The Thing Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got an EX for a good price. Thanks to TheMovieManiac. Will be here Friday. This is one of my grails. :yess:

Finally got an EX for a good price. Thanks to TheMovieManiac. Will be here Friday. This is one of my grails. :yess:

Congrats! It's a great looking statue. I don't own it (not a big enough FF fan) but Ben looks fantastic. I hope he arrives in good shape for you.

Agreed. I still love this piece.

Even made my own appreciate thread about it back in the day. :lol

Congrats buddy :clap this is also a piece that I've debated about getting but can never make up my mind :gah: If it weren't for that bizzare change of colour shading on that specific side of his body, it would probably have been an easier decision. Does anyone know why Sideshow did this? I don't think its to create a shadow effect :dunno

It was for a shadow effect. Some turned out better than others, but the ones that were less than perfect didn't look great I guess and turned people off. Mine looks fine...

Got him in and he is amazing. TRuly one of the most underrated statues SSC has done.

20140809_154027.jpg 20140809_153801.jpg S.jpg 20140809_153503.jpg 20140809_153629-1.jpg

It was for a shadow effect. Some turned out better than others, but the ones that were less than perfect didn't look great I guess and turned people off. Mine looks fine...

Yea, I think I was one of those put off by it but I think I'm back in the zone to picking one of these guys up again and possibly having it repainted without any shadow. I think he makes for a great display companion next to the original Hulk PF. I know they did two versions of this, one with the full pants and one with the shorts...I personally prefer the shorts version as that's how I remember him from my childhood :)

I would but shipping is a problem, there's really no economical way to ship this out that would make it worth while. I'd take a loss on the statue which is fine but most people wouldn't pay shipping unless its local. It's not bad, I really wanted it but it doesn't go with anything in my collection. They abandoned the Fantastic Four... kinda a sore thumb in my collection. I don't have the Hulk PF to go with it, and he's too big to put in a Besta shelf.

I would but shipping is a problem, there's really no economical way to ship this out that would make it worth while. I'd take a loss on the statue which is fine but most people wouldn't pay shipping unless its local. It's not bad, I really wanted it but it doesn't go with anything in my collection. They abandoned the Fantastic Four... kinda a sore thumb in my collection. I don't have the Hulk PF to go with it, and he's too big to put in a Besta shelf.

Yea, I totally understand in regards to shipping it...if my Hulk PF is anything to go by, the box is pretty huge right? I'm in London and have seen at least 2 or 3 go up on ebay this year alone so I'm sure i'll find one eventually ;)

This PF is fantastic but yeah when they don't fit inside a Besta it throws things off but at least The Thing fits nicely on top. Nothing's as bad as Abomination it hangs off of like any piece of furniture. You need him to be your dining room table center piece every night while you eat dinner. That's really like the only option ha

Yea, I totally understand in regards to shipping it...if my Hulk PF is anything to go by, the box is pretty huge right? I'm in London and have seen at least 2 or 3 go up on ebay this year alone so I'm sure i'll find one eventually ;)

If you ever come to Canada you could take mine for a steep discount so long as you have a way of getting it home

Back