The Thing Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thingvsthing.jpg

I love my Thing PF

simply fantastic :hi5::clap:clap

When are the other members of Fantastic Four going to be made, the Thing PF and Doom PF have been out for so many years. SS really need to finish what they started.

They tried to do an invisible woman, didn't do well. I don't think SS thinks FF is a team or character that would do well for them....

They tried to do an invisible woman, didn't do well. I don't think SS thinks FF is a team or character that would do well for them....

The Sue Storm statue was from a different line, called WOMEN OF MARVEL, in 1/5 scale, which I think is dead already.

BTW nobody asked for a 1/5 Venomsaurus Rex statue.

Last edited:
The Sue Storm statue was from a different line, called WOMEN OF MARVEL, in 1/5 scale, which I think is dead already.

BTW nobody asked for a 1/5 Venomsaurus Rex statue.

I did. Many, many times.

I guess they thought I was serious. Sorry bout that, Sideshow.

Am curretnly searching for an EX, had to sell mine 2 years ago because of my wife, but I have more space now.
So if anyone sells and ships to Germany please pm.
Chris

Yes it's a great pf, prices are fortunately still reasonable.
I sold mine for 350 Euro shipped.
Chris

I do love this piece and am still contemplating getting it one day to display alongside my Hulk PF...

One thing i was put off by when seeing this PF was the strange shading of colour that is noticable on the inner side of Things body....almost like a shadow effect if you like. For those who already own this statue, is that difference in colour a put off for you and why is it even there anyway? :dunno

When I had him I noticed that as well and it was only a bit of a put off.
I first thought it was a paint error but when I saw in hand pics of others with the same paintjob I was ok with it.
Chris

When I had him I noticed that as well and it was only a bit of a put off.
I first thought it was a paint error but when I saw in hand pics of others with the same paintjob I was ok with it.
Chris

Thanks Chris. Yea, its a bit wierd and to be honest its the only thing thats putting me off. I've had plenty of chances to own the EX but never had the confidence after seeing the strange paint effect :(

Great pf ,underated

DSCF3647.jpg

Agreed. One of the PFs I'm going to regret selling the most whenever that time comes.

Yes it's a great pf, prices are fortunately still reasonable.

Wait until they release another member of the FF. :)

For those who already own this statue, is that difference in colour a put off for you and why is it even there anyway? :dunno

I guess they wanted to give him extra volume by adding an artificial shadow, but that was completely unnecessary. It doesn't put me off in the slightest, though.

Great detail and size for one of my favorite Marvel characters. Best Thing statue out I think and the ex head is pretty cool. The shading doesn't bother me any. While not heavy like the og Hulk pf, still solid with some heft. Bigger than the Skaar pf.

Am curretnly searching for an EX, had to sell mine 2 years ago because of my wife, but I have more space now.
So if anyone sells and ships to Germany please pm.
Chris

Hi Chris, I got an Ex for sale if you are still interested. Getting out of Marvel Statues and this has to go. Everytime I think about Thing I start thinking what other characters it would look good with, that's bad hah. Why did you sell yours in the first place, you had the Reg?

Regarding the coloring on his chest, ya it is noticable if you look for it. Truthfully when I look at the Thing my gaze always goes to the headsculpts and his huge mits kinda obscure his torso.

Never gonna happen.

Never say never.

And if ...... SS willl release 10 Dr. Dooms before they even consider another FF and knowing SS it will be another Thing if they do.

I don't think they'd begin with another Ben.

See, a well done Johnny might be a thing to behold.
(Er, a human torch to behold?)

And Sue is a woman. We all know how SS love their T&A. Nuff said.

Reed, on the other hand, would probably be the toughest to sell, but one more piece isn't that hard for completists.

Never say never.

I don't think they'd begin with another Ben.

See, a well done Johnny might be a thing to behold.
(Er, a human torch to behold?)

And Sue is a woman. We all know how SS love their T&A. Nuff said.

Reed, on the other hand, would probably be the toughest to sell, but one more piece isn't that hard for completists.

:exactly: I was never a big FF fan, more of Ben really. But I liked Johnny too, and if SS pulled something off that was really great I'd be all over it. Sue and Reed... meh.

Johnny would be the ULTIMATE light up feature.

Hi Chris, I got an Ex for sale if you are still interested. Getting out of Marvel Statues and this has to go. Everytime I think about Thing I start thinking what other characters it would look good with, that's bad hah. Why did you sell yours in the first place, you had the Reg?

Regarding the coloring on his chest, ya it is noticable if you look for it. Truthfully when I look at the Thing my gaze always goes to the headsculpts and his huge mits kinda obscure his torso.

PM sent. I sold him because I had to. We had little space at that time and the big guys had to go (was about 3 years ago). I only took 350 Euro shipped for him because nobody on the German forum did even contact me for him :slap It's kind like now with the Bucky Cap EX PF. It was the EX and I got it directly from Sideshow UK when he was released.
Chris

PM sent. I sold him because I had to. We had little space at that time and the big guys had to go (was about 3 years ago). I only took 350 Euro shipped for him because nobody on the German forum did even contact me for him :slap It's kind like now with the Bucky Cap EX PF. It was the EX and I got it directly from Sideshow UK when he was released.
Chris

Hope you find one again soon. He is a great statue! If you were in the USA Mine would be sold to you already. the boxes this big sending overseas is a big risk of it getting there safe, customs, insurance issues, etc. I see him for sale all the time one will pop up for you. :wave

Back