The Suit Review Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've honestly never seen that suit on an actual figure before. Seen those same pics.. but never on an actual kitbash. Just in general, imo ALL the suits offered through that site have horrible tailoring especially when it comes to the jacket collars.

Great idea for a thread - I've wanted a resource like this for a while.

I prefer this suit:

https://www.store-rooms.com/Product.aspx?sku=252

- except for the waistcoat. I really want a grey suit to put a SSC Connery figure in (I gave legacy Connery's outfit to an Indiana Jones figure) and this is the best I've found. Someone on another thread suggested the BR Joker suit, which I agree has got superb tailoring, but basically it's cut like a cheap suit rather than a Saville Row suit.

Here's 2 new suits from Triad that I posted about recently:

Triad Style : Male Clothing :

UPTOWN SUIT (DARK GRAY VERSION) $39.99

Released on 03/27/2009

"Uptown" Outfit Set includes the following items:

-1 Black Leather Belt with Metal Buckle

-1 Dress Shirt

-1 Fully Lined Inner Vest

-1 Fully Lined Suit Jacket

-1 Dress Trousers

-1 Pair Dress Shoes

-1 Dress Tie

Whether you're going for the millionaire playboy or high-powered executive look, the Uptown Business Suit set is for you. Over the years, we've learned a thing or two about making suits that function and look well over an action figure. Featuring fully lined satin vests and jackets and functional pockets throughout the suit and real leather and metal for the belt, this is perhaps our best men's suit to date!

The Triad Style brand of clothing is made of nothing but the finest grade fashion fabrics. Utilizing only the industry's finest fabric with a keen eye on tailoring and design, our products are just what you have come to expect from Triad Toys.

1718.jpg

1717.jpg

1713.jpg

1711.jpg

1712.jpg

LINK

UPTOWN SUIT (LIGHT GRAY VERSION) $39.99

Released on 03/27/2009

"Uptown" Outfit Set includes the following items:

-1 Black Leather Belt with Metal Buckle

-1 Dress Shirt

-1 Fully Lined Inner Vest

-1 Fully Lined Suit Jacket

-1 Dress Trousers

-1 Pair Dress Shoes

-1 Dress Tie

Whether you're going for the millionaire playboy or high-powered executive look, the Uptown Business Suit set is for you. Over the years, we've learned a thing or two about making suits that function and look well over an action figure. Featuring fully lined satin vests and jackets and functional pockets throughout the suit and real leather and metal for the belt, this is perhaps our best men's suit to date!

The Triad Style brand of clothing is made of nothing but the finest grade fashion fabrics. Utilizing only the industry's finest fabric with a keen eye on tailoring and design, our products are just what you have come to expect from Triad Toys.

1707.jpg

1703.jpg

1702.jpg

1700.jpg

1699.jpg

LINK

The Dark Uptown looks great for Wayne or Stark.

I have Triad's Bullet Ballet on my cutom Two-Face and it's great.

Also they have another casual suit called Silicone Valley coming.

Also they have another casual suit called Silicone Valley coming.

Posted about that too..

SILICONE VALLEY (BLACK VERSION) $29.99

Released on 02/27/2009

"Silicone Valley" Outfit Set includes the following items:

-1 Dress Blazer

-1 T-Shirt

-1 Pair of Jeans

Casual Fridays has new meaning with the Silicone Valley outfit set. A stylish chic homage to all the casual daytraders and sporty tech execs of Silicon Valley, this outfit set utilizes both rugged and exotic fabrics. Bootcut frayed denims in ultra-thin grade denim, custom printed wool and rugged spandex makes this suit set stand out from the rest of the crowd.

The Triad Style brand of clothing is made of nothing but the finest grade fashion fabrics. Utilizing only the industry's finest fabric with a keen eye on tailoring and design, our products are just what you have come to expect from Triad Toys. Please note the boots are not included and are available separately through our store. Most outfit sets are made to be customized so they are sold separately.

1669.jpg

1666.jpg

1665.jpg

1664.jpg

LINK

SILICONE VALLEY (PINSTRIPE VERSION) $29.99

Released on 02/27/2009

"Silicone Valley" Outfit Set includes the following items:

-1 Dress Blazer

-1 T-Shirt

-1 Pair of Jeans

Casual Fridays has new meaning with the Silicone Valley outfit set. A stylish chic homage to all the casual daytraders and sporty tech execs of Silicon Valley, this outfit set utilizes both rugged and exotic fabrics. Bootcut frayed denims in ultra-thin grade denim, custom printed wool and rugged spandex makes this suit set stand out from the rest of the crowd.

The Triad Style brand of clothing is made of nothing but the finest grade fashion fabrics. Utilizing only the industry's finest fabric with a keen eye on tailoring and design, our products are just what you have come to expect from Triad Toys. Please note the boots are not included and are available separately through our store. Most outfit sets are made to be customized so they are sold separately.

1675.jpg

1674.jpg

1673.jpg

1679.jpg

LINK

i wouldnt touch any of those store-rooms suits even with a yard stick. it's really horrible. the stitching and fabric is really cheap and worse of all it's all baggy. you're better off getting a loose dragon figure's suit or something else at that price

i have a lot of triad stuff and would recommend waiting. plus it's cheaper than those $50 suits from toys2 also

i wouldnt touch any of those store-rooms suits even with a yard stick. it's really horrible. the stitching and fabric is really cheap and worse of all it's all baggy. you're better off getting a loose dragon figure's suit or something else at that price

i have a lot of triad stuff and would recommend waiting. plus it's cheaper than those $50 suits from toys2 also

Unless you live outside the US... Their shipping quotes are simply redicoulus.:duh

Maybe it was a mistake to order from store-rooms yeah! It depends which suits you got from them. Store- Rooms is a knock off place so most everything is really bad quality.

I consider myself something of an expert on 1/6 suits because I feel as if I've investigated every possible option over the last two months trying to piece together, 6 James Bonds, Tony Stark, Bruce Wayne and Goodfellas among others.

Here's what ive found…

The Best 1/6 Suits:

1) Toys2 / Century Hobby suits: By far the best suits on the market for 1/6. Everything is lightyears ahead of any other suits out there from material, to tailoring, stitching, fitting, quality. Pricey but well worth every penny. Keep in mind these suits are not the best for James Bond as he never really wore all too many Pinstripe or Chalk Stripe suits. They are perfect for Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne though.

2) Hot Toys suits: they are up to the current standard of 1/6 tailoring, made to fit realistically, have fine stitching, lining and constructed like a real suit. They are tailored to fit realistically and are not too bulky. The best ones to get are spares from the Bank Robber Joker, Two Face... Those two have great straight gray suits that would be suitable for James Bond.

Also Hot Toys is releasing an Iron Man "Man Suit" which is the Jericho Missile scene Tony Stark outfit.

Acceptable 1/6 suits

1) Saturday Toys: These suits are pretty well crafted. Still your best option for solid black or solid blue. They fit petty baggy though especially in the pants.

2) Triad: they are not quite up to the quality of Hot Toys but are passable. Though they are made to fit Triad bodies which are a bit smaller than Truetype so keep that in mind when buying, the suits might pull and fit strangely in places on Hot Toys figures.

3) Some older Hot Toys suits like Prison Break, Clark Kent etc. good quality and fit but lacks some of the fine detailing that the newer ones have.

4) The odd Store Room suit: Specifically the one that comes with the DR Toys Spy seven. Its surprisingly hot toys caliber in terms of tailoring and stitching but note that it is cut more like a tux and needs some fiddling.

Horrible 1/6 suits

1) Early sideshow suits, most of the first Bond suits, Reservoir Dogs suits, x-files etc. Stay away from these. They have large stitching, are bulky or baggy, look very unrealistic and are tailored horribly.

Of course there are subtle exceptions: for example the Dr. No James bond came with the best tux shirt of all the bond shirts, no large metal clasps and a nice thin material.

2) Most knock off suits from places like Store Rooms: bad stitching, fray easily, ugly tailoring etc. Also you almost never get what you see in the pictures. Stay away from these places except for the aforementioned Dr. Toys Spy 7 suit.

Thanks for posting this! Dude, I love your blog - your kitbashing skills are unmatched!

The Dr Spy one (grey) you posted isn't really that bad. I mean, with Saturday Toys suits not being available anywhere - this isn't really such a bad choice. Do you remember which one you ordered?

hi D4rkShaDoWz, thanks for checking out the post. Eh, no skills whatever in kitbashing, it's just a matter of being able to find suitable parts. :)

I'm sorry I cannot remember which one I ordered as I actually bought the suit in Hong Kong over two years back, and when I asked the shop keeper for an online contact to purchase more suits, he gave me Dr Figure's email account.

Back