the Takara neck like that. I though it was. :dunno

P1150137.jpg

Might just be 'cos I beefed mine up so much.

The Takara body looks great here. What did you do to beef it up ,Mags?

The HT figure is better, but glad I have my Takara, as it works very nicely as a First Night Out Bat. :)

Maglor...that looks exceptional. I may like it more than the HT OC suit. I don't have the TAK, how did you stuff it with cotton?

Like G said, q-tips and cotton balls. I used q-tips to slide bits of cotton balls into the suit from the waist, neck and arms.

The HT OC is superior for 3 reasons:

1) The Tak (when stuffed) does not look great from all angles. Good but not as perfect as the HT figure looks from every angle.

2) The head (when the body is stuffed) is too small. For this reason alone I will never again display him as anything other than a First Night Out Batman.

3) It's a pain in the ass to stuff him. Fun in a way, but a lot of time and trial and error went into it.

Back